Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cmbuildz Injen intake cold air adapter

Trader history for CMbuildz Racing (0)

What's up guys I'm releasing my cold air intake option for all the fiesta members with a Injen intake. We all know how bad ambient temps get with the Injen intake.. Well I'm come up with a solution. By utilizing a 90 degree coupler and my adapter the filter gets place right above the cold pipe. My adapter also utilizes one of the factory rubber grommets to assure no rattling. Here's The break down

WARNING using the cmbuildz adapter may result in a louder induction and stock diverter valve noise... Shhhhhhppppppssshhhhh [emoji23]

Kit includes
-6061 intake adapter
-factory mounting location
-tig welded brackets
-1x 90 degree coupler
-2x t bolt clamps

$60 shipped to all US residents

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
This looks pretty bad ass. I'd be up for some data logging to see the before and after intake temps. Also some dyno results to ultimately see if it makes any additional power.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #3
This looks pretty bad ass. I'd be up for some data logging to see the before and after intake temps. Also some dyno results to ultimately see if it makes any additional power.
Yes info on it to come ... Try to get some dyno time in next week ... So far I have some snapshots ... But need hard evidence this was today in 100+ degree weather to 15 mins from each other

That long length of metal piping though. Nice idea, but I'm skeptical of measurable results.
Agreed. Also not worth the added risk of sucking water into your intake. Say what you want about that, but I've had 5+ cars roll through the shop in the last month that were hydro locked due to cold air intakes that run down like this or in the fender well. And every time you hear, "what do you mean this isn't covered under warranty?!"

2006ser

It's a risk people are willing to take I had a aem intake on my s2000 that ran all the way down never had a problem up when I lived in northern Cali.. If it yields a little more power and temps are cooler this is a nice solution. And for whoever is worry about hydro locking they sell those little condoms that cover the filter..

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #9
Agreed. Also not worth the added risk of sucking water into your intake. Say what you want about that, but I've had 5+ cars roll through the shop in the last month that were hydro locked due to cold air intakes that run down like this or in the fender well. And every time you hear, "what do you mean this isn't covered under warranty?!"
Unless you go swimming often with your fiesta, the filter sits right above the cold pipe... I can't see water being a issue ... Also these pics are with the lower air dam removed...

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #10
Seriously whoever wants to make the trip out to my shop in Simi Valley 93065 I'm willing to give one for free to show it's a night and day difference

Night and day difference in what way, and in what measure? These are serious questions. I'm all for shinies and whatnot, but I don't see the benefit of lengthening a heat sink even further.

Unless you go swimming often with your fiesta, the filter sits right above the cold pipe... I can't see water being a issue ... Also these pics are with the lower air dam removed...
The roads here aren't necessarily the best design for filtering water off the roadway, so any time it rains it's a continuous puddle along the edges of your lane. Saying that, I don't mean to discount your product because the craftsmanship looks absolutely fantastic, and I'm all for more vendors pumping out quality products.

Yes info on it to come ... Try to get some dyno time in next week ... So far I have some snapshots ... But need hard evidence this was today in 100+ degree weather to 15 mins from each other

Definitely interested to see some real world data. I would like to see the difference in charge air temperature with and without this extension. As it sits, with my Injen intake, Cobb intercooler and charge pipes, my charge air temps average about 8-12 degrees hotter than the ambient air outside. Yesterday it was 106 degrees in Central California and my cruising charge air temp was hovering around 117. I could do some real world testing for you if you'd like, on and off the race track too.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #14
Definitely interested to see some real world data. I would like to see the difference in charge air temperature with and without this extension. As it sits, with my Injen intake, Cobb intercooler and charge pipes, my charge air temps average about 8-12 degrees hotter than the ambient air outside. Yesterday it was 106 degrees in Central California and my cruising charge air temp was hovering around 117. I could do some real world testing for you if you'd like, on and off the race track too.
That's sounds great man... Pm me I can shoot you my address ... I will be there tomorrow at 930ish AM

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #15
The roads here aren't necessarily the best design for filtering water off the roadway, so any time it rains it's a continuous puddle along the edges of your lane. Saying that, I don't mean to discount your product because the craftsmanship looks absolutely fantastic, and I'm all for more vendors pumping out quality products.
It's no biggie man, it's something that defiantly needed to be asked ... Thanks [emoji4]

Yeah, the roads here in NC are bad for standing water for some reason. Idk if I'd be willing to risk it myself, but it looks like a fine product.

Edit: I'm curious what the data logs say, this may be good for a track car.

2006ser

Wher is semi valley how far are you from Visalia? Are you willing to ship I'll pay for shipping