Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Spark plug tech

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I don't want to jump right out and blame the plugs because i'm not sure its the plugs, but I starting getting ign corrections the same time i swapped the plugs a few days ago and i was having a hard time tuning it out. After the intercooler install tonight, its still pulling timing, sometimes on less than 7psi. Almost like its load reactive. So I re-flashed a ballz deep stock stg3 93oct tune and gave it a drive and samething... Still pulling timing. I'm going back to the stock plugs tomorrow and I'll update this thread.
I went back to the stockers last night after reading and posting in this thread. If I see a reason to go colder down the road as I mod more, an exact match for our cars in a colder plug is produced and see a real need for it, via datalogs and tuning, then I will adjust accordingly.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I put the timing tables way down last night and still saw 4.00 correction on one of the cylinders. Maybe something is banging around in the motor... IDK. Def pretty annoying though. I don't want to call it the spark plugs, but nothing has drastically changed in the last couple months but the cobb drop in filter, spark plugs, and intercooler. And the issue was there 2 days before the cooler swap.

When I'm stumped, i always go back to the cobb stg3 map and it runs 6.00+ timing on all cylinders. When I did it last night, I was getting -2.50.

I do have a cv axle that's bad, but... Odd that this issue really kicked into high gear after the filter and spark plug swap..

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Spark plug tech

I put the timing tables way down last night and still saw 4.00 correction on one of the cylinders. Maybe something is banging around in the motor... IDK. Def pretty annoying though. I don't want to call it the spark plugs, but nothing has drastically changed in the last couple months but the cobb drop in filter, spark plugs, and intercooler. And the issue was there 2 days before the cooler swap.

When I'm stumped, i always go back to the cobb stg3 map and it runs 6.00+ timing on all cylinders. When I did it last night, I was getting -2.50.

I do have a cv axle that's bad, but... Odd that this issue really kicked into high gear after the filter and spark plug swap..
Hmmm, what about the temp outside change as well....it's has been a great deal colder here in FL the last few days.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The temp has changed, but that should be reducing knock if anything. We'll see on my way home today since its supposed to be about back to normal. But stage3 ots tune has NEVER saw almost any knock. Even when my car was almost stock with only the ported turbine housing/manifold ( stock turbo ), I could run the ots stg3 tune without knock. If I did get knock at 23psi back then, it was -1.00, but no more. This knock is at 3000rpm with a load.

Hmmm, what about the temp outside change as well....it's has been a great deal colder here in FL the last few days.
Ya my car has been running like crap in this cold weather. I just put a Stock stg1 tune back in it for now. All the tunes I have worked on were for temps of 75deg+ past few days we have seen low 40s

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Ya my car has been running like crap in this cold weather. I just put a Stock stg1 tune back in it for now. All the tunes I have worked on were for temps of 75deg+ past few days we have seen low 40s
I have crazy low timing right now, and even before the boost gets rolling, its at -1.50

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Hmmm... I wonder why my car hated those plugs so much. SS, did you get some bad gas maybe? Or maybe you're getting more volume than the tune allows, so it's pulling timing?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Spark plug tech

I'm wondering about the gas too...
I installed the plugs and drop in filter and made a few logs, then filled up with gas. Every since that evening I've been trying to figure something. Never got a bad tank of gas before... Maybe i made the mistake of hitting 89 or 87 oct since it was the yankee equivalent to -20 degrees outside to me, lol.

I hate pumps that don't have 3 different pumps for 3 different grades. Chances are, they person before you got 87oct. What's in the line when you start pumping 93oct? Likely 87.

Wish I didn't have to drive 30miles for eth.. Just remembered my friend with a syclone just offered to give me a few gallons cause his truck didn 't like it.. Ummm