Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quad Tip, Dual Exhaust

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I love the look of quad tips on a car they belong on and serve a purpose or at least a car with dual exhaust, even single if it was a real need but on the ST, just for looks, nah!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
It could definitely be done to look good, our rear valance is wider and has the exhaust tip spaced further outboard than the other Fiesta shown. As long as the tips weren't too large and the valance was cut properly it should look pretty good.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
That Borla photoshop is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Definitely looks great. Kind of WRX on a slightly narrower scale.

J2FoRS

Heres a quick photoshop. I used the first decent looking rear shot from google, looks like its probably borla's. I just copied the 2 tips and moved them over/reversed them.
Ya this looks pretty good. I mean it's not as well done as mine. But you did okay :p
I actually don't mind the look. I agree with dyno 85 very WRXesque. But if it doesn't help except for looks I wouldn't spend the time, trouble or money to do it. And your def committed to it after that, no going back to stock with a cut bumper. But looks cool!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
It's not difficult at all, it's just plastic. So long as someone is careful and take their time it can be done in very short time. There would need to be touch-up paint for the cut, but given the angle and placement it would be difficult to see if there were any imperfections.

I cut the access for the tips on my Mk3 Focus and no one could tell. Granted, it was painted black instead of MO, but even with the color it would be difficult to discern from any 'normal' perspective. It's very simple to do.

Edit: A slightly closer and maybe better pic of at least one side.

Edit to the edit: The pic isn't much better but I don't have much else that's close. Meh. The task is still easy.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
4cyl with dual exhaust tips is pointless
That's debatable. Old Toyota MR2 Turbo looked and worked great with the "Camaro" type rear exhaust design. Stylingwise I think it balances things out as long as the rear valance and tips are done right. [:p]

EDIT: Having dual outlet exhaust also looked great on my MS3 "Genpoo" but it wouldn't have looked right with twin tips on both sides. ONE single 4" tip on each side looks great on that car but there was no (easy) way to do that with the valance on that particular car. Ultimate Racing catback exhaust. Too bad their FiST exhaust system is so damn FUGLY. LOL

Attachments

dyn085

2000 Post Club
That's debatable. Old Toyota MR2 Turbo looked and worked great with the "Camaro" type rear exhaust design. Stylingwise I think it balances things out as long as the rear valance and tips are done right. [[emoji14]]
^ Exactly this.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Ya this looks pretty good. I mean it's not as well done as mine. But you did okay :p
I actually don't mind the look. I agree with dyno 85 very WRXesque. But if it doesn't help except for looks I wouldn't spend the time, trouble or money to do it. And your def committed to it after that, no going back to stock with a cut bumper. But looks cool!
I would even if it were just for looks. I think that looks GREAT. I did something similiar to my Focus SVT and it turned out better than I had imagined (although I only used single tips on each side and it was full functional). I love the rear valance of the FiST as is but if there was a way to duplicate the left side I would be all over that like flies on a turd (laughs). Unfortunately the way the gas tank is designed along with the spare tire "tub" would make it very challenging to pull off *IF* the left (driver side) tips would be functional. I wouldn't do it unless it was functional.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
That's debatable. Old Toyota MR2 Turbo looked and worked great with the "Camaro" type rear exhaust design. Stylingwise I think it balances things out as long as the rear valance and tips are done right. [:p]

EDIT: Having dual outlet exhaust also looked great on my MS3 "Genpoo" but it wouldn't have looked right with twin tips on both sides. ONE single 4" tip on each side looks great on that car but there was no (easy) way to do that with the valance on that particular car. Ultimate Racing catback exhaust. Too bad their FiST exhaust system is so damn FUGLY. LOL
Yeah looks cool on mr2 I admit. Best option for performance would probably be just a single tip out the middle. Saves weight. In the end it doesn't really matter because most of us are not race car drivers. I just like to pretend :p

J2FoRS

Yeah looks cool on mr2 I admit. Best option for performance would probably be just a single tip out the middle. Saves weight. In the end it doesn't really matter because most of us are not race car drivers. I just like to pretend :p
Haha yes.
I actually like the Focus ST center exit dual tip. We could pull that look off.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club

When done right they can look good and factory to boot and sounds pretty good too. ;) Not sure they would be able to get them routed around all the junk that hangs out the back of our NA cars as we have the vent canasiter to deal with too but where there is a will there is a way and any amount of money can fix the problem ;)

OP
R
Thread Starter #39
So this went from me wanting to see it, to being convinced it was a bad idea, and after that really nice photoshop I am back to considering how good it would look. Damn you all. Lol.