Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PNW Meet and Greet Planning Thread

Hey guys, I know a lot of you and myself have loosely discussed a PNW meet and greet and I think it's time we try to plan something.

So here's what we need to come to a consensus on: When and where?

My opinion on when:My vote is for sooner rather than later, so we can hang out without the weather being too cold and without the weather inhibiting photo opportunities. As far as an exact day goes, for me it'd have to be a Saturday or Sunday as I'm in the military and every other day of the week I'm pretty much swamped.

My opinion on where: Not sure on an exact location as I've only lived in the PNW for a few months. But I think some where near Seattle is the best for being centrally located to most of us. It's about two hours from me and I certainly dont mind driving that far to hang out. I'd prefer some kind of park, where we could perhaps BBQ and hang out without fear of being kicked out by security or police.

Other stuff: If this meet and greet can get enough interest I'd like to look into messaging sponsors of this forum and see if they'd be willing to send out some swag for me to pass out to everyone. But this is probably only going to happen if we can get a lot of FiSTs and/or FoSTs out there. Who knows! Maybe with enough momentum we could turn this into an annual meet for Ford ST owners in the PNW.

Whats everyone think?

Interested users and their dates:
  1. [MENTION=3799]Strife[/MENTION] - Saturday or Sunday
  2. [MENTION=3594]white-rhyno[/MENTION] - Sunday

I am game for driving over the mountains. Right now, id need it to be a Sunday. I work wed-sat. I maaay be getting a new job, that is mon-fri. And my house is selling soon.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #3
Sounds good. As people confirm their interest and the best day to meet I'll be adding them to the main post. When you say "drive over the mountains" does that refer to driving over the mountains to make it to a meet and greet or you wanted to go on a group drive?

Im game either way, i am all for driving. All part of living in the middle of state. But, if we did meet up in Ellensburg, new house has big shop with a two post lift if we wanted to do a group project, how to sessions for newbs? I have all sorts of ideas. They usually do a autocross event once a year in Ellensburg, if they do it in 2016, may be a good weekend?

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #5
Having it at your place because of your awesome shop might also be an excellent idea! I'll keep that idea in mind.

I'd be up for a smaller meet, dunno about doing anything big and all day though. It would have to be on a weekend.

Come spring time it would be fun to do a group track day.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #7
I'd be up for a smaller meet, dunno about doing anything big and all day though. It would have to be on a weekend.

Come spring time it would be fun to do a group track day.
I agree, I think it's unlikely a large scale meet could happen with the amount of interest I've seen. But lets definitely plan something for spring. A group track day/drive would be nice as well.

OP
Strife
Thread Starter #8
Just met a few people with FoSTs in my town. Gonna meet with them soon and see if they'd be interested in traveling for a meet some time.

meFiSTo

I agree, I think it's unlikely a large scale meet could happen with the amount of interest I've seen. But lets definitely plan something for spring. A group track day/drive would be nice as well.
That sounds good. Back when the Mk1 Focus/SVT Focus kids had G2Gs in these parts, our Focaljet cohort did connect at a couple of track days. There are not enough of us Fiesta ST folks to HAVE a track day, but we can leverage one of the regularly organized events. Turn2 or Cantrell/Proformance at The Ridge and Club Lotus or Alfa at Portland are the organizers I personally prefer. I've not been to The Ridge yet, but figure to get out next year almost certainly. An old SVT Focus buddy and i are discussing connecting at Portland or at The Ridge. There are not that many guys that actually do track days, so that limits things a bit. With the old Focus crew, folks would visit in the paddock on the rare planned thing. There are a couple other guys for sure that track their FiSTs. There's [MENTION=1619]ericr[/MENTION] on this forum and another couple of guys on fiestast.net as well.