Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PERON P3xx Twin-Scroll Turbo Thread

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #21
Peron has some new posts up about Fiesta turbos, but they call it "hybrid" and I'm too dumb to know if they mean twin scroll, or if they are referring to something else (hybrid turbo means electronic boost, to me, but again, I'm ignorant).
They're not the same (i.e. Hybrid (rebuilt with stock housing) vs Twin Scroll)....

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...per-Stock-V2-Hybrid-Turbo?p=108336#post108336

Also PERON just announced a new manifold yesterday to mate up to their new hybrid Super Stock V2 Turbo which I posted yesterday......

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...2-Hybrid-Turbo?p=112293&viewfull=1#post112293
[HR][/HR]
PERON's Super Stock V2 Hybrid Turbo Manifold

"Fiesta ST 1.6T Super Stock V2 Hybrid Turbo Manifold coming soon..."

https://www.facebook.com/PERONtuned...8711918323170/413488035512223/?type=1&theater

Peron SS V2 Turbo Manifold.jpg

[HR][/HR]
PERON Super Stock V2 Hybrid Turbo

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6155-PERON-Super-Stock-V2-Hybrid-Turbo

https://www.facebook.com/PERONtuned...8711918323170/407458092781884/?type=1&theater

Peron shared some details of its new hybrid turbo, Super Stock V2:

http://perontuned.co.uk/products/super-stock-turbocharger-v2-ford-fiesta-1-6tc

The Super Stock V2 should be able to hit 300BHP.

The current Super Stock makes ~280 BHP and at 1.6bar (23.2PSI) over 300lb/ft.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #23
Before I crawl back under my rock... what's a hybrid turbo, then? >.>
Perhaps someone else could chime in but I'm assuming much quicker spool similar to that of stock setup.... PERON should be releasing results very soon....

Before I crawl back under my rock... what's a hybrid turbo, then? >.>
Stock - OEM - turbo with large bore turbine, large bore compressor wheel,...
So they take the FiST OEM turbo and make the inside bigger, larger bore. All done with CNC off course.

V2 Is a little bit different on the outside too... V1 is a better example:

JasonHaven

So they take the FiST OEM turbo and make the inside bigger, larger bore. All done with CNC off course.

Ah... so like the cyborg mod (if I understood *that* correctly, hah)?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #26

Hey since your a bit closer to PERON (over on that side of the pond ;)) do you have any idea as to when PERON is going to be releasing results for this along with their new mating manifold?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #28
I think he might work for Peron ;).

I have a stock turbo coming in today that is getting sent off for some testing/upgrades. Will make a thread when the time comes.

Hybrid turbo means "stock frame". Which is basically a modified factory turbo like Cyborg.
Still very anxious to see what you guys come up with and what will eventually be offered!

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I was speaking to a chap at Peron the other night. This twin scroll kit is making 370hp on a hub dyno with an auxiliary fuel system.
Peron are also developing a multi injection intake manifold which also includes multi water/meth ports as well.

Rhinopolis

Why go modified stock turbo vs purchase a different one? Does it save that much money, or do it for other reasons?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Why go modified stock turbo vs purchase a different one? Does it save that much money, or do it for other reasons?
I did it to help develop one. Most others do it because they like tire shredding torque with a wider powerband.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Mostly for cost. A hybrid turbo will give you more power than OEM and you don't have to change any of the hardware that touches it. Going to an actual BT you will most likely have to modify or replace everything that mates with it.

Rhinopolis

I did it to help develop one. Most others do it because they like tire shredding torque with a wider powerband.
Mostly for cost. A hybrid turbo will give you more power than OEM and you don't have to change any of the hardware that touches it. Going to an actual BT you will most likely have to modify or replace everything that mates with it.
Thanks for the explanation, guys. I will most likely end up going modified turbo on mine for the reasons you cite.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #34
i know nothing at the moment, still to be mapped, its going to be on pump fuel and at about 1.5 bar so wont be any massive numbers. be interesting to see what difference it makes to my older efr setup.

i have nothing for you at the moment i am afraid, just as eager as the rest of you to get some results, there have been a few manifold and map revisions made but at the moment thats all i know.