Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Helmet recommendations - for GLASSES WEARING folk

I'm hoping some of you can suggest full face helmets (fire safe) that fit glasses comfortably. I am planning to run solo ll most of the time but alot of my friends/co workers are running AER and some other track day style events. I know you can use an open face style helmet in autocross but I would like to participate in 1 or 2 AER events a year. Since race gear is costly I'd like to just spend a little more now and not have to worry if my equipment is up to spec for more demanding racing series.

I like my Bell M4...it works fine with my regular glasses (wire rim type), and I can squeeze in my Oakley prescription sunglasses as well. I got it from Craig at US Race gear after trying on several others in his shop from Simpson, Bell, and others.

OP
obsandrew
Thread Starter #3
I like my Bell M4...it works fine with my regular glasses (wire rim type), and I can squeeze in my Oakley prescription sunglasses as well. I got it from Craig at US Race gear after trying on several others in his shop from Simpson, Bell, and others.
Thanks [MENTION=1621]mister2dood[/MENTION] this is a helmet high up on my list because of the extra large eye port. I'm looking for a place I can test a few before purchase.

meFiSTo

I've had good luck with Arai helmets. I have a GP-5W (wide port closed face) and an old GP-Jet2 (open face). I previously had a GP-5K. I have some cool glass frames that have an extremely close fitting temple/end piece combination. Both sunglasses and clear lens frames in the same format. They slide right in effortlessly. I've also used other frames with these helmets with no issue, but I love these ici berlin "daniel" things. They work great for in-helmet use.

OP
obsandrew
Thread Starter #5
I've had good luck with Arai helmets. I have a GP-5W (wide port closed face) and an old GP-Jet2 (open face). I previously had a GP-5K. I have some cool glass frames that have an extremely close fitting temple/end piece combination. Both sunglasses and clear lens frames in the same format. They slide right in effortlessly. I've also used other frames with these helmets with no issue, but I love these ici berlin "daniel" things. They work great for in-helmet use.
The Arai line is very nice I was also considering the gp5w I like the look of it, and since doing a bit more research I don't think the bell m4 comes with a nomex lining. I have a few pairs of glasses with my current prescription. The ones I have for work/active things are Carrera ca6640 in black they are relatively small and feel like as long as I go with a wide port I'll remain comfortable. I'll have to look more into the AER rule book as far as fire safety goes but I'm almost positive your entire get up has to be nomex.

OP
obsandrew
Thread Starter #6
As an update have ordered the Aria gp5w. Glasses felt secure but not overly tight against my face ...thanks again for the suggestions [MENTION=283]meFiSTo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1621]mister2dood[/MENTION]!