Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Phone placement, mount.. what do you do/use?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Well since I have Android auto I just plug it in and leave it inside the compartment.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Well since I have Android auto I just plug it in and leave it inside the compartment.

Being SUPER averse to clutter, this is my preferred solution too... but after shredding nearly a dozen cords (and now a phone). It simply doesn't work for me.

In part, it's probably related to my carrier/phone preference. Google/ProjectFi is all about USB-C these days. Which makes for a fast charge/connection... but the physical plug tends to be 1.5-2x longer than microUSB or lighting, and the cable itself is thicker/stiffer. This makes even a modest sized phone (moto x4) an uncomfortable fit in that little console... the cord gets forced to hard angle, under constant tension (bouncing around on rough roads/tight suspension)... it eventually breaks.

Cords are cheap enough that I really didn't mind keeping a few extra on hand... but phones, not so much.

Really looking forward to the day sync3 allows us to connect to android auto using bluetooth... until then, I'm going to try the magnetic holder (and cord clips) pictured earlier in this thread.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Being SUPER averse to clutter, this is my preferred solution too... but after shredding nearly a dozen cords (and now a phone). It simply doesn't work for me.

In part, it's probably related to my carrier/phone preference. Google/ProjectFi is all about USB-C these days. Which makes for a fast charge/connection... but the physical plug tends to be 1.5-2x longer than microUSB or lighting, and the cable itself is thicker/stiffer. This makes even a modest sized phone (moto x4) an uncomfortable fit in that little console... the cord gets forced to hard angle, under constant tension (bouncing around on rough roads/tight suspension)... it eventually breaks.

Cords are cheap enough that I really didn't mind keeping a few extra on hand... but phones, not so much.

Really looking forward to the day sync3 allows us to connect to android auto using bluetooth... until then, I'm going to try the magnetic holder (and cord clips) pictured earlier in this thread.
I really haven't had that issue and I have a LG V20 type-C plug. I also have the 3D printed cup with the lid, so I have even less room haven't destroyed my phone yet.