Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Oil filter Part Numbers

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Numerous Blackstone reports show no evidence of excess fuel dilution.
But, 10k OCI safe? I mean, I just did my very first OC at 1500 miles and it reeked of gas... obviously not scientific but it does make me believe that, after my 3rd GDI-T car in a row, that you are better safe than sorry going with a 5k OCI over the suspicious 10k recommended... Now if you have dual catch cans, probably different.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
That's good, obviously, but if you change your oil at 5k intervals instead of 10k anyway then it won't matter.
Gives lower pressure thru filter (better flow), a little more oil and a little better cooling. All for the same price so it matters to me. But that is me, may not matter to others. I do my changes at 4K or less in dusty conditions.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Gives lower pressure thru filter (better flow), a little more oil and a little better cooling. All for the same price so it matters to me. But that is me, may not matter to others. I do my changes at 4K or less in dusty conditions.
Good point... The Bosch I used yesterday was bigger, a good half inch longer, than the regular MotorCraft that was on there from the factory and I'm really big on all the reviews that talk about how good the anti-drainback valve is too, so I think I'm doing OK.. and yes, good idea to do 4k intervals when dusty, I think we are on the same page overall. :)

How many switched over to Rotella T6? That's what I use in my Subie STI (even after Shell changed formula slightly). What's the benefits using T6 over the Motorcraft sync blend of full sync?

Would be cool just keep one kind of oil for both cars... [rockon]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Rotella now makes a Sn/CI-4 approved 5w40 Syn for both diesel and gas. You could if you want even though it doesn't meet Ford specs....but who cares...as long as it's got oil in it...I know I might get crucified for saying that too!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The larger filter fits with the stock components with no issues? How much more oil is needed now that the filter has changed/ 1/4 qt.....1/2 qt?[dictate]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Rotella now makes a Sn/CI-4 approved 5w40 Syn for both diesel and gas. You could if you want even though it doesn't meet Ford specs....but who cares...as long as it's got oil in it...I know I might get crucified for saying that too!
30w is high as you should go and only for the summer, these little tight DI motors need thinner oil, but it's your car...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just to bring this up again I switched to the FL-400S and am seeing lower oil and coolant temps, I just hope the lower pressure isn't bad for the engine.... and these lower temps are *even with* running a bit thicker 5w-30 for the summer too... For $3 seems like a no-brainer, fit easily and has definitely helped with temps!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just to bring this up again I switched to the FL-400S and am seeing lower oil and coolant temps, I just hope the lower pressure isn't bad for the engine.... and these lower temps are with running a bit thicker 5w-30 for the summer too... For $3 seems like a no-brainer, fit easily and has definitely helped with temps!
Thicker oil does NOT MEAN lower temps for an engine. But I could see the more flow of oil helping. The thicker the oil....the harder the engine must work against the thicker viscosity and the generates more heat. But I'd say with that weight it's not much of a change in viscosity. Now if you went from a w30 to a w60....that be a large change! I too also am running the larger filter!

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thicker oil does NOT MEAN lower temps for an engine. But I could see the more flow of oil helping. The thicker the oil....the harder the engine must work against the thicker viscosity and the generates more heat. But I'd say with that weight it's not much of a change in viscosity. Now if you went from a w30 to a w60....that be a large change! I too also am running the larger filter!
That's what I'm saying, I'm seeing these temperature drops even with a slightly thicker oil using the larger filter... I edited my post to clarify since it apparently wasn't clear what I was saying. :)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's what I'm saying, I'm seeing these temperature drops even with a slightly thicker oil using the larger filter... I edited my post to clarify since it apparently wasn't clear what I was saying. :)
I know that...I also mentionedits not that much thicker also....than a w20

Last edited:

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I had to go back to stock filter size when I installed the CPE intake tube for my WMI injection or would of stayed with the much bigger filter.

Just changed the oil in the V8 4runner yesterday, not sure what was in it as bought it recently, went 0-20 GTX Titanium, extended mileage...whatever.....and twice the size Wix(Napa Gold) filter, engine running better, quieter, smoother...immediately could tell.

I will see if the fuel mileage goes up over the next few hundred miles, would not be shocked to see a modest gain.

I have to chang my oil and plugs for the first time. My 2016 got free oil changes from Ford until now. Just wondering what's y'alls opinion is on the best oil for a modded FiST.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I have to chang my oil and plugs for the first time. My 2016 got free oil changes from Ford until now. Just wondering what's y'alls opinion is on the best oil for a modded FiST.
SN+ rated full synthetic changed every 5-6k... Even Walmart SuperTech/Amazon Basics is rated for this, so for only $20 I get Quaker State Ultimate Durability at Walmart which rated right just behind Amsoil and Royal Purple for wear durability. Everyone is going to tell you their favorite brand, but I have none, I go by results and use the Quaker State based on facts HERE. It's a crazy long oil test results blog that has some great info.

SN+ rated full synthetic changed every 5-6k... Even Walmart SuperTech/Amazon Basics is rated for this, so for only $20 I get Quaker State Ultimate Durability at Walmart which rated right just behind Amsoil and Royal Purple for wear durability. Everyone is going to tell you their favorite brand, but I have none, I go by results and use the Quaker State based on facts HERE. It's a crazy long oil test results blog that has some great info.
That blog is awesome. I thought I knew a lot about oil, and still learned a few things. I read majority of it over two days. The section about the S65 BMW M3 engines was also of interest to me (wrong spec oil recommended from factory due to very small bearing clearances).

I'll be sticking to the 5w20 recommended weight I guess on the Fist, although previously I considered going up to 5w30 for our San Diego summers...

Also going to try running 5w30 in my E36 M3 over the usual 10w40 I've been running, especially in the winter. 0w40 for summer max, may stick with 5w30 if it looks good on the pressure gauge.

I wish I had an oil PSI gauge in the Fist like I do in my M3 (aftermarket VDO cluster). Really helps you see how close you are to the 10psi per 1000 RPM rule at any given temp with any given weight oil....

Does the access port have oil PSI? I think I recall seeing oil temp. Right now I only use mine to load maps, but due to only having a flimsy suction cup mount do not monitor anything. I run a basic OTS 91 stage 1 tune, I doubt there's any issues to watch out for. I disconnect it for daily driving. Also won't get stolen that way.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That blog is awesome. I thought I knew a lot about oil, and still learned a few things. I read majority of it over two days. The section about the S65 BMW M3 engines was also of interest to me (wrong spec oil recommended from factory due to very small bearing clearances).

I'll be sticking to the 5w20 recommended weight I guess on the Fist, although previously I considered going up to 5w30 for our San Diego summers...

Also going to try running 5w30 in my E36 M3 over the usual 10w40 I've been running, especially in the winter. 0w40 for summer max, may stick with 5w30 if it looks good on the pressure gauge.

I wish I had an oil PSI gauge in the Fist like I do in my M3 (aftermarket VDO cluster). Really helps you see how close you are to the 10psi per 1000 RPM rule at any given temp with any given weight oil....
FYI, I personally DO run 5w-30 for the hottest 3-4 months of the year and that's all the way up in mild W/ Oregon, I'd prob run 5w-30 half the year if I lived in San Dog, whenever high temps are regularly above 80 inland a bit... If you go turbo upgrade they usually require 5w-30, although I believe that is only with non-hybrids, I'd have to double-check.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Does the access port have oil PSI? I think I recall seeing oil temp. Right now I only use mine to load maps, but due to only having a flimsy suction cup mount do not monitor anything. I run a basic OTS 91 stage 1 tune, I doubt there's any issues to watch out for. I disconnect it for daily driving. Also won't get stolen that way.
The oil temp provided is based on an algorithm based on other temp sensors, I do believe it comes out as fairly accurate or else it would have it's specific sensor... I just use a cheap little cell phone air vent magnetic mount just to the left of the media screen, only blocks half of one air vent and I can monitor things, costs like $5 a 2 pack on Amazon. I do like to monitor just in case, especially since our fuel here can be borderline to run 93 tunes and we have no self serve and I've been pumped regular before... Luckily I park in my own garage at home and work is in very low crime area with security, many times I'll forget to lock my doors at work and not even worry, heh.