Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Creak, Rattle and other noise complaint thread

[MENTION=4096]Deli[/MENTION],
Mine just started doing that a couple weeks back too.

There has been a rattle coming from somewhere on the right side that has been annoying me. I had noticed it on and off but it recently got worse. Yesterday I tried to find the source and did. There is an air duct in the passenger foot well, the one that should be removed when replacing the cabin air filter. The duct is not supported well and was contacting the plastic panel near it. There is some foam insulation on the duct but it is inadequate. I put additional foam tape between the duct and panel and the rattle is completely gone.

-Dashboard squeak above the gauge cluster.
-Clunking in the passenger Recaro seat (nobody sitting in it).
-Clunking in the rear that I have yet to diagnose.
-Obnoxious wind whistle around 50-60MPH.
-Buzzing noise when on the gas. Having not driven another ST I do not know if this is normal, but it can be heard above the radio and sound symposer.

I love driving the car, and understand it is a Fiesta, but the various (unpleasant) noises are driving me crazy.

I've got a new one I haven't seen anyone mention yet. I get this weird rattle coming from the plastic trim around the shift boot. It sounds like a couple heavy washers hitting a thin hollow metal pipe. When I push down on the bottom right corner of the trim it goes away. I really don't feel like tearing my console apart but I think that's the only way I'm going pinpoint and fix the issue.

My sunroof likes to creak when I put it up in the vent position, I'm pretty sure the track/mechanism needs some lube but I haven't dug into it at all really

So this morning my lumbar support starting popping (I have the standard seats). I have it turned up all the way for extra support and it moves ever so slightly and makes a little pop every time I shift my weight. Hoping it goes away, otherwise may need to take apart the seat to see what's wrong.

midn8

My driver side window is doing crackling/rattling noises when I go over bumps or push against it since I left it in the garage with open windows after it had rained on it. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
My driver side window is doing crackling/rattling noises when I go over bumps or push against it since I left it in the garage with open windows after it had rained on it. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
My driver window rattles when its a quarter down. Sounds like the glass is hitting metal. I pay no mind anymore.

I've got a new one I haven't seen anyone mention yet. I get this weird rattle coming from the plastic trim around the shift boot. It sounds like a couple heavy washers hitting a thin hollow metal pipe. When I push down on the bottom right corner of the trim it goes away. I really don't feel like tearing my console apart but I think that's the only way I'm going pinpoint and fix the issue.
I've noticed that as well too! It's been getting louder and more frequent every week I drive the car....I'm due for an oil change here in another 900 miles so I might have the dealership take a look at it...I'll be just shy of the 36k but figured have them look at it here relatively soon.

Let me know what you find

Brand new car with less than 2000mi and already a creak/squeak coming from the passenger glovebox/dash. When I lean into and hold the left side of the glove box upward into the dash it stops. I'm thinking of adhesive-sticking some kind of dampers on the inside corners of the glove, like some pieces of rubber or something. I WILL find the source!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midn8

Fixed this problem by leaving the windows open in my garage over night.

Has anyone else has issues with a creaky/sticky clutch pedal in warm weather? Whenever the interior of my 9 month old Fiesta ST gets warm at all my clutch pedal gets sticky and creaks quite loudly. If the footwell/pedal is 70 or less it works perfectly but if its a vaguely sunny day or even the heat running for a while in winter it creaks loudly and feels all fucked up. It's definitley the pedal/linkage as it's completely dependant on the interior temperature. Extended heat ine the winter will induce it somewhat and the AC on a warm day witigates it after a time regardless of driving style. Apparently I need t figure it out myself since after two visits my local dealership just sprays some WD-40 or whatever at it and it quiets down for a day (probably mostly due to sitting in a large cooled garage for far too long). Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Has anyone else has issues with a creaky/sticky clutch pedal in warm weather? Whenever the interior of my 9 month old Fiesta ST gets warm at all my clutch pedal gets sticky and creaks quite loudly. If the footwell/pedal is 70 or less it works perfectly but if its a vaguely sunny day or even the heat running for a while in winter it creaks loudly and feels all fucked up. It's definitley the pedal/linkage as it's completely dependant on the interior temperature. Extended heat ine the winter will induce it somewhat and the AC on a warm day witigates it after a time regardless of driving style. Apparently I need t figure it out myself since after two visits my local dealership just sprays some WD-40 or whatever at it and it quiets down for a day (probably mostly due to sitting in a large cooled garage for far too long). Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Mines the same, I've tried tri-flow and it lasts a few days but mine does not seam so heat dependent. I drove it yesterday and it was 95 or so and it was quite. I originally thought it was my rubber soled shoes until I tried different ones. I'm on vacation soon and I'm going to take the linkage apart

I live in the deep south and 70% of the year it is over 80 degrees and my car stays outside and I have never had any issues with my clutch pedal like you guys seem to have. Might want to get that looked into.

So I have noticed my drivers side Recaro likes to squeak. It normally happens in the morning, but I'm in SoCal, so a cool morning is something like 70?f. I have the seats pretty much all the way down and all the way back as I'm a big guy at 6'4". I noticed I can usually fix the problem temporary by lifting the seat up a little then dropping it back down.

I think I've isolated the incident to the mechanism that raises and lowers the seat, there has to be something there that needs to be tightens or replaced. On top of that I swear whenever I move the angle of the seat back one side will latch and the other won't and idk if its the placebo effect or what, but sometimes I swear my seat back will be angled slightly. Whenever I take it in to get the sun visor replaced, 17 days and its still not in, I'm going to have them look at the seat because its driving me to insanity.