Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 115 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 160 52.5%
  • May purchase before warranty expires

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters

AzNightmare

Nope. Even though I plan to drive this car to the ground, I also planned to mod and void the warranty within the first 90 days...
LOL, accessport at the 1800 mile mark.

I did, since it's an ST200 and 5 years of warranty will give me a better price IF I decide to sell the car. I don't think I will ever want to, I'd like to keep it as a collecters item. But there might be a time that I would have to sell it, since kids and a house are a probability in the near future. I'm still young and don't have huge financial reserves, so if me and my SO decide to get kids somewhere in the near future I might have to part with it.

It didn't cost much as well :) 600 euro's for three extra years is kinda awesome, considering the cost saving on certain materials on the Fiesta ST.

caliboy15

1 bnew axle + 1 bnew transmission. Is it wort it? Hell yes! I paid $1200 for it and I still have 30k miles left on my warranty. There will be more repairs for sure.lol I know because its a Ford Fiesta

I have stage 3 parts btw and no problem with warranty

Dealer wanted to tack on $3100 for the warranty, probably saw a girl walk in and thought they had a sucker, so it was a No.

Just out of curiosity, what are people paying after the fact for the warranty and how does that work?

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I did not. After going back-and-forth with each other over GAP insurance, he barely tried to sell me an extended warranty lol.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I try to diagnose and repair most things myself and... if I thought I'd need an extended warranty, I would've went with a different manufacturer. I am stock and will stay that way. Past bad experiences with service techs doesn't help either.

I got it.
8 year (so additional 5 years) bumper to bumper. Only difference from original warranty is that this has a $100 deductible.
Plan on keeping the car a looong time, figured it was worth it with all the expensive electronics nowadays.
It's $20 a month more on my payment. So at 72 months it cost $1440. The car loan is at 0% interest which saved $2300, so I basically got it for free with about $900 left over.

I don't keep my vehicles long enough to justify one, usually 3-4 years. I also work for Ford so getting parts at a discount isn't an issue either.

They are good if you plan on keeping the vehicle just be sure to read the coverage on what you buy. The other thing to remember is always negotiate the price, it's not hard to talk them down $500-800 or more and that may be the tipping point for some.

Another important item, is to be sure you are purchasing a real Ford extended Warranty, not some fugaze made up one, you should receive real Ford paperwork in this regard..

If you're a DIYer, don't go car shopping with your wife if she isn't a DIYer. Luckily, I've already used it twice, but it was on stuff I would've been able to do myself.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Ha. It's still going! I have a very slight leak on the head gasket but its very slow.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Keep a sharp eye on coolant consumption.
The coolant can damage your catalytic converter - https://static3.bigstockphoto.com/8/6/1/large2/168142592.jpg
Damage your Oxygen sensor - http://www.lambdasensor.com/main/mfaults.htm
Crack the engine head... or a crack in the cylinder head may already be the source of coolant loss or contamination.

Keep a sharp eye on coolant consumption.
The coolant can damage your catalytic converter - https://static3.bigstockphoto.com/8/6/1/large2/168142592.jpg
Damage your Oxygen sensor - http://www.lambdasensor.com/main/mfaults.htm
Crack the engine head... or a crack in the cylinder head may already be the source of coolant loss or contamination.
Thanks, I've heard of the recall on our motors regarding the cracked head/coolant loss. I'll keep an eye on it/look into replacing the gasket once spring comes.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk