Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cmbuildz Injen intake cold air adapter

Trader history for CMbuildz Racing (0)

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #43
I'm order one and try it
Hey guys sorry haven't updated in a while .... Haven't been able to make it to the dyno ... Been really busy with other projects. As far as horsepower gains ... The car definitely feels stronger and more responsive after multiple pulls. Just don't currently have hard evidence. Pm me if you would like to order I currently have 2 in stock ready to ship [MENTION=3484]2006ser[/MENTION]

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #44
ok guys finally got some hard evidence tonight. Just got back for dyno at my good friends over at KTmotoring in canoga park. Well Im very please to announce my intake adapter test was a success. My fiesta st on a dyno dynamics made 180.2 fwhp with my intake adapter. then under same conditions swapped out and put the injen heat shield back and the filter in the normal location and dyno 176.2 . So my intake is good for +4 fwhp. you may say eh its only 4 hp but remember every HP counts. these numbers are uncorrected, remember dyno dynamics is know as the "heartbreak dyno" usually add 16% to the HP number
CORRECTED HP
210 FWHP
263 TRQ

this graph shows how much power im making over stock on OTS cobb stage 3 91 octane

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
As much as I like the idea, I too am concerned about sucking in water. In Houston, when it rains, it pours - where it sits, it can easily get soaked with rainwater.

I would probably pick this up if I had an Injen intake. So when I pick up an intake I will definitely pick one up.

FistSt215

Might being interested too since I'm tired of the heat soak. Simple plug and play and getting filter wrap that would protect the water from any water sucking in the filter ? Living in Philadelphia it rains a lot

FistSt215

Just order the injen adapter and I also order the injen hydro shield for extra protection . This gotta be a better option and tired of injen heat soaked lol

FistSt215

As much as I like the idea, I too am concerned about sucking in water. In Houston, when it rains, it pours - where it sits, it can easily get soaked with rainwater.
Order a injen hydro shield . That's what I just order for 19.79 shipped from autoanything.com to pair it up with CMbuildz adapter .

FistSt215

Ok got home from work and did the adapter installed . It was a breeze piece of cake . The only issue I had was the elbow going into the injen intake itself . It's a little tricky I got it in there as tight as I can . Both t-bolt clamps tighten as much as possible . Haven't log it yet but I did do a log driving home without the adapter . The intake is definitely louder and you can here the stock valve pretty loud loving it for just backing out of the driveway and parking the car in the street .
Image1466707010.605904.jpg Image1466707022.797656.jpg Image1466707036.033063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
... Also these pics are with the lower air dam removed...
LOWER AIR DAM?! You have a lower air dam.....As you can see from [MENTION=1569]FistSt215[/MENTION] pics, we see straight to the asphalt from the engine bay. Nothing is covering the bottom of the drive train. Did you get is off a SE or Titanium? Last i heard that didn't fit.

I would still buy an Injen just to use your adapter. There isn't any other true cold air design available. A cone on a stick in a overpriced box does not make it "cold". I had just about given up & bought an SRI for cheap then remembered this thread! Getting the cone as far out of the engine bay as "safely" possible will yield more of a drop in temps. This is the first car i've seen where the aftermarket keeps the cone IN the engine bay, puts it in a box, and then calls it cold air...? More like an encased short ram. My speed3 Injen was in the fender well. All of my VWs (4 of them) were in that location as well. From 2001 to today, none of them hydrolocked.

People that hydrolock aren't paying attention. Why would you run your car over water deep enough to submerge half your wheel? That's the "risk" your taking. That's the only way to hydrolock. Roadway mist isn't gonna do it. And with the cone condom, even less of a chance. And if we had an air dam/belly pan, no chance. I would buy it all now except i see your building something new. I'll wait and see where that goes :)

Hey FistSt215, our cars are becoming....like....parts cousins or somethin. At least on the intake side of things ;)

FistSt215

LOWER AIR DAM?! You have a lower air dam.....As you can see from [MENTION=1569]FistSt215[/MENTION] pics, we see straight to the asphalt from the engine bay. Nothing is covering the bottom of the drive train. Did you get is off a SE or Titanium? Last i heard that didn't fit.

I would still buy an Injen just to use your adapter. There isn't any other true cold air design available. A cone on a stick in a overpriced box does not make it "cold". I had just about given up & bought an SRI for cheap then remembered this thread! Getting the cone as far out of the engine bay as "safely" possible will yield more of a drop in temps. This is the first car i've seen where the aftermarket keeps the cone IN the engine bay, puts it in a box, and then calls it cold air...? More like an encased short ram. My speed3 Injen was in the fender well. All of my VWs (4 of them) were in that location as well. From 2001 to today, none of them hydrolocked.

People that hydrolock aren't paying attention. Why would you run your car over water deep enough to submerge half your wheel? That's the "risk" your taking. That's the only way to hydrolock. Roadway mist isn't gonna do it. And with the cone condom, even less of a chance. And if we had an air dam/belly pan, no chance. I would buy it all now except i see your building something new. I'll wait and see where that goes :)

Hey FistSt215, our cars are becoming....like....parts cousins or somethin. At least on the intake side of things ;)
Hahaha for real man lol . It's the easiest mod I've ever done for the adapter . It's little tricky when you're installing it but it's easy . The car drives so much better imo and don't feel sluggish well unless it's 90 plus out but it's gonna be 99 degrees Friday lol.