Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Creak, Rattle and other noise complaint thread

ROCKYFiestta

so annoying is there a particular silicone spray to try? any you would recommend so i can just order off amazon. hate calling goons at auto stores .

I guess a squeak counts...
Both of my front windows squeak when rolling up. just had it in at the dealer for this and blend door motor. The said they "lubricated" the windows??? but it has just returned back to squeak mode just 2 weeks later[clap], good job...
Such a pain to arrange to leave car at dealer so now looking into how to fix it myself, and right!

Popping (like quiet popcorn popping) under the headliner between my sunroof and the windshield. I can apply gentle pressure or tug down gently at the edge of the sunroof opening and stop it. After six months, it still bugs the heck out of me. I fear having the dealership do something about it might result in other issues.

I can't find any good viewing angle to figure out what's popping.

Noticed a squealing noise coming from the blower motor when I was leaving work today, changing the fan speed changes the pitch and noise level of the squealing.

I need to change the cabin filter so I'm hoping it's just a piece of errant debris or trash caught up in there and not a blower motor failing, would rather not pull the dash all apart with a bad back. [chairfall][chairfall][chairfall]

I have a single click when my driver side window gets to the bottom, sometimes when i roll it back up too. Very irritating and can't diagnose a bit.

I've noticed a very strange sound. And I really can't find anything anywhere similar to help me figure it out. It sounds like a cricket chirping, under light load at lower speeds. It does it warm, and cold. My irrational fear is that it's the turbine nicking the housing of the turbo or something. . . I try my best to baby this girl, but I live in Central Florida, and we have a lot of honda drivers. . . . [emoji23][emoji23]

I've got a Cobb, running stage 1-91, but always use 93 octane, the Cobb rmm, and a drop in k&n with the plenum mod, (because, ssssss-pshhh)
I've listened to every clip I can find on YouTube, and nothing matches. I tried to get sound clips myself, but the camera picks up too much background noise to really make it out. It's intermittent, but consistent? If that makes sense, like I hear it frequently, but can't really isolate the conditions to make it happen intentionally. . . .

I've been lurking around for a few months now and I really enjoy you guys. Sorry for the novel. . . Tl;Dr - lucky cricket?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

karp

I've got two new concerning noises at ~4500 miles on a 2018 model. These add to a popping noise in my headliner and various dash and door panel rattles that don't concern me; they're just annoyances.

1. At extremely low speeds in reverse, while crossing my garage transition area, I hear knocking in the rear of my car. I wouldn't even call this a bump, just a gentle, at least foot wide hump to keep water out. Certainly not enough to bounce my spare at these speeds. I'm going to take out my spare and tools tonight to see if that isolates it, just in case. I don't get the sound in forward gears (or the inside noise level masks it).

One other person in this thread seems to have described the exact same noise, but he never followed up to note whether he got it identified and fixed.

2. At low forward speeds in parking lots and driveways, there is a lot of rattling noise coming from the front left side of my car, not the dual mass flywheel clunking, which I have mentally tuned out at this point. Sounds like it could be suspension compenents or even a loose body panel. Can't hear it at higher speeds, due to interior noise.
I'm hoping the dealer can remedy the front suspension noise. It doesn't sound good.

This is my first Ford (or Mexican-American car of any kind) and so far, I'd call the number of noises excessive. I've owned other hot econoboxes (Civic SI and GTI) and even older Italian cars (various Alfas and Fiats) that made less noise than my six month old FiST. Still love it. Best car I ever personally owned for driving feel, but the little quality issues really add up.

Skiptrip

Hi there,

I want to loop in your customer service manager. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan
Does anyone know if Ford Service is still on this forum and helping with creaks, rattles, and noises? Thanks!

Skiptrip

Disappointing to hear, but thank you for the quick reply. I've read every page in this thread, and the rattles and squeaks that I'm experiencing at 19,000 miles (in the driver's side window, sunroof, and dash) seem all too commonplace.

I've got two new concerning noises at ~4500 miles on a 2018 model. These add to a popping noise in my headliner and various dash and door panel rattles that don't concern me; they're just annoyances.

1. At extremely low speeds in reverse, while crossing my garage transition area, I hear knocking in the rear of my car. I wouldn't even call this a bump, just a gentle, at least foot wide hump to keep water out. Certainly not enough to bounce my spare at these speeds. I'm going to take out my spare and tools tonight to see if that isolates it, just in case. I don't get the sound in forward gears (or the inside noise level masks it).

One other person in this thread seems to have described the exact same noise, but he never followed up to note whether he got it identified and fixed.

2. At low forward speeds in parking lots and driveways, there is a lot of rattling noise coming from the front left side of my car, not the dual mass flywheel clunking, which I have mentally tuned out at this point. Sounds like it could be suspension compenents or even a loose body panel. Can't hear it at higher speeds, due to interior noise.
I'm hoping the dealer can remedy the front suspension noise. It doesn't sound good.

This is my first Ford (or Mexican-American car of any kind) and so far, I'd call the number of noises excessive. I've owned other hot econoboxes (Civic SI and GTI) and even older Italian cars (various Alfas and Fiats) that made less noise than my six month old FiST. Still love it. Best car I ever personally owned for driving feel, but the little quality issues really add up.
#1 Is most likely your rear muffler swaying around. Throw a ziptie around the rear hanger to give it a little more strength and see if the noise goes away.

#1 Is most likely your rear muffler swaying around. Throw a ziptie around the rear hanger to give it a little more strength and see if the noise goes away.
Much appreciated! I will give that a try. It certainly makes sense, given that the sound does seem to come from that side of the car. (The dealer denied hearing either noise, but it was pouring here in ATL when I took it in Monday.)

SPhilli911

I've started noticing a creaky sound which may or may not be related to the cold weather. Hard to place where it's coming from but at startup I hear it and when changing gears. I have a guess that it is the rear motor mount, which I replaced with a Cobb one years ago. Initially I thought it was the suspension since I hear it when hitting bumps, but then why would I hear it at startup.

On top of that my blend door actuator is making clicking sounds behind the dash. Good stuff. [wrenchin]

At 22k miles it's amazing how many rattles and creaks this thing makes. Such a pile of crap on the inside, shame really considering how good the rest of the car is. But it's cheap, I get it, gotta save money somewhere. My driver side A pillar has rattled since I bought the car at 15k miles, will probably yank it off this weekend and see what's up.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
At 22k miles it's amazing how many rattles and creaks this thing makes. Such a pile of crap on the inside, shame really considering how good the rest of the car is. But it's cheap, I get it, gotta save money somewhere. My driver side A pillar has rattled since I bought the car at 15k miles, will probably yank it off this weekend and see what's up.
My '16 has 30K and only noise is a squeaking window going up or down.....I would wonder what kind of driving or where the car was driven in the first 15K? Why don't you have the car serviced under warranty and take care of your issues for free? It would annoy the hell out of me driving with all the issues you have. I hate rattles in a car, makes me insane.