Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What was your first Fiesta ST mod?

What was your first Fiesta ST mod?

• Intake

Votes: 62 11.4%
  • Exhaust

Votes: 53 9.7%
  • Tune

Votes: 91 16.7%
  • Other Performance (Please List)

Votes: 42 7.7%
  • Suspension (Coilovers/Springs/Shocks)

Votes: 15 2.8%
  • Tires & Wheels

Votes: 36 6.6%
  • Exterior Aesthetics

Votes: 52 9.6%
  • Lighting

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • Stereo & Speakers

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Window Tint

Votes: 111 20.4%
  • Other (Please List)

Votes: 58 10.7%

• Total voters

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The shift knob. My car needed a clown nose to match its personality.

Front license plate delete and tint. 30% front, 15% back, 5% rear hatch.

FSWERKS Short shifter and Boosteddesigns solid shifter bracket bushings being installed this weekend. I’m tempted to pick up a shifter knob as well.

You guys may not count it or deem it a modification but, first thing I did is remove dealer paper plate/license plate frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sanded out the entire honeycomb grill. I hated how it just had that wall on half of it. I painted the support crash bar black so its not noticed. Eventually i'll go the deadhook crash bar route. Just want to do downpipe and exhaust first.
Me too!..Didn't like that rear plastic hindrance [thumb]

The first mod I did was the Boomba Racing symposer delete. Now the car is too quiet but the syMposer was annoying. It sounds the same at 40mph and 90mph unless it’s coming off boost decelerating.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The first mod I did was the Boomba Racing symposer delete. Now the car is too quiet but the syMposer was annoying. It sounds the same at 40mph and 90mph unless it’s coming off boost decelerating.
I simply used an expandable freeze plug. Fan of speed, but not a fan of useless cabin and/or wind noise. Makes taking/making phone calls easier except, most of the year I'm riding windows down, roof open.

In the 1st 2 weeks I did a lot. but the very 1st was the FS werks short shift kit.

shortly thereafter:
depo racing downpipe (stripped the bolts fun fun drilling that out)
depo racing intercooler
mountune exhaust
mountune lowering springs
cobb with stratified tune (still working it out but its bad ass)
mountune symposer delete
installed homelink in the headliner
hardwired my passport
installed backup camera and front camera (cool cheap mirror overlay off amazon and I love it. does continuous record loop 3 minutes)

cant think of anything else right off hand but have a K&N intake coming hopefully friday and will install this weekend

First "mod" was appearance, since I have the black wheels, I opted to go with McGard black lug nuts and also went with black center caps on the wheels...makes the wheels look soooo much better than the chrome lugs and BLUE center caps. First "performance mod" was K&N drop-in filter which I thought I could hear the turbo whoosh but not really since the sound symposer is still on the car, which I kinda like. [biggrin]

In the 2.5 weeks of ownership I’ve done the following:
Mountune rear engine mount
Mountune intake filter
Cobb Accessport with Mountune tune
Fswerks short shifter + bushings
Rally Armor mud flaps
Hitch mount
Cobb poly exhaust hangers
Mountune shift knob
Leather shift boot + leather arm rest
Ebrake handle insert
Dead pedal
Sparco Terra 15x7 wheels 40mm offset
16.7 lbs each
Michelin x-ice x13
Tpms sensors

First mod was dedicated brake pads and rotors. Carbotech XP10s in the front and XP8s in the rear.

Just installed my first wave of mods:
  1. cp-e intercooler
  2. Mountune RMM
  3. Mountune symposer delete
  4. Mountune short shift
  5. Mountune shift knob
  6. Whoosh under hood shifter bushings
  7. Mountune high flow filter
  8. Accessport with Cobb stage 1, custom revisions to come from Randy at Mountune.
I definitely feel the power difference and I love it. Can't wait to dial in the tune.

I love how much shorter the throw is, but I need to get used to the shifter feel after 10 months of stock sensations. The stick movement feels a little mushy, rather than notchy, and engagement in some of the positions is less positive feeling than before. Feels like it's not quite getting there. It doesn't "drop into" position the way it did before, but it doesn't pop out either, so I probably just need time to adjust psychologically.

That was it for my 2019 mod budget. Next year will be wheels, tires, and coilovers.