Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA: Sync software update - EA5T-14D544-AD Gen2 - V3.8

koozy

3000 Post Club
New Sync software is available. EA5T-14D544-AD Gen2 - V3.8

This is the second update that's been made available since I've had my car. It takes 30 minutes, so I recommend the update while driving as opposed to in the driveway or parked.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thanks. Never updated last time but I'll do it this time. From what I'm reading though only update is auto phone reconnection. I don't have an iPhone so don't care about the siri stuff mentioned.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
from their wording "such as" they highlight iphone stuff, but make it appear there may be some other updates as well. regardless, I like being up to date with software updates.

KKaWing

Remember to backup the wallpapers you have, this update clears it out.

MPA

just loaded the update - having Siri respond instead of the Ford Sync is really nice

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The car has to be running for this? I have to update it now that I have a 6s.

MPA

they recommend it, but it's not needed if you're battery is ok.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION]

Thanks for posting. I forgot about the ford.com registration for the Ford Sync stuff. Registered and downloading.

MPA

I did notice one weird issue - when it first came back on, the NO CD logo was shown, and stayed on the screen - powering it off didn't fix it.

I did a complete master reset and that fixed it.

Good update and glad to see Senc 2 still being supported. Siri Eyes free works very well. no stutters or hiccups. Maps does not work as Siri will tell you that you cant use it while driving. It would be nice to get App Support for Canada and health check. We Canadians always seem to get screwed when it comes to cool tech features in our cars and out lol.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Okay, so I update it and it told me to plug the USB back into my computer and uploading the selected file to let Ford no what's up to date. So I did that, but nothing popped up or told me I did it correctly.

Is that what's suppose to happen? And if everything was successfully installed can I get rid of the update on my computer??

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Okay, so I update it and it told me to plug the USB back into my computer and uploading the selected file to let Ford no what's up to date. So I did that, but nothing popped up or told me I did it correctly.

Is that what's suppose to happen? And if everything was successfully installed can I get rid of the update on my computer??
If you got to the update section of the wensite does it still say there is an update? The last step is to let the website know which version you are on. Yes you can delete it from your computer.

Hey Kip2MyLou,

You should have received a confirmation that the file was successfully uploaded. If you didn't, an alternative would be to run a Vehicle Health Report. This will update your SYNC account and also our records.

You can find the steps here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...ealth-report-with-sync-with-myford-touch.html

Whitney

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Hey Kip2MyLou,

You should have received a confirmation that the file was successfully uploaded. If you didn't, an alternative would be to run a Vehicle Health Report. This will update your SYNC account and also our records.

You can find the steps here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...ealth-report-with-sync-with-myford-touch.html

Whitney
I got a confirmation on the screen in the car but I should get one on my computer too afterwards? And I did a health report before I installed. Should I do another one now after I've installed the update?

I got a confirmation on the screen in the car but I should get one on my computer too afterwards? And I did a health report before I installed. Should I do another one now after I've installed the update?
Hey Kip2MyLou,

The vehicle places an .xml file on the USB when the update completes. You're supposed to upload that file here: http://owner.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-sa If you have issues confirming it online, you can run a Vehicle Health Report to confirm the update.

Shaay

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Hey Kip2MyLou,

The vehicle places an .xml file on the USB when the update completes. You're supposed to upload that file here: http://owner.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-sa If you have issues confirming it online, you can run a Vehicle Health Report to confirm the update.

Shaay
I kept the USB with the file in the car for the last couple of days and every time I start the car it says upload complete. So I guess it's fine. Ha. Thanks for the help though.