Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fist sized hail in Italy today.....

PhoenixM3

Fortunately, the FiST and the Shelby were parked safely in the garage. The Opel wasn't so fortunate. I count about a dozen dents in my that shit-mobile. Funnier still is when I ran outside before the big stuff starting coming down to have nature's gift to chill my bloody mary.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Glad the fist and shelby was safe.

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #5
God knew you needed ice.
Don't I know it. Italy isn't big on ice in the first place, so having it fall from the sky was a mixed blessing. Two coworkers were caught in the maelstrom and one had both the front and rear windshield destroyed. There were several cars parked alongside the roadway because the glass was completely destroyed. A lot of older smaller cars weren't equipped with laminated safety glass. Pretty brutal.

Like your nickname for the Shelby, that's a true representation of what the gas pedal feels like on a 13' GT500.

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #7
Like your nickname for the Shelby, that's a true representation of what the gas pedal feels like on a 13' GT500.
You Sir, have excellent taste in American automobiles! I only have 3650 miles on the Shelby, and it is basically stock w/ exception of FRPP springs. I really want some BMR stuff for the rear, but it ain't in the budget until Winter.....

Yes, I agree, they are both very cool cars, got 9000 on the GT500, the FiST is my daily, it's a great driving setup. The BMR stuff mainly helps with wheel hop and thrust angle. As you know, it's very hard not to kick the rear end out on the GT500 during low gear hard throttle.....my wife hates it when that happens, ha! Glad to hear that the cars were protected during the storm.

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #9
Yes, I agree, they are both very cool cars, got 9000 on the GT500, the FiST is my daily, it's a great driving setup. The BMR stuff mainly helps with wheel hop and thrust angle. As you know, it's very hard not to kick the rear end out on the GT500 during low gear hard throttle.....my wife hates it when that happens, ha! Glad to hear that the cars were protected during the storm.
Agreed on the steer by the rear under heavy throttle situations. I've had one "code brown" moment with the Shelby and I've learned right foot restraint until I can get the car to track straight under power. I know that I have little reservation in tossing the FiST into a corner, but the Shelby doesn't inspire confidence (I'm a chicken shit really) when my over-riding concern is wrecking the damn thing. The FiST is just a blast and it makes me feel 20 years younger just driving it.

One of the items on my bucket list is to fly into Barcelona, rent a really nice car like a Ferrari, and then drive to Rome, stopping in Montpellier, Marseille, Nice, Genoa, and Florence on the way.

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #11
One of the items on my bucket list is to fly into Barcelona, rent a really nice car like a Ferrari, and then drive to Rome, stopping in Montpellier, Marseille, Nice, Genoa, and Florence on the way.
There are places you can rent exotics for short duration drives (even tracks) but it would be very pricey to find a place to rent one for a week or more...