Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quad Tip, Dual Exhaust

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cool,
20 lbs in wheels/tires is very significant!

100 lbs in an ex is likely for the better in the end, having kids and then an ex....sucks for a very long time and takes a great deal away from having car funds, I did it twice, how dumb was that!

My daughters friend has had over 3,000 beers, likely 3,500 or more by now...and makes some of the best beer I ever tasted, can't wait to brew my own!

alB5

[/URL][/IMG]

saw this on IG a while back, thought I was going to do this but decided against it. Car looks menacing enough for the amount of power it has [rofl]

For those that think it does not matter put a 300 lb passenger in and see how it feels accelerating, braking, cornering...;)
On my test drive I think we went over the carrying capacity of the car and it was still a perky little beast. (Dealership guy=250lbs Hubs friend=250lbs Hubs=205lbs Me=150lbs after lunch = 855lbs) driving by myself is obviously more spritely but I kinda doubt 1-2lbs of exhaust would make a huge difference to me.
However I'm sure much better drivers than I could tell a difference. Hubs friend can for sure.

For note I wanted to see what this would look like on my car... happy to have found this thread. Lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I get a bit extreme in my views I have to admit and I would not feel a lb or two in at least most places on a car but put a few lbs of extra tire and wheel weight I can feel that immediately.

My posts are more about the overall mod level one takes a car to for performance enhancement where it all adds up significantly when taken as a whole car concept then driven at extreme levels which few do even if they feel they are doing so. I have always been a very quick driver but never close to being a world class racer, just not in the gen pool for that so I have to build my cars to higher levels to extract the most from the car/driver package.

When I see things being done just for style, look at me points, marketing BS like a bunch of chassis braces the car never needed I like to chime in as some just do not realize what they are doings is making a remarkable car less so by adding unneeded weight. Better to spend the money on real performance.

Of course I could of been called things like excessive, obsessed, nuts, whatever, no worries to me:)

Even stock the car is incredible, wish I had left mine more that way as no longer has a purpose so just sits waiting for a new home someday.

Rick

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
FULLY agree with you Rick, (RAAMaudio, above^^^) especially on the whole very over-done brace thing regarding these cars. [wink] [thumb]
(I use a skid plate half the year, so I could not use those crazy front subframe braces even if I really wanted to. LOL )
The only 'braces' this car will ever see during my ownership will be from a fully tied-in, triangulated cage being installed, but of course at that point it is not street legal, or even street use safe anymore. [:(]

You are also 2000x correct on the whole wheel weight thing, but yes, admittedly for me, since wheel STYLE 'makes or breaks' the aesthetics of the WHOLE car, I am willing to sacrifice some mass there in order to be able to walk up to the car every day and not feel disgusted.

Of course nowadays, with the Konig Dekagrams, it IS possible to have GREAT looks AND a fairly lightweight wheel on these cars, WITHOUT having to go to the hub/PCD conversion hassle (unless one INSISTS ON 10 lb. or less wheels [nono]).

Dpro

6000 Post Club
FULLY agree with you Rick, (RAAMaudio, above^^^) especially on the whole very over-done brace thing regarding these cars. [wink]

Of course nowadays, with the Konig Dekagrams, it IS possible to have GREAT looks AND a fairly lightweight wheel on these cars, WITHOUT having to go to the hub/PCD conversion hassle (unless one INSISTS ON 10 lb. or less wheels [nono]).
Two subjects that I have gone round the horn on so to speak. Lol [hihi] [bash] Bracing, I find it interesting Mountune a company long invovled in the UK Fiesta building and modding wise only offers a brace specifically for the rear of ghe front subframe. Not a two point for the front lower control arms. In fact BMW put a front subframe brace on their M3 vs not having one on the standard 3 series.
As a friend suggested might it not be better to put uprated bushings in our control arms at the pic up points to the subframe? Would that not stiffen them up? One would think it would back in the day on our Datsun 510’s if was par for the course as well as on 240z’, 240sx’s etc.. . Now granted those were not front wheel drive but there still would be control arm flex without uprated bushings.

Now on to wheels lol ya Dekagrams are awesome unless your stuck on concavity then it seems outside of 17’s most manufacturers chose to play it safe on offsets depriving us concave wheel craving fanatics from our choice!
XXR’s are boat anchors . Rota Titans are ok at 17’lbs for 17 inch wheels and concave . Though anything in 16 is pretty much flat faced and I find that annoying . I know Form over function but I want my car to look sick and perform.

I am staring at you Konig! Making the Dekagram in a Concave face only for 4x100 was a slap in our faces! Lol

Oh and ya quad tip dual exhaust sick looking cool, functionality wise meh nothing fuctional to gain, outside of possible cool look and sound. Lol

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
FULLY agree with you Rick, (RAAMaudio, above^^^) especially on the whole very over-done brace thing regarding these cars. [wink] [thumb]
(I use a skid plate half the year, so I could not use those crazy front subframe braces even if I really wanted to. LOL ).
Rick runs a two point of his own design.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My two point was a scrap piece of 1x1 thin wall sq tubing that served as the rear mount for the full length undertray, moderate brace, inverted Gurney lip, cost was nothing, time spent about 15 minutes in design, build and install:) Bent the first one on a parking bump I did not see one night, 15 minutes and had a new one built and installed.

The head of the Ford Race Shop at then called MMP drove the car, absolutely loved it, put it on a lift, agreed with me completely it was the only brace needed and he loved the 3 way use of it. The only thing he recommended was a inverted scoop to pull air into the undertray which would pull more air through the engine bay out the back of the tray.

I have ran heavier wheels than I wanted to a few times due to rules of some organization or just to properly support the tires I needed to run for the planed use of the vehicle but never once satisfied so always looked for lighter ones and changed when or if I could.

Of course I love great looking wheels and it is OK in my book to run a bit more weight to meet ones needs in performance or looks, just not super heavy wheels or buying something for a fad instead of actually being an individual choice.

I posted often about this over the decades because so many just do not understand and some that think they do try to convince others it does not matter, etc....they are usually fan boys and not really individualized beings.