Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PNW Chat Version 1.0

Getting closer! Little more clutter to leave. And yes, i would love to have a meet n greet at the shop/house this summer, and maybe to a fun install.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Is anyone in here on the NWST/RS page on the book of faces? The FiST community doesn't seem to be well-represented here.

meFiSTo

Is anyone in here on the NWST/RS page on the book of faces? The FiST community doesn't seem to be well-represented here.
I joined, but dropped. It seemed really like a Focus ST social deal to me (and soon that will be a Focus ST/RS deal). FiSTs are the red-headed step children in the Ford performance family of cars. It was the same for the SVT Focus.

I wish that the Fiesta ST forums had been aligned with the wider Fiesta community (like the SVT Focus was with the wider Focus group back in the day). While I did meet some folks with SVTs, a bunch of folks that connected via the old Focaljet forum came with whatever Mk1 (mostly) Focus that they had and we had some nice G2Gs.

This segmenting out of the STs (and RSes) probably makes good economic sense for the forum owners, but is not optimal for individual car owners. Among other things, it isolates out a pile of potential used parts buyers (the standard Fiesta owners that want ST bits) for those of us with piles of stock bits in the garage.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I joined, but dropped. It seemed really like a Focus ST social deal to me (and soon that will be a Focus ST/RS deal). FiSTs are the red-headed step children in the Ford performance family of cars. It was the same for the SVT Focus.

I wish that the Fiesta ST forums had been aligned with the wider Fiesta community (like the SVT Focus was with the wider Focus group back in the day). While I did meet some folks with SVTs, a bunch of folks that connected via the old Focaljet forum came with whatever Mk1 (mostly) Focus that they had and we had some nice G2Gs.

This segmenting out of the STs (and RSes) probably makes good economic sense for the forum owners, but is not optimal for individual car owners. Among other things, it isolates out a pile of potential used parts buyers (the standard Fiesta owners that want ST bits) for those of us with piles of stock bits in the garage.
I see what you're saying, but at the same time, you're saying it on an ST forum instead of Fiesta Faction. I'm not a member there but they do have a (barely used) ST section. It would be like if you owned the SVT and chose to join SVTPerformance.com instead of FocalJet, as an example.

I don't really see the FiST as the red-headed stepchild, it's just not produced as much as the FoST is so the community is significantly smaller. There are some idiot FoST owners that think they're 'better' than FiST owners, but I think the overall community is better at reeling them in nowadays and acknowledging the fact that it's just not a direct comparison. And realistically, I haven't had that issue with any of the NWST/RS owners yet.

I met up with some of them this weekend at an install meet and they're just like everyone else-completely normal people from different walks of life. I had the only FiST there, but it wasn't a big deal.

I just ran through a pic-post and came across white-rhyno, lol.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #107
I'm NWST/RS and havent had any issues with the users there. Never had anyone disrespect me for owning a FiST.

meFiSTo

I'm NWST/RS and havent had any issues with the users there. Never had anyone disrespect me for owning a FiST.
I should clarify. I was never "disrespected" in the least. It just seemed to me like there was more of an emphasis on Focus ST topical content. That's all. Not much for me there. Having said that, I'm not very socially active either.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #109
I understand what you mean. I try to post some what often to help encourage other FiST owners to post. But regardless of all this, I prefer the traditional forum (like this one) for my needs. Facebook groups have no way of archiving important information, which is a huge issue. Facebook just kind of allows me to socialize with those in the area.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Yah, I'm the same way. I try to post in the FB groups in the hopes that other FiST owners won't feel 'alone', but it's definitely not where I go for knowledge.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #111
I almost feel obligated to. The Fiesta ST is such a great platform and it deserves more attention in the car enthusiast culture than it gets some times. It's been praised heavily by critics in reviews, but I want to see it become a staple in the culture.

I think it'd get even more respect than it already does if people were exposed to the modders doing big things with their cars.

Anyone have a snorkel setup worked out yet? Middle of Oregon isn't as bad as my folks out on the south coast but this storm should be a fun one. Figured I'd say hey in this thread since my post disappeared in the pnw intro thread.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #114
There's a meet at the Burlington, WA Mall on Black Friday. It starts at 1030pm, so you wont have to deal with any Black Friday craziness as the mall will be closed by then. I'd like to park next to some othet FiSTs, if possible. So if anyone able to make it, I'll paste the FB event URL below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/323543708028170/

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #116
How's it going? Jealous of those wheels still. Cant wait for my RPF1s to come in. Still three more months or so to go.

oh nice, love me some RPF1. Nice and light for a 16x7 too. Those are going to look great on your car --really wish they didn't stop making oxford white in 2016, I totally would have bought in white.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #118
Haha, well if our cars were closer in mileage (and mine wasnt a year older) I'd certainly trade you. White is so hard to keep clean.

Hello fellow PNWers! I am keeping an eye out for yall in Seattle and the east side. So far I have only seen one other ST.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #120
I'm out here in Oak Harbor. I see several on the island, a few in Burlington/Mount Vernon too.