Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bridgestone Driveguard tires

Hey guys, so I'm currently running stock tires on my TD 1.2 wheels (17x8, 48mm offset) but they're almost worn out at only 16K miles!
Anyway, I've been shopping around, and I was recently recommended the Bridgestone Driveguard (run-flat tires) in 215/45/17. They apparently have decent performance (I don't track my car) and have a 50K mile warranty! That seems crazy good to me, especially over the OE tires that only gave me 16K miles, but I am skeptical about run-flat tires.
Does anyone have any feedback/experience/opinions on these tires? I did a search but couldn't find anything on these forums. It's either these Bridgestone tires or the Yokohama S-Drives in 215/40/17 or the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 in 215/45/17.
I prefer a 215/40/17 tire but the options are very limited >.< so I'm up to try 215/45/17. Thanks!

TheStig

I know some tire install shops wont put run flats on cars that didnt have them from the factory and also wont put non-run flats on cars that did. Take that for whatever it is worth, probably ass-covering more than anything. But any time ive heard a review of a "performance" car that had Run-Flat tires, they hated them. Old Top Gear BMW videos come to mind.

I've read a million reviews of people who replaced their run flats with non run flats and were thrilled. They said the ride was nicer and less noisy. I'll be picking up some Continental Extremecontacts in 215 45r17 myself. They also have a 50k mile warranty and are the #1 rated UPAS tire on Tirerack.

OP
E
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback guys. looks like I'll be sticking to some regular summer tires!

The Conti DW is a good summer tire. These tires have reliable grip on dry and wet roads.

I work for Bridgestone and the Driveguards are intended to replace nonrunflat tires so you have the extra security. Be warned they are not performance oriented at all and are a touring tire. They are very quiet and very comfortable. Fantastic for trips but not good for throwing into the bends.