Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PERON P3xx Twin-Scroll Turbo Thread

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Peron's Twin Scroll Turbo Kit for Fiesta ST

Any reason you did not change the con-rods when the pistons were replaced?
The first failure point for us (big power) is the thin valve pocket of the ring-lands. The stock con-rods should be fine at his power level, I'm assuming. Seems to me, and this is conjecture, that only replacing the pistons could place stressors elsewhere.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

I only done the pistons because sitech racing who had the pistons commisioned had the rods tested by omega and they were over engineerd and more than capable. Infact the standard rods are stronger than some of the other aftermarket bushed rods. I am not running mega high boost. Just put them in as i had them lying in the garage

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I only done the pistons because sitech racing who had the pistons commisioned had the rods tested by omega and they were over engineerd and more than capable. Infact the standard rods are stronger than some of the other aftermarket bushed rods. I am not running mega high boost. Just put them in as i had them lying in the garage
Thanks for the explanation, that's handy to know. There's a old saying, revs kills rods (and rod bolts) more so than boost.
This car must be mad with 340 at the wheels. I reckon I have about 280 with the single scroll and its pretty crazy at times :)

Some reading....

The new Fiesta EcoBoost 1.6 motor has a very robust construction, the OE Pistons and rods have been run at over 350 bhp on occasion and have stood up to the track punishment Pumaspeed have given them.

For the customer wanting the very best and to push the limit, this new Sitech Custom designed, Omega manufactured 79.00mm Superlight Forged Piston set with out perform the competition.

When looking at the Ecoboost 1.6 motor there were many features that are so high quality they did not need to be changed.
The Stock Connecting rod is very light and uses a Specially Hardened DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) Coated Wrist Pin as used in WRC motors.
These Connecting rods are suitable to run very larger power outputs and can rev to well over 8000 without compromising reliabilty.

Add these 25 gram lighter pistons to the already very capable Con Rod combination and it makes a very capable high revving economical engine build for Street ,Drag or Race use.The lighter the weight the less stress is placed on the big end bearings and the higher the motor can rev.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #108
PERON P3xx Twin Scroll / Dyno Results - 331whp / 324tq

PERON P3xx Twin Scroll Dyno Results:

https://www.facebook.com/PERONtuned/photos/pcb.513844885476537/513840138810345/?type=3&theater

Peron x37 boost profile.jpg

We finally completed the production tune on Ian's car built by CLP Automotive. 331hp / 324.40 ftlb @ the wheels.

>250tq (3500~7000rpm)

- PERON P3XX Twin Scroll Turbo Kit (BorgWarner Performance Aftermarket EFR6258)
- Turbosmart B1 frame EFR Actuator
- PERON P3XX V2 Intercooler
- PERON Flash Ford STG4 Map
- AEM Meth Kit
- Shell V-Power 98RON pump fuel
- Stock transmission and clutch
- Stock fuel system

Maximum torque is produced at 4000rpm, we had it at 3700rpm but the larger volume intercooler added a few 100 rpms to peak torque - but was required to keep charge temps at only a few degrees above ambient even on 5th gear runs. We have some 340whp pulls which will go onto our blog posts, but this is our boost group 2 settings peaking at 26psi and holding 24psi. It's super smooth and feels very strong at this level of boost.

We will now continue to test on the EFR6758 and 7163 twin scroll options to allow even more power and limit the lag associated with these power levels.

TempeST

Whoo!! Looks great! Finally got the results. I cant wait to see how mine compares. these are the results I'm looking for.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #111
Any chance of getting a boost curve ?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
PERON should have more data including boost profiles released within the next few days

[HR][/HR]
Twin Scroll Dyno Results Summary...

>250whp (>4100rpm) / >300whp (>5200rpm) / 331whp @ 6550rpm

>250tq (3500~6900rpm) / >300tq (3900~5500rpm) / 324tq @ 4240rpm

Peak Boost (26psi) / 24psi @ ~7200rpm

Peron x37 boost profile.jpg

TempeST

Not beating on anyone but it has more WHP and Torque than the x37 from 3700rpm+ on the Highest WHP/WTQ x37 car right now. Looks good to me. I expected the spool to happen a little sooner being the Twin scroll. but the power is great and the powerband is perfect for what I need. (I know the X37 is WAY cheaper and WAY smaller) I only said that for the "driveability" and "powerband" purposes. Basically above 3500 this kit is awesome. Great work guys. Look forward to seeing the results of the 7163TS and would love to see Aux fuel on the 6258TS

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
PERON should have more data including boost profiles released within the next few days

[HR][/HR]
Dyno Results Summary...

331whp / 324.40tq

>250whp (>4100rpm) / >300whp (>5200rpm)

>250tq (3500~6900rpm) / >300tq (3900~5500rpm)

Peak Boost (26psi) / 24psi @ ~7200rpm

View attachment 10885
Judging by these results I'm happy I went DHM quickspool. Judging by the graph and with out a boost curve this thing looks just as laggy as every other big turbo kit on the market. Especially considering this car has forged pistons.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #114
Judging by these results I'm happy I went DHM quickspool. Judging by the graph and with out a boost curve this thing looks just as laggy as every other big turbo kit on the market. Especially considering this car has forged pistons.

From what I've seen to date PumaSpeed's X-37 hybrid turbo would still definitely be my preference for a DD turbo upgrade...

Yeah, personally I haven't been very impressed with any "quick spool" or other BT turbo kits I've reviewed so far...different strokes I suppose...

I do have a higher 340whp graph but its at the limit of the fuel system so wont be used by me. The turbo is not even pushing near its limit.I will wait till a proper pump and injector upgrade is available.

TempeST

I wish your dyno showed RPM instead of speed. it would make comparing much easier. lol

Based

So is a twin scroll kit available for sale yet? Or is it just in development?