Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone noticed the slight difference in color between metal and plastic body parts?

Thanks for the clarification. I know from all of my training and personally that as an auto damage adjuster for an insurance company we make sure at my company that we are paying out for all the paint time and to paint on and off the vehicle the individual pieces and the proper blends but, obviously not all insurance companies are the same.

And it's always good to be getting feedback from the bodymen who are actually working the process, so thank you for the explanation!

Glad I could help

JasonHaven

You bought a ford, not a BMW

You could possibly take off the bumper and adjust the plastic assembly that the bumper clips into to fix this.

I wouldn't quote me on that though because I haven't had a Fist apart and don't know if there is any room to adjust it
Oh I know... but I notice mine isn't quite as nice as others... it probably has to do with the body shop's repair job after a deer incident, honestly. I might take it back to them to see if they can fix it, but I also don't want to be without my car :)

My white 15 has a very slightly different shade of white on the rear bumper compared to the body. Of course only I notice it... Or the slight misalignment of the bumpers, which seems to be the same on most Fiestas. I stopped worrying about it.

My 2012 yellow blaze metallic focus had a slight difference between the front bumper and fenders. I don't notice it on my white FiST.

This is one of the reasons Im selling my FiST as soon as I pay if off(next year) and won't buy a Ford or cheap car again.

Back to the Germans for me.

It looks worse in certain lighting, like today walking out of the grocery store [sad]

It's my understanding that the paints used on plastics are different from those used on metals, and as such, can't be perfectly matched.

Whether it's an American, German, Japanese, or Korean car, it doesn't make a difference. I once owned a Silver 2006 Porsche Cayman S, as well as a Blue 2008 Audi A4, and the colors were slightly different in the sun on the plastic vs. the metal body parts on both of them. I also presently have a Venetian Red Pearl 2015 Subaru Crosstrek, and once again there is a color difference in the sun between the plastic and the metal parts.

This is one of the reasons Im selling my FiST as soon as I pay if off(next year) and won't buy a Ford or cheap car again.

It looks worse in certain lighting, like today walking out of the grocery store [sad]

Wow that looks really off, at least in the pic...

My magnetic metallic has a visibly mis-matched front bumper. More so than my old race red car had. Doesn't bother me as much as the rear bumper would.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Talking to a body shop once, they told me that White tends to be the hardest color to match.

I pretty much see this mismatch on a LOT of different makes and models. Once you know to look for it, you can't unsee it. Bummer man.

Ford Community Posts