Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

6 point brace install trouble

Having trouble installing the 6 point brace from pierce- I can't get a single bolt off. I hit them with a few rounds of pb blaster and used my cheap torque wrench ~16" but couldn't get them to budge. Should I try a breaker bar next? Take to a pro? Other advice? 2014 with 75k so it's always a pain to take things apart.

Thanks

Having trouble installing the 6 point brace from pierce- I can't get a single bolt off. I hit them with a few rounds of pb blaster and used my cheap torque wrench ~16" but couldn't get them to budge. Should I try a breaker bar next? Take to a pro? Other advice? 2014 with 75k so it's always a pain to take things apart.

Thanks
A little bit of blow torch heat on bolts usually works for me when I'm at that point lol

the duke

Breaker or an impact. Electric impacts are really, really good now. My DCF899 is a beast and has already twisted bolts, so there power.

heat can help. Suckers are just stuck.
Ugga Dugga.

Hey Greg, Not sure if you were actually using a torque wrench or a regular ratchet but I’d advise not using that as a breaker bar. Might mess that tool up. I purchased a cheapie 18in breaker bar from harbor freight probably only $20 or less. They had a bigger one too if you feel like you’d need more leverage.

With the hit or miss results from other members, I figured I’d just let the pros do mine. Have an appointment Monday for mine so it will no longer be in my Lady’s trunk 😅 good luck with your install

Dialcaliper

Thanks
Get a real breaker bar for sure - at least 18” or longer. Sometimes a cheater pipe helps, but otherwise second the electric impact wrench, PB and heat.