Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

UPS brokerage fees Mishimoto OCC

Well this is the first and last time I'm buying from a vendor in the US with shipping through UPS. I'm getting screwed on brokerage fees. $24.51 for a $45 drain kit and $68.24 for the OCC. Garbage. Buyer beware. Thank god my first purchase wasn't an exhaust system.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I hear ya. Usually its not to bad via uspus but ups really sucks. I figured it would be less but last time I Don't use a border shipping service like cbi.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #3
Well it sucks that mishi only offers delivery through UPS. Having paid $25 in shipping then $24 in brokerage and taxes this is the most expensive hose + petcock

KKaWing

Shipping to Canada is best done through USPS. If it has to be a courier, I found DHL is the "fairest". I think they're tiered so you don't pay a crazy fee on top of the tax.

Well this is the first and last time I'm buying from a vendor in the US with shipping through UPS. I'm getting screwed on brokerage fees. $24.51 for a $45 drain kit and $68.24 for the OCC. Garbage. Buyer beware. Thank god my first purchase wasn't an exhaust system.
All of that information is available to you on the UPS website. You can calculate it all before you purchase so that you aren't surprised. Brokerage is charged based on the value of goods. You'll notice that if you choose expedited shipping they don't charge brokerage and sometimes it is cheaper when you have small, lightweight goods that have a high value.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

Don't forget you will always pay HST on the Cdn value, Duty (usually 6%) based on the Cdn value of goods that aren't covered by free trade agreements, occasionally a Tariff on some goods. these are charged to you by CBSA not the courier. They are collected by the courier on their behalf and you are charged Brokerage in some/most cases to cover their customs clearance costs.

If you purchase goods in Canada and think they are "more expensive" on the face value it is because these fees have already been built into the price. With the dollar being so low it isn't a good idea to purchase any goods from the USA for the time being. Basically you should take the US value and multiply by 1.45-1.50 to get your Canadian landed price.

KKaWing

You'll notice that if you choose expedited shipping they don't charge brokerage and sometimes it is cheaper when you have small, lightweight goods that have a high value.
Hmmm gotta try that next time.

J2FoRS

Use CBI or Kinek if you live close to border. Never use UPS right into Canada. If you must ship to our side go USPS.

Well I ordered two Mishimoto OCC's for me and a friend, didn't have to pay brokerage fees. Cross my fingers they don't send me a nice big bill.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #10
Well I ordered two Mishimoto OCC's for me and a friend, didn't have to pay brokerage fees. Cross my fingers they don't send me a nice big bill.
If u got it already you should be fine. They are telling me its COD and won't hand it over unless charges are paid.
I'm getting a refund on the shipping charge because they dropped the ball.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #11
Use CBI or Kinek if you live close to border. Never use UPS right into Canada. If you must ship to our side go USPS.
Ya driving to the border and picking up isn't an option for me, time and money wise its too expensive. If I had an option I would've used anyone else other than ups

If u got it already you should be fine. They are telling me its COD and won't hand it over unless charges are paid.
I'm getting a refund on the shipping charge because they dropped the ball.
I've gotten refunds on shipping now from a few vendors (not all car related). They charge me for shipping, and then I get slammed with ridiculous UPS brokerage charges. They usually have no idea how much UPS is charging, so it is good to tell them.

On my most recent one I ordered a 75$ CAD item.... paid 6$ in shipping. No mention the item was coming from the US by them. When it arrived I was shocked to see that UPS overcharged me tax on 102$ CAD item and added a massive brokerage charge. By the time it reached my doorstep I had paid out 130$ CAD. I contacted the vendor and they refunded all of the COD, plus gave me 20% off the item for the hassle.

UPS is running themselves out of business, I refuse to buy anything from the US unless the seller uses USPS