Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Passenger side mount bolt

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
First run at the track today I missed 3rd pretty badly and broke the bolt for passenger side mount. Is there a part number I'll need to order it or where can I get a bolt the same size? Any info is appreciated!

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
looks like i can get the mount for $70 online. Going to order one and see if i can do something about how soft it is.

rexdriver85

Seems pretty common already, I've already seen a few people here break theirs as well.

Hoping one of our fine vendors develops something eventually.

Does the mount you found include the bolt that broke? I wouldn't think it would?

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Seems pretty common already, I've already seen a few people here break theirs as well.

Hoping one of our fine vendors develops something eventually.

Does the mount you found include the bolt that broke? I wouldn't think it would?
Yeah seems to be common.. Surprised nobody has made an aftermarket solution. I plan on filling the new mount with window weld and seeing if it helps any. For $70 + $15 for window weld it might be worth it. Here is a picture of the part diagram, the bolts are all highlighted. I'm a little skeptical if hardware will be included, but I want to Try to fill the mount anyway. Sorry about crappy quality took a pic of the computer screen

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I was the first to break it. Check your CV axle boot on the pass side. Its a M12 bolt, but I can't remember much else.
That mount is supposed to be some sort of "hydraulic" mount. Not sure if filling it will help it. I do agree it needs a solution. That POS bolt cost me over $500 after it was all said and done.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I was the first to break it. Check your CV axle boot on the pass side. Its a M12 bolt, but I can't remember much else.
That mount is supposed to be some sort of "hydraulic" mount. Not sure if filling it will help it. I do agree it needs a solution. That POS bolt cost me over $500 after it was all said and done.
Cool, thanks for the info

me32

1000 Post Club

Did the dealer fix at your cost for 500? Seems like a lot of money

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
If you are going to pay for this mount and fasteners yourself, try quirkparts.com. This should be a dealer warranty part though.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Did the dealer fix at your cost for 500? Seems like a lot of money
The axle was on a 4 month back order when I needed it. So I got an oem one from rockauto and I payed a lot for express shipping ( single car daily driver ). 3 tows ( one free from ford ). I bought $110 worth of trans fluid because I ordered some from a motul dealer, then found it on amazon prime ( which got it to me 5 days faster ). Plus of course fixing the bolt that broke the first time.

The issue with the axle is... Its a fiesta ST cv axle. No more, no less. Its not a 1.6L escape axle. Its not a fusion axle. Its not a fiesta axle. Its not a fiesta SFE axle. IT IS A FIESTA ST ONLY PASSENGER AXLE. So naturally, they are not just laying around everywhere.

That's when I started getting scared about the trans. Its a FIESTA ST trans. Its not found in any other car at all. The fusion B6 is close, but our case is smaller, hense... The fusion trans won't work. The trans cost more than the motor, lol.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The dealer told me $450 if I supply the axle, lmao.
All in all, you could prob replace it for $310. Jack up ONLY the pass side so the trans fluid doesn't jump out at you, lol. And order the axle with cheap shipping and it shouldn't be too bad. Of course... That wasn't an option.
Dealer cost is like $260 for the axle I think.
And no... The dealer told me some BS about ford requiring PICTURES OF EVERY PART OF THE CAR to do warranty work. Aka, they couldn't just submit a pic of the broken axle, they had to submit pics of the intercooler, turbo, intake, etc etc. ummmm... No way my car passes that test, it went 13.3@104.5mph that night, lol.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
[MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] my trans is also now whining similar to what others have documented. I'm going to put the car up on ramps tomorrow and check everything out. Instead of putting all stock parts on and bringing to the dealer I might have the trans looked at while getting a LSD installed. It's going to be one of those "while I'm in there" things haha

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
"While your in there", you may want to hit up pumaspeed for a gear ratio upgrade. Do you really plan on going over 145mph? Lol

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Put the car up on Ramps today. Everything looks ok. Just need to replace the bolt and then worry about this stupid whining transmission. Tried swapping gear fluid but no luck. Bleh

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17

So this came today.. Exactly what I was hoping for! Now need to figure out how to make this better

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Update..

Put the new mount in. Car is back to stock and at the dealer. Transmission comes out tomorrow and will be inspected. Until further notice I'm stuck with a Mercury Milan v6 as a loaner :(

I've been reading up about hydraulic engine mounts and found this link. Seems like some Porsche guys would gut and fill their hydraulic mounts with urethane. Might give it a try with my old mount.

http://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/708077-diy-semi-solid-engine-mounts-modded-oem-mounts.html

http://www.function-first.com/products/engine-trans/engine-mount-upgrade