Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recommendations for an open face helmet?

Anyone have some recommendations for an open face helmet for mostly autocross use? Hate having to rely on spares at the events.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think that's a question of how much you wanna spend mostly... Anything dot would be fine for autocross to me. Maybe snell if you found one for a good price. But really, your in a car with 6 airbags? And not going crazy insane fast... I'd bet any old helmet would do. Of course, more money prob means a more friendly and comfy fit.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I bought a snell open face for $6 at a goodwill store for my drag strip events,'lol. Its 0 to 105mph for 13sec in a controlled area, lol, do I really need a helmet for that? Let alone a good one? Lol

Zissou

Anyone have some recommendations for an open face helmet for mostly autocross use? Hate having to rely on spares at the events.
I vote Bell 500 because of classic beauty. Plus if you get a caf? racer it will look the business.

No clue what they would be like in a car though. In the 2-wheel world we stray away from used helmets (risk of it being damaged on the inside from a drop + newer technology = better), however in the steel cage it's probably not that big of a deal.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Use a watermelon....hollow it out and cut off the front....and shaaazam....helmet made and hunger cured at the same time.

terrysil

I use a G Force open faced helmet, have for years. SCCA requires that you have the latest Snell Rating (SA2010, OR SA2015) ,
here is link to SCCA:

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_file...8/2015_Solo_helmet_cert_decals.pdf?1432652723

i prefer the open faced helmet for vision reasons. I get claustrophobic with a closed faced helmet. Just my personal preference ( plus the open faced is less expensive)