Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PNW Chat Version 1.0

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #42
I'm bringing my FiST in to the dealership Monday for them to repair a small scratch I brought to their attention the day I purchased the car. I'm paranoid, so I'll be logging my mileage before I leave it with them. No reason for them to test drive it if its just a small scratch being repaired. If this repair goes well I'll be more likely to return to them for future business, as my wife will need a new vehicle in the coming years.

The fastest i have even gone at the track is 12.70 Your car must be a handful :) Can you still daily drive it? or is it just a toy now? and if you dont mind me asking, how much are you into it now, not including purchase? Im guessing 7-10gs.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #48
That's one Hell of a Fiesta ST, man. Really glad to see people pushing the limits of this platform and showing the world that it's something worth taking seriously.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #50
Nice! I'm jealous. My car is still in the break in period. I've only redlined it once.. (couldnt resist).

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #52
Ahh, kind of makes me feel bad for redlining it so early. I'm just over 500 miles. I suppose it's not too bad only doing it once. Other than that I havent taken it over 5500 either.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it, but i believe the owners manual says to wait 1000miles before going over 4000 ? i dunno, i was more concerned about changing oil.

I'm bringing my FiST in to the dealership Monday for them to repair a small scratch I brought to their attention the day I purchased the car...
I'm sure your dealer will take great care of you, Strife; come back and tell us how the appointment goes. How many miles are on your FiST?

Crystal

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Haha you guys are funny. I gave the fiesta hell from day 1.
^ This, a thousand times.

Everyone I know that has had issues with blow-by were all following that ridiculous break-in posted on the FiST forums. Some of the hardest miles my vehicles ever see are all done within the first 100 miles. If it doesn't break by then its usually a pretty strong motor and if it does its under warranty.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #57
I'm sure your dealer will take great care of you Strife; come back and tell us how the appointment goes. How many miles are on your FiST?

Crystal
I have about 500 miles on my FiST at the moment. However, the scratch was present on the car when it had roughly 40 miles on it.

Got the Cobb AP installed yesterday, and one of Adams tunes today. Good lordy, its amazing what you can get out of these cars stock. I am no master at reading all thats available to monitor, but I can see why upgrading the intercooler is next on the list.... One good pull and my charge air temps climb... and its only 55degrees tonight.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #59
Yeah, I've heard the same thing you're mentioning about the charge air temps climbing like that. I think I'll end up buying an intercooler and Cobb AP at the same time just to alleviate those issues right off the bat. I'm still very impressed with the power my car is giving me in stock form. I think this car is easily one of the most underrated vehicles out there. A lot of consumers in the market for things like the Scion FR-S, BR-Z, Civic Si and similar should test drive a FiST.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Got the Cobb AP installed yesterday, and one of Adams tunes today. Good lordy, its amazing what you can get out of these cars stock. I am no master at reading all thats available to monitor, but I can see why upgrading the intercooler is next on the list.... One good pull and my charge air temps climb... and its only 55degrees tonight.
To get an idea, my Cobb FMIC yields right around an eight degree CAT increase during a third-gear pull.