Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PNW Chat Version 1.0

Had a green FiST wave today. I was shocked and almost forgot to wave back lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

There is a track in Monroe called Evergreen Speedway. They do non-SCCA autocross events, here's the schedule:
No cone shagging, just show up and drive. 3 classes: FWD, RWD, AWD. Trophies to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each class. Usually $60 entry. Passengers allowed. 12-20 runs per event.

Hah. Yeah. The world is a full of people with all kinds of different ways of interacting with each other. Humans are, sadly, insanely tribal. Some folks make their tribes very small and exclusive. There's a lot of that in the world of car culture. It seems that the more folks self-identify with something, the more they are likely to exclude other folks who don't identify with those dearly held attributes.

That's why I've preferred taking my car out to the track with certain clubs more than others.
I did see a MO FiST in Edmonds a few weeks ago and he waved. I was so excited I almost forgot to wave back.

meFiSTo

Say how are the racetracks up there.. within say 150mi of Seattle?
There are two tracks within a couple hours of Seattle:
  • Pacific Raceways
  • The Ridge Motorsports Park
If you extend your driving distance a bit, there is Portland International Raceway. That's about 3.25 or so hours from Seattle depending on how fast you drive. A little further out, like 5 or 6 hours, you have Oregon Raceway Park and Spokane. In Canada, there's Mission and then the new track on Vancouver Island (purported to be more like a long autocross course with a ton a turns and few typical long straights).

I've been doing track days since about 2004 around here. Before 2015, all of that was split between Pacific Raceways and Portland.

Pacific Raceways -- Pacific Raceways is a scenic, challenging track with lots of elevation change. It was not well maintained for many years -- with iffy pavement in a number of spots. It has reportedly gotten some resurfacing in the recent past and widening of certain spots to make it less sketchy. I have not been since 2011 (I sold my prior car in 2012 and have not taken the Fiesta since purchasing it in 2014). I never really enjoyed PR that much, but could be talked into trying again if some other Fiesta folks wanted to check it.

Portland -- Portland is a fast track. The sport bikes SCREAM there when they open up the main straight to bypass the chicane. It is a very comfortable track to drive in the dry. It's almost relaxing compared to Pacific Raceways (often referred to by its old name of Seattle International Raceway). In the wet, it can be a totally different beast. There is one spot where the geese hangout that is treacherous in the wet (turn sequence at the end of the back straight). I've been back once with the Fiesta and really enjoyed it. I believe it is the only publically owned major road course in the U.S. IRL/USAC and American LeMans Series used to run there, but have not since like 2004ish.

The Ridge Motorsports Park -- This is now my favorite track in the PNW. It is in great shape, has enough straight to get your hear pumping and give you time to stretch your fingers a little and readjust your hand position. It's fairly technical, with a bit of elevation change, so is more entertaining than Portland (which is very flat). It is less worrisome than Pacific Raceways (better runoff setup, much better pavement maintenance). I've been 5 times with the Fiesta (just don't get out that often any more) and am still learning the nuances of this track.

I've not been to ORP, Spokane, Mission, or the Vancouver Island track. I've heard ORP is really fantastic. It's just a bit too far and out in the middle of nowhere for me. Mission has too much concrete and is too far. Spokane has had ownership issues and I kind of just settled on staying close to home.

I hope to get out a couple times a year to The Ridge and Portland, but I'm a fair-weather sport driver at this point. I HATE driving in the rain (despite what everyone says about building expertise in the wet). It's just not fun to me. I have come to dislike very hot days, having experienced a couple last year. That means I track a bunch events, but decide on participation at the last moment based on the forecast.

Here are some track map images and links for you: PNW road course maps

Also: Here's some info about local track-day organizers: Track day options

If you move up this way, maybe I'll see you around, or ping me and we can coordinate (weather permitting, hah).

Here's a shot of the NWST/RS monthly meet from Saturday (Redmond Red Robin). Sadly I was the only FiST at this one, all FoSTs and a few other cars.

Thanks [MENTION=283]meFiSTo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5348]Typical_Dodson[/MENTION]! Exactly what I was looking for!

I found a Driveopolis (YouTube) review of a Cayman GT4 on The Ridge and man, that circuit looks challenging and a BLAST! I will see you guys around for sure.

meFiSTo

I'm thinking of proposing an August G2G based on the SCCA Track Night in America events at the Ridge and Portland Aug 10/11. I'll start a separate thread. It's a ways out, but will allow folks to think about aligning schedules. There are other SCCA days, but I'd like to do back to back Ridge then Portland days. Since they're 1/2 days, there's a little time to socialize before the track event starts.

Last edited:
I know theres a few guys out there, [MENTION=6204]kansei[/MENTION] for one.
yep i'm right downtown, but unless he moves into my building it's unlikely he'll ever see me on the street heh

I've been itching to take the car out lately (it hasn't moved since mid-march oops), gotta figure out some good local scenic drives. Anyone have some suggestions for this time of year?

spotted: black fist black wheels downtown near p square. Has temp tag so probably not members here but maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, I'm a new member in the Mill Creek area. I have a Black '16 fist and coming from the world of Nabisco.

Kansei I've been enjoying your build thread. I'm hoping to go to Surgeline at some point and get Cobb parts and tuning done.

Sidenote: Does this forum host images or you have to host your own image and just provide a link?

🤔 I see I missed posting in here. My name is Rich. Currently still living in Milwaukie and impatiently waiting for our house to be built on land my wife and I own in Washougal. I have a 16' FiST I bought new in March. I am typing this from my motel room in Caldwell Idaho. Heading to Tooele Utah tomorrow for my ST Performance school class on Wednesday. Had fun on coming over on Dooley Mountain (Hwy 245). 😊

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

meFiSTo

?????? I see I missed posting in here. My name is Rich. Currently still living in Milwaukie and impatiently waiting for our house to be built on land my wife and I own in Washougal. I have a 16' FiST I bought new in March. I am typing this from my motel room in Caldwell Idaho. Heading to Tooele Utah tomorrow for my ST Performance school class on Wednesday. Had fun on coming over on Dooley Mountain (Hwy 245). ??????

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Awesome! Welcome! And you will love the !@#@ out of Ford's STOA program. I am not an autox guy, so I really prefer the laps on the East course which is the last formal part of the program for the one-day event (before carting, which is also not my favorite).

meFiSTo

yep i'm right downtown, but unless he moves into my building it's unlikely he'll ever see me on the street heh

I've been itching to take the car out lately (it hasn't moved since mid-march oops), gotta figure out some good local scenic drives. Anyone have some suggestions for this time of year?
Sorry about replying way late on this, but there is an easy drive from Seattle. Take Lake City Way (SR522) all the way to SR2 or take SR520 over the lake to I405 to SR522 to SR2 in Monroe. Follow SR2 briefly to a right turn (just about the first one really after the freeway dumps into the SR2 highway) and then follow that road through Monroe, Duvall, Carnation, and to Fall City. You can head past the falls etc. heading east on SR202. Then you'll hit Snoqualmie -- a lovely town (mostly closed today), but Dirt Fish is up there as well and you can check their facilities. Very cool.

Then follow your nav back through the two lane roads to where you join with I90 and home you go.

It's a couple hours out and back from Seattle. Some nice places to stop all along the way to eat, hang out, etc. if you have your SO with you.