Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PNW Chat Version 1.0

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #62
Some idiot merged into my lane without checking yesterday, put a scratch on my side view mirror. Could have been much worse though and luckily the scratch buffed out pretty easily. He decided to pay me cash rather than deal with insurance too. So now I'm up a few hundred.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #66
Whats this I've been hearing about issues regarding temperature on a stage 1 tune? Should I be concerned?

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #68
What temperature are we talking about?
I'm honestly not even sure, I cant remember where I saw it but I think I read something about temperatures (of some kind) being a little high on the stage 1 tune. I think it was intake temps?

Yes, I realize how vague this is. Hahaha.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I'm honestly not even sure, I cant remember where I saw it but I think I read something about temperatures (of some kind) being a little high on the stage 1 tune. I think it was intake temps?

Yes, I realize how vague this is. Hahaha.
Lol

In that case, I would definitely say not to worry about it. The system has a few different temperature controls to reduce/eliminate possible issues, and the Stage 1 OTS tune is pretty safe overall. You'll see a lot of chatter and concern on the forum, but mostly from people that have no real clue as to how the system works.

Even high CAT's are basically a non-issue. Do you give up power with them? Yes. Is that instant car death (or even eventual car death)? No.

Watch your ignition corrections and do a few datalogs to get an idea of where your engine stands, but the FiST is pretty strong and I can't even recall a single failure by something other than warranty-causes (radiator issues) or stupidity (being full-boost on a meth tune when out of meth).

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Whats considered bad ignition correction? -1.00 -5.00 degrees?
In my FiST I don't tolerate any negatives. In my FoST, which is more finnicky, I'll tolerate -1.5 or so. The main concern should be what occurs after the correction, assuming it's relatively low, and what may have caused it.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #73
How would one go about correcting bad ignition correction after doing the stage 1 Cobb kit? Would this require a custom tune?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
How would one go about correcting bad ignition correction after doing the stage 1 Cobb kit? Would this require a custom tune?
Either a custom tune or through the purchase of ATR and learning to tune it yourself.

I can't think of anyone that I know actually having gotten negative corrections on the OTS tune, though. Not anyone using the correct tune and fuel, at least.

Either a custom tune or through the purchase of ATR and learning to tune it yourself.

I can't think of anyone that I know actually having gotten negative corrections on the OTS tune, though. Not anyone using the correct tune and fuel, at least.

If is email you some logs can you graph them for me? On a linux based laptop

dyn085

2000 Post Club
If is email you some logs can you graph them for me? On a linux based laptop
I can, but all I would do is upload it to Datazap.me. I rarely use graphs and mostly just read the data in Excel. But if you want to send it to me I will upload it and link you back to it. My email is dyn085@yahoo.com.