Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Piercemotorsports Fiesta ST 2 Point Lateral Rear Trunk Brace

Trader history for Piercemotorsports (0)

Hey folks-as we move our way through the platform we've found another area that could seriously benefit from some strengthening. The 2-Point REAR Lateral Trunk Braces provide that last bit of rear chassis strengthening by joining two more points directly above the rear coil spring buckets/suspension. These two mounting positions /anchors ensure suspension stability in the rear chassis/unibody by minimizing flex-they improve the road feel and handling characteristics of daily drivers, spirited street driving or track performance driving. As with all our products we've utilized 4130 Chromoly for it's strength and more important rigidity---being 10x stronger than aluminum at similar thicknesses and 3X more rigid than mild steel allows us to get the strongest and lightest bracing for our cars! The install is fairly simple and requires basic handtools with just minimal mechanical ability to install---here's a link to the installations thread/pics/instructions- http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5561-Another-Item-from-Pierce-Motorsports

As we do with most of our products we're offering them at a discount and with free shipping to start---we've built 20 units and they're going to powdercoating shortly---but we'll build more to accommodate everyone's interest. Currently they'll be $89 shipped here in the states and just $14 more to Canada. They'll retail for $99 plus shipping so there's some good savings for those that want to take advantage of it. Just PM here with your paypal info and we'll fire off an invoice-thanks! Oh!!! Next up rear torsion bars!!! Currently being tested! Three different rates for Street/Track/Race!
These are going out for powdercoating on Friday August 14TH so the CUTOFF for the PREORDER Pricing is this Friday.

Kind of a silly question since the trunk brace is usually hidden, but wondering if you have additional powder coat options other than black? Regardless, job well done, will be adding this to my mod wish list.

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
Thank you-so we switched to that anthracite dark grey color and I had them blend in a hint of metallic earlier this year---between all the different lines/bars we're able to get a batch together to powdercoat every few weeks. It's not cost effective for us to have them coat single items so we'll go ahead and take care of that here-we charge just $10 on a small brace and we shoot 3 coats of a metal etching primer and then 3-5 coats of a gloss enamel. Works out to about the same delivery time for us.

OP
P
Thread Starter #6
Wow that seems fast-great job! Ok we need to send these out for powdercoating-so we're going to cut off the pre-order this Friday at 10pm. They'll make there way to the site this weekend and be available for purchase at normal pricing. Thanks again for all the support---have a good strong batch going to the powdercoater!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
This is easily the best sub $100 mod I have done to the car along with the 2-point in the front. The rear is so planted, so tight feeling. An added, surprising plus, I had this squeak in the rear hatch area since I bought the car, after putting the brace in, guess what it's gone LOL! I am looking forward to the PM torsion bar!

First Dave, and now Airjor. Next week won't come soon enough... But then the awesome anthracite color will be worth the wait.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
This is easily the best sub $100 mod I have done to the car along with the 2-point in the front. The rear is so planted, so tight feeling. An added, surprising plus, I had this squeak in the rear hatch area since I bought the car, after putting the brace in, guess what it's gone LOL! I am looking forward to the PM torsion bar!
[MENTION=382]airjor13[/MENTION] you had me at hello. LOL. I have said rear hatch noise and it is annoying AF. Perhaps this will help with that! How long did the install take and difficult was this to install? it looks easy breezy. Does the hatch cover still lay flat? [MENTION=1301]Piercemotorsports[/MENTION] did you presale all 20 rear braces yet? What do you have for the front?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Any word on when these will ship?
The first batch was sent off to powder coat so they should ship very soon.

Is it possible to get in on buying one of these? I didn't see them listed on the site.
As this is a new product not ready to ship, they are not on the site yet.
You should call or email Jim to order one.

Dave

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I had an annoying squeak in the back of my FiST, that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, especially since it only happened at low speed while I was driving I have over 25K on my car. I received my pre-order on August 6th and installed it on August 8 (I PMed Jim as soon as I read Dave's post to get in early) For the record, I have the 6 pt lower brace and the 2 point strut brackets. As soon as i installed the rear seat brace, my squeaks went away. I can also feel the difference in the rear end part of the car when taking turns fast. There is less of a tendency to lift a wheel. I Can't wait to get the other brace and the stabilizer bar. Great products.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
[hah] Uggggh... dang ya'll to heckles and back! The FiST is going to be a never ending mod monster! LOL

I will probably start with a front lower and the hatch one. I still want to do sway bars. I thought I was close to done... I guess it is never done!!! [:p] [clap]

OP
P
Thread Starter #18
Hey there-sorry for the late reponse, been driving all morning---they haven't been shot yet at the powdercoater but are scheduled for tomorrow-if they're done by say 2pm I'll grab them and start shipping over the weekend which means they'll be picked up Monday from the shipper---if they're not done I'll grab them Monday and start shipping which means some will ship Monday and some Tuesday! They'll make it to the site before the end of the month, but to order just pm me you info and I'll get an invoice off to you-thanks!!!

OP
P
Thread Starter #19
Hey guys-we picked them up and will start boxing/shipping today-we'll send tracking info when they leave-thanks!