Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear wheel well liners

I have a question about the rear wheel well liners. Cloth? Really? Anyway, it seems that they were originally glued to the inner wheel arch (there's a ribbon of what seems like body sealer), but right now they're just hanging loose. That seems like it's just asking for a lot of dirt and road grime to build up inside the quarters, and with winter coming, a lot of salty slush. Am I correct in thinking they're supposed to be sealed, and what's the recommended fix for that?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I noticed this also....being from the great white north it concerns me aome....is there a remedy for this?

Mine do the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it though as they were never attached from the factory. The glue you see is the seam sealer for the inner and outer quarter panel. It's all glued together. So as long as you hose it out every so often you should be good!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Hmmm... A lot of new cars have a fabric liner in the rear. Anyway, what year is your car? Because my '14 has little rivets to secure it in place.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Oh all the fasteners are in place and secure. I even just replaced a couple of them after an incident with a OTR tire tread on the highway. That's when I noticed there's just a huge gap between the liner and the inner quarter panel.

One of my rivets must have come out or the fabric tore because it's all saggy now like a wizard's sleeve. I would love to see some plastic replacements for the fabric back there and definitely have some concerns over ice buildup ripping more out this winter.

Mine look the same after 3mo/3000 miles. No snow or salt yet.

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
Yeah, that's messed up. Wonder if the dealer/Ford will cover these under warranty.
That's definitely something to follow up on. Or if your car is past its warranty period, I wonder how much they cost new? We were pleasantly surprised that the vapor canister under the car was only $75 from the dealer (another casualty of the tire tread she hit), and new front ones for my Caliber only ran $22 each, so they might not be terribly expensive. Which then raises another thought- I wonder if coating them with some type of bed liner spray might toughen them up a bit? Just a thought I've been kicking around.

As for the attachment hardware, I believe you'll be able to find everything at www.clipsandfasteners.com. I actually bought what I needed at a local body supply shop because I needed it that day, and the packages they came in were the same brand as many other fasteners I've bought online for my other projects. Interestingly enough, a couple of the plastic push-pin retainers that hold the lower rear bumper panel on are the exact same ones used to hold the front bumper cover on my Caliber.

I went to the dealership today to have them take a look at the rear wheel liner and they asked if I hit anything. I said no, not to my knowledge and they told me that they would cover it for me under the warranty "this time."

It turns out the liner ripped and needs to be replaced so the part is on the way. I'll post back with how much it came to once the repairs are done.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I went to the dealership today to have hem take a look at the rear wheel liner and they asked if I hit anything. I said no, not to my knowledge and they told me that they would cover it for me under the warranty "this time."

It turns out the liner ripped and needs to be replaced so the part is on the way. I'll post back with how much it came to once the repairs are done.
See if you can get a picture of the new liner (before putting it in) and of the rip in the old liner. Mine is also very low in the back (can push it up over 1") and I will be addressing it when I put my winters on but if I can see where the rip might be I may want to get a new one.

On my 2015 the first time I washed it I noticed the LH rear liner had a gap at the top (about 1 inch) compared to the RH side which was nice and tight. Just got it in last Saturday for it's first oil change and had them look at it. They ordered a bunch of clips and said they would be in tomorrow and would fix under warranty. I will look at the invoice tonight and see if the part numbers are listed.

I got the part numbers last night from my invoice. Exact same numbers as Tiempo de Fiesta noted in his post. No price noted but doing some Web searching looks like the Filler Qtr Panel (splash guard) retails for around $85.00 but can be had for around $60.00. The clips and fasteners are cheap (around 50 cents each in bags of 10 - 25).

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good shot of where the rip was located on the new liner so I am not entirely sure whether there is an actual mounting point there or if it was just a general rip in the liner but I added the pictures either way if you'd like to take a look.

I think it's more likely that the mounting point I have highlighted loosened up since I don't really see a mounting spot on the new one where the rip is located on the old one.

The prices were listed on the invoice as "Warranty" so I don't have priced but here are the parts list:

Qty | Part # | Description

1 | AE8Z-54278B51-A | Filler - Quart
2 | -W703505-S439 | Clip
2 | -W703507-S300 | Clip
1 | -W701054-S300 | Fastener