Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's the best part of owning and driving a Fiesta ST?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Lets put it this way. You dont have to be the driver to have a big smile on your face after sitting in a FiST while WOT with a side of Gs if ya know what I mean. My friends face expression was priceless. He couldnt believe so much power came out of such a small car.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
As a recent motorcyclist, I agree - it's not QUITE as good as motorcycle but it has that kick-in-the-pants ludicrous acceleration of a motorcycle, coupled with literal go-kart handling - if for some reason, the FiST was a Roadster, it WOULD be like a motorcycle.

I like my FiST most for the A) fun to drive factor but mostly b) fun to drive while still getting 30mpg c) cheap to operate - good mileage and 87 octane option d) cheap to own e) will beat up cars outside its class f) will beat up literally any honda short of an NSX or modified S2000. though in a drag race, since NSX's arent that powerful, it'd probably be a tossup.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Lets not get carried away here. An NSX would probably wipe the floor with the FiST especially in a straight line.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Friend's dad owns one. Stock for stock they're not really all that powerful - where that car shines is outstanding handling coupled with "adequate" power. It's 270hp (290 tops) but only 210tq , weighs 3010 - versus an AT NSX I still say it would be a tossup. that, and the gorgeous bodywork.

I'm quite sure a lightly modded FOST would trounce the NSX in a straight line.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Got my first ticket today lol
A white unmarked from tje opposite beamed me doing 56 on a 40. But gave me a $45 seat belt ticket instead :) no points on my license so im not mad at all....I must discipline myself in the future but its really hard. I may need to rehab soon lol

C. love

4 door and MPG. Followed buy the fact it handles like a go cart while sucking you into the Recaros. I cant say much else straight line is mehhhhh all of our mountain roads are snow packed or just covered in garbage right now so I haven't gotten to experience the car in its element yet

The best part of owning a FiST is my commute is more fun than half of the people on the road. To everyone else it's just a Ford Fiesta, and to me its that Ford Fiesta that puts a smile on my face everyday.

People next to you at stop lights not knowing what the hell you have, thinking its just a "pimped out" fiesta and trying to race you in their econobox or riced our car. The truth is in the boost, once they hear spool or BOV between shifts then go back to their terrible existence, saddened and lonely.

Soon I will take it out on some nice twisty roads and see how she does.
Stig, I was just re-reading this thread...your comments are priceless: the "terrible existence, saddened and lonely" part....brought a smile to my face...........

So far it's the Escape Titanium Loaner car I've been driving for 2 weeks while my car is under surgery! LOL (J/K)

The feeling you get when you turn into a corner faster than most cars can, break the ass loose, and then get it together and shoot out of the other side. I cant help but giggle.

XuperXero

The gas mileage... especially for such a powerful car. I used to get 13L/100km(18MPG for you muricans) on my BMW 3 series, now I have trouble using more than 8.5L/100km(27.6MPG) even in the most spirited driving!

Oh and there's a nice 4 corner mountain (more like hill) road on my work commute that I've managed to do 4 wheel slides through. Incredibly fun! [coolsmile]

In my neck of the woods there are a lot of tuners and enthusiasts of many different types of cars so some people know what I'm driving but mostly everyone is interested to see what it can do I'm sure. The difference between stock to the way it feels with the FSWERKS cool flo intake + 93 is awesome! It really feels great and pulls strong!