Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe's Blue by You Build

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #101
Rod lives by his own rules lol.
In my time on this rock I have found rules are a good sometimes a good suggestion .. Others are meant to be bent to the limits .. Cuz that's where the fun is ...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
In my time on this rock I have found rules are a good sometimes a good suggestion .. Others are meant to be bent to the limits .. Cuz that's where the fun is ...
That's how break throughs are made [^]

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
Ok Mid June 2014 Update Tuning Continues with Randy From Mountune and as I raplaced the Catted DP with a CATLESS DP we shall redo our Tune again.. Went with a 2J-Racing Catless to replace the Sport Cat 2J-Racing DP i had in there. More power and only a lil smell from no cat.. Surprising will report back on how it works once we have the tune for it :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Nice, did it get much louder?

iso100

1000 Post Club
Rod, how did you determine that you needed that much camber? Chalk on the tread blocks or a tire thermometer?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #107
Have not noticed much if any more sound but have not had a chance to wind it up with waiting on updated tune and it is rainng cats and dogs here all week so far.. Yes I chaulked my tires and knew the FWD would need as much help as possilbe from past cars i have owned. Also used a bit of SWAG and watch tire wear..

iso100

1000 Post Club
Yes I chaulked my tires and knew the FWD would need as much help as possilbe from past cars i have owned. Also used a bit of SWAG and watch tire wear..
If you're serious about autocrossing (or road racing) you should invest in a tire thermometer for the best way to gauge proper pressures and camber/caster. The chalk thing only gets you so far...

iso100

1000 Post Club
Works best with sticky race rubber but immediately after your run you will quickly check the outside, middle and inside tread temps below the surface (those thermometers have a spike you stick into the tread) and write them down. If your tread is colder on the inside than outside, you can stand to increase negative camber and so on...

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #111
Ahh Good Info Thanks
MK No new noise from the catless DP but it does seem to rev quicker or it may just be the heavy cool air today.. Im happy now on to E30 maybe LOL

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
Installed the Boomba Solid shifter bracket bushings and it does feel better I must say..

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #115
How much better?
It is more of a closer less vague feel of when you select a gear and it seems to me anyways to find the gate better I will know more after next weekend and a day on the track but first impression is good and a nice update to the quick shift I have..
incremental but noticable. Not sure how it would be on a total stock unit but I feel it was worth the time and effort to allow me to "bond" with my FiST.. ;)

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #116
Just update on the Quaife as I was hearing a new sound while the car was out of gear and rolling forward
this from Quaife UK
Hello

Thank you for your e-mail and first of all glad you are happy with the differential and send us over a picture of your vehicle and we will add it to our Facebook pictures as we love to see all of our customers vehicles.

Regarding your question I can advise that you will have a slight noise coming from the differential as it is the pinions moving slightly in the pockets. This is a normal noise and nothing for you to worry about and I have just spoken to our R7D representative and they have confirmed this is normal as well.

Hope the above is all ok and if you have any further questions please just ask.

Kind regards

Matt Weller

Technical Sales

DDI +44 (0)1732 749526

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #117
Ok back at it again this time Brakes since I went 15 inch wheels I am limited to BBK options so I did the next best thing and add new Cyro Rotors and Porterfield R4s pad all around as well as Stop Tech SS brake lines from Joe at 2J racing.. then flushed it all out with Stop Tech STR600 fluid for fun..
After that was done I swapped out my Factory Transmission fluid to try some Motul300 fluid and see how that works .
Will update after I get the brakes bedded and report back on the pads and trans fluids ..
Here are a few Brake pics

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #119
Stage 4 in the works not able to say more than this at this point but hats off to Chalon at PCA for scoring me a KILLA deal on this and now to get the rest when time allows...

More to come as I am able to reveal do to vendor/builder agreements ..