Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 115 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 160 52.5%
  • May purchase before warranty expires

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got mine after the 36 month, 36,000 miles were up. I paid $3,999 for mine and I'm covered up to 125,000 except for tyres and battery. I'm glad I got it as it already saved me over $2,200 in parts and labour. You don't need it yet if it's a 2019 car. I just wanted to be safer than sorry.

I got mine after the 36 month, 36,000 miles were up. I paid $3,999 for mine and I'm covered up to 125,000 except for tyres and battery. I'm glad I got it as it already saved me over $2,200 in parts and labour. You don't need it yet if it's a 2019 car. I just wanted to be safer than sorry.
It has saved you $2200 as in you would have had $6200 in parts and labor? Did you blow a motor or something?

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Let me get this straight someone paid $4,000 for an extended warranty on a cheap car you are a fool.
That's 20% of the value of this vehicle brand new.
Financial literacy is a huge passion of mine.
You could have took $4,000 and put it into a online savings account before the whole covid-19 you could have been earning 2% interest. Compound interest is a wonderful thing.
Most people also finance the extended warranty so they pay even more for them.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I paid cash for it. I could well afford it which is why I chose to get it. So if I have any expensive repairs in the next 30,000 miles, I'm covered, so I can sleep easy at night. Is expense the main thing that owners are complaining of because they can't afford to fix their cars? You do your thing, I'll do mine.
It has saved you $2200 as in you would have had $6200 in parts and labor? Did you blow a motor or something?

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
NO! The $2,200 is what I would have had to pay for the repairs had I not got the warranty. So currently, I'm only $1,800 out of pocket but I still have 30,000 miles left on my mileage before the warranty runs out.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Anyone buying an extended warranty on a new car and financing it got taken by the closer. If I were buying a car that has a poor reliability record I may think about it when the factory warranty runs out. But on our FiST.....not hardly! And if you have "mods" unless you found a very "special" deal any engine performance mods will wipe out your coverage on the engine if the warranty holder finds out. Read the fine print before buying if you feel you have to have it. In almost all cases suspension will not be covered if modded, engine and tranny coverage will be gone with performance mods if they find out. But the bright side is your blend door will be covered! Ford Extended warranty will do monthly payments if you buy at the end of your factory warranty and it uses Ford parts. So why would you pay finance charges for 3 years before you can even use it? As to saving money in this example you pay $4K and get $2K in repairs, how did that "save" money? They spent YOUR $2000 on the repairs that you could have been earning interest on. What a deal! Like all things in the FiST world choices are made and what one sees as a good choice others under differing circumstances will see as a bad choice. We are still at this point a free country, do what what makes you happy!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The warranty meant that I didn't have to pay money for repairs out of my pocket as they were already covered. As a retiree, I think it was a good decision. Would anyone want to pay a $1,500 bill from their pocket in these hard times? Then get another bill for over $700 a few weeks later? How many repairs have you or anyone else had to pay out for that you had NOT planned for? What interest? The banks pay you nothing so that argument goes out of the window! Luckily, we're in a better position now than when we were both working, so I feel sorry for those that have lost their jobs and will still be paying for their cars! I think we'll be seeing quite a few up for sale.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
As I mentioned before online savings accounts were paying over 2% interest before the economy dropped right now you can still fine about 1.2%.

Whatever the warranty cost you put that money aside to potentially pay for the repairs if they happen. I don't care what you do your choice. I don't agree with it and I would never recommend one.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Let's see how this pans out and who ends up with big bills! By the way, who else got the recall notice for the pawl spring tab? First recall in nearly 6 years. Pretty good record for this car!

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
"and financing it got taken by the closer" I took out the extended warranty after the 3yrs period, by which time my car was paid for. Also, I did not get 'taken' by the closer.

I decided not to because all my prior research told me the car was pretty reliable. If I had gotten a FoST, I might have sprung for the extended warranty to be honest.

Here's what's funny though; my wife came with me and we agreed on every detail except one; the dealer sold her on the "serial window etching" and that was like an extra 500 or 1k or something :oops: I was shocked because she doesn't usually budge on "extras" but whatever. Also should have reconsidered getting Recaros instead of nav, but the cloth seats are actually very comfy on the daily and I actually do use the nav quite a bit. And I love Mag Grey but shoulda got Tuxedo Black.

I just bought one from Ford 2 days before my factory warranty expired. I average about 6000 miles a year on my FiST (it is one of several vehicles) and I got coverage to 60,000 miles. It cost about $1,500 and I can pay it for $54 a month with no interest. Once I decided to keep the car long term, it gives me peace of mind.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Let me get this straight someone paid $4,000 for an extended warranty on a cheap car you are a fool.
That's 20% of the value of this vehicle brand new.
Financial literacy is a huge passion of mine.
You could have took $4,000 and put it into a online savings account before the whole covid-19 you could have been earning 2% interest. Compound interest is a wonderful thing.
Most people also finance the extended warranty so they pay even more for them.
DISCLAIMER: not being mean, just pointing out a few things. I am not a professional, but I play one on TV and slept at a Holi....

Before I begin....savings account? Really? Money market at a minimum for the average Joe or Jane. Mutual Funds are the next step up. You can easily get higher returns, even for novices. Then there are stocks; the long term investment. And real estate.

Back to the point...grammatical literacy is my passion....lol Again, I'm not perfect, but I do notice glaring mistakes. (even my own...) You called rallytaff a fool. Really? Deficient in personal finance knowledge? Sure. Financially uninformed or ignorant? Sure.

Could I say you are a fool when it comes to your grammar? I will not, sir. We all need improvement and lack the skills to craft clear, concise sentences and paragraphs. We type in shorthand, especially me! Guilty. But I could not pass up on your post.

INSTEAD OF WRITE THIS
savings account money market account
this straight someone this straight. You
You could have took You could have TAKEN the $4,000
and put it into a online and put into AN online
Most people also finance In addition, most finance
covid-19 you could Covid-19 event. You could
cheap car you are cheap car? You sir, are

With a few more modifications on the fly, you end up with this:

Let me get this straight, rallytaff. You paid $4,000 for an extended warranty on an inexpensive car that you cannot begin to use for three years? $4,000 is approximately 20% of the vehicle's value when new.

Financial literacy is a huge passion of mine and you sir, are in desperate need of Personal Finance training. You could have placed that $4,000 into a money market account before the whole covid-19 event. You would have earned approximately 2% interest, compounded daily. Compound interest is a wonderful thing! Look that up.

In addition, most finance the extended warranty and that increase the total cost of the warranty. However, if it is financed, most wouldn't have the $4,000 to put into a money market account to begin with. In those cases, my point is irrelevant.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
DISCLAIMER: not being mean, just pointing out a few things. I am not a professional, but I play one on TV and slept at a Holi....

Before I begin....savings account? Really? Money market at a minimum for the average Joe or Jane. Mutual Funds are the next step up. You can easily get higher returns, even for novices. Then there are stocks; the long term investment. And real estate.

Back to the point...grammatical literacy is my passion....lol Again, I'm not perfect, but I do notice glaring mistakes. (even my own...) You called rallytaff a fool. Really? Deficient in personal finance knowledge? Sure. Financially uninformed or ignorant? Sure.

Could I say you are a fool when it comes to your grammar? I will not, sir. We all need improvement and lack the skills to craft clear, concise sentences and paragraphs. We type in shorthand, especially me! Guilty. But I could not pass up on your post.

INSTEAD OF WRITE THIS

Let me get this straight, rallytaff. You paid $4,000 for an extended warranty on an inexpensive car that you cannot begin to use for three years? $4,000 is approximately 20% of the vehicle's value when new.

Financial literacy is a huge passion of mine and you sir, are in desperate need of Personal Finance training. You could have placed that $4,000 into a money market account before the whole covid-19 event. You would have earned approximately 2% interest, compounded daily. Compound interest is a wonderful thing! Look that up.

In addition, most finance the extended warranty and that increase the total cost of the warranty. However, if it is financed, most wouldn't have the $4,000 to put into a money market account to begin with. In those cases, my point is irrelevant.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I do have a learning disability called dysgraphia thank you for reminding me sir.

Is my grammar the best absolutely not. Is it better than 51% of the population yes.

Also I have several retirement accounts. I absolutely love Clark Howard a financial and consumer advocate for over 30 years. He recommends that people that may need the money within a few years put it in a online savings account. He recommends picking one with the best interest rate available.

Have a wonderful night.

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
"and financing it got taken by the closer" I took out the extended warranty after the 3yrs period, by which time my car was paid for. Also, I did not get 'taken' by the closer.
I'm curious....did you tell Ford about your mods? As I understand it they would not cover most of your car with the extended Ford warranty or any 3rd party after market quotes I got.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

INSTEAD OF WRITE THIS

A-----hole!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Well I do have a learning disability called dysgraphia thank you for reminding me sir.
Is my grammar the best absolutely not. Is it better than 51% of the population yes.
Thank you for mentioning that. I don't remember hearing that term/condition before. I just looked it up. Wow, that is an interesting condition. I like to look up things I'm not aware of, although I read so much, I forget half of it the next day. Okay, later that night.

I don't remember the term for this after I looked it up, but there is one: some people can remember numbers, facts and figures more than words. Then others can remember words, but not facts and figures. I fall into the first category. That's why I have one hell of a time remembering lyrics. It is frustrating. Oddly enough, I was an excellent speller! That is why some people can remember every joke they were told and others like me, can't remember them.

Well, I bought the extended warranty and the only thing that went wrong after the factory warranty was the struts for the hatch. Axle seals started leaking but they weren’t covered. I shouldn’t have bought it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Well, I bought the extended warranty and the only thing that went wrong after the factory warranty was the struts for the hatch. Axle seals started leaking but they weren’t covered. I shouldn’t have bought it.
Ford and third party providers count on most never recovering their money. Never bought one and never had a failure that would have been covered. I have MP-215 on my FiST and is considered a "mod" by all providers but actual Ford Extended Warranty since it was registered. So drive train problems would be excluded and many will not even sell it to me after the question of "mods" comes up. Idiots sell them...had one phone sales fool tell me the Fiesta has severe problems with the ECM as it is located INSIDE the engine and requires the engine be replaced to change it! Yet none of them seem to know about the auto transmission problems. Snake oil salesmen!

Ford and third party providers count on most never recovering their money. Never bought one and never had a failure that would have been covered. I have MP-215 on my FiST and is considered a "mod" by all providers but actual Ford Extended Warranty since it was registered. So drive train problems would be excluded and many will not even sell it to me after the question of "mods" comes up. Idiots sell them...had one phone sales fool tell me the Fiesta has severe problems with the ECM as it is located INSIDE the engine and requires the engine be replaced to change it! Yet none of them seem to know about the auto transmission problems. Snake oil salesmen!
Customer: Where in the engine is the ECU?

Salesman: In the cylinder! Tucked in the corner right next to the spark plug!