Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3 Chimes Everytime I Open the Door

I suspect it's a fault indicator for the BCM (Body Control Module).
Suspect that any fault it detects will result with dinging... and it doesn't necessarily wait until a door is open or a key is near.
I've witnessed the periodic dinging without everything shut off, locked and no key around.

I had switched over to LED and it consistently dinged the entire time. Could be coincidence, but the dinging stopped immediately after installing the resistors a week or two later.

BCM controls and interfaces with a lot, as you can see in this graphic...
View attachment 31918
Interesting. Mine just started doing this and it just so happens I installed Spec D taillights and replaced the reverse lights with LED bulbs. Now you have me thinking the LED reverse lights are causing it.

TemecFist

Hey blakewillingham,

Have you had a chance to speak with your Ford Dealer about this?

Glad to read your issues have been resolved, Sil3nt611. Don't hesitate to reach out should it ever return.

Nick
Thank goodness it stopped. The LAST thing he should do is take it back to a dealer.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My FiST DONT DING OR DONG* Never has....
Something is wrong with your FiST Typhoon! πŸ˜„
(wouldn't that be ironic if it were actually true)
I'd like to imagine that visit to the dealer describing the "problem"...
TyphoonFiST: πŸ˜ƒ Bunch of guys on the forum says their car "randomly" dings at them.
Service Mgr: 🀨 Yeah...
TyphoonFiST: πŸ˜• Mine doesn't. I'm told this means something is wrong.
Service Mgr: πŸ€” I think your forum people have that backwards.
TyphoonFiST: πŸ˜€ But they say EVERYBODY's car does it.
Service Mgr: 😏 Well first I've heard of it. Maybe I'm not understanding you. Can you reproduce the problem?
TyphoonFiST: πŸ˜ƒ Yeah, no problem. Follow me.
TyphoonFiST: 😟 (Opens the car door.) See listen... silence.
Service Mgr: πŸ˜‘

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Something is wrong with your FiST Typhoon! [emoji1]
(wouldn't that be ironic if it were actually true)
I'd like to imagine that visit to the dealer describing the "problem"...
TyphoonFiST: [emoji2] Bunch of guys on the forum says their car "randomly" dings at them.
Service Mgr: [emoji2955] Yeah...
TyphoonFiST: [emoji53] Mine doesn't. I'm told this means something is wrong.
Service Mgr: [emoji848] I think your forum people have that backwards.
TyphoonFiST: [emoji3] But they say EVERYBODY's car does it.
Service Mgr: [emoji57] Well first I've heard of it. Maybe I'm not understanding you. Can you reproduce the problem?
TyphoonFiST: [emoji2] Yeah, no problem. Follow me.
TyphoonFiST: [emoji45] (Opens the car door.) See listen... silence.
Service Mgr: [emoji58]
Well I fiddled and faddled...it must only do it when the headlights aren't in the Automatic position. Mine has always been in the Automatic "on" position. But take it out of that and it will Ding. But will not Ding if in the Off position on the headlight switch and Automatic "on" position for the headlights.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Fiestig

Its a simple scenario with the start button. I have had it happen multiple times. I have the 3 bells right now because I accidentally hit the start button with the door open without turning the car on. It is a scenario.. Just not pinpointed. I use to just pull the battery cable when it bothered me and then back to normal. I will pay attention next time to the start button scenario.

Just to note... There is nothing wrong with your car if this happens. I have had it happen since 2017, Just never got around to getting back to norm without pulling the cable. I will play around tonight and see if I can figure out the correction sequence

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Well I fiddled and faddled...it must only do it when the headlights aren't in the Automatic position. Mine has always been in the Automatic "on" position. But take it out of that and it will Ding. But will not Ding if in the Off position on the headlight switch and Automatic "on" position for the headlights.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
My lamps are always on auto. Car will randomly ding at me for like a whole weekend. And then just as randomly quit. 🀷

I, too, fell victim to the dings. Both via:
1) windows down and the infotainment powered off
...and...
2) some weird combination of me pressing the lock/unlock button with it powered off while leaning through the window...yatta yatta

The fix for me seem to have been locking and unlocking using the fob.