Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake Cooling Deflectors / Ducts - Boomba Racing

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
The idea is to pack snow into the brakes to keep them cool !! Brilliant !!

I actually have no idea what I'm talking about.... Florida = ?Snow? Never seen it.
Exactly! Snow covered brakes=cold brakes.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
you have peaked my interest.
my FiST is just a daily that sees maybe 15 miles a day most of the time.. but they are fun miles
With most of these cars being daily drivers for people, we want to produce a solution that does not require any permanent modification to your car. This is why we did not go the route of removing fog lights or cutting into anything. This will be a stealthy, yet effective modification.

These would be the perfect Christmas Present for me [:p] As a European guy i can say here are also no Sollutions for this heating Problem avariable yet, so it will be a awesome upgrade and i would buy it!

how beneficial are these for daily driving? Granted, all my other mods def arent necessary to drive back and forth to work but have noticable affects during the experience. are these made more for track/ autocross?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Autocross may not get enough heat into the brakes fast enough for it to matter or for you to get fade.
They are def worth a shot on the track for sure. Who knows what we'll find.
I think they will be PERFECT for hard street driving. I can get fade on some of my hard drives.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
how beneficial are these for daily driving? Granted, all my other mods def arent necessary to drive back and forth to work but have noticable affects during the experience. are these made more for track/ autocross?
If you've ever driven the vehicle aggressively for long period of time, you will notice the pedal feel begins to feel vague and you experience fade after a while. This is due to the Fiesta having brake regulated torque vectoring which is continually using your brakes whether you are on the pedal or not. The benefit about our set-up is that it is something you will be able to bolt on and leave in place. You won't have to take it on and off each time you visit a track or decide to drive aggressively. You will experience less fade and more confidence in your braking through most types of driving by running this set-up.

Autocross may not get enough heat into the brakes fast enough for it to matter or for you to get fade.
They are def worth a shot on the track for sure. Who knows what we'll find.
I think they will be PERFECT for hard street driving. I can get fade on some of my hard drives.
Hard street driving, back roads, road courses; you name it!

Will the OEM disc shields need to be removed for these?
In order to experience the most effective level of cooling, the OEM dust shield should be removed. They are only held on by two bolts. We are also working on our own dust shield that can be used to work in conjunction with our deflectors.

Jep, would not work if the Air only hit the Shield.
I hope that these will fit on the EU Spec FiST, because there is no Product like this on the Market here :/
From what I can tell, these should be good to work on Euro spec Fiestas!