Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistpoundin View Post
    I was thinking about drilling a small hole in the center console and a small hole with rubber grommet to the Sync area and have the cable come out there for my iPhone. But, still need a place for the phone, as it will slosh around. Maybe a magnet mount there. Hate there’s no phone spot. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There should be a slot under the latch where the cable can come through.

Made my own phone holder that sits between the seat and center console out of an empty Nature Valley Bar box. Functions as required and keeps the phone from rattling against the cup holders or sliding around it. Also room for a passenger's phone should they need one as well!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180529_212643 copy.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	625.6 KB 
ID:	19755

Name:	IMG_20190212_172428 copy.jpg 
Size:	654.3 KB 
ID:	19754

Senior Member 618 Rep Points Dpro's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoko View Post
    There should be a slot under the latch where the cable can come through.

Made my own phone holder that sits between the seat and center console out of an empty Nature Valley Bar box. Functions as required and keeps the phone from rattling against the cup holders or sliding around it. Also room for a passenger's phone should they need one as well!

Name:	IMG_20180529_212643 copy.jpg 
Size:	625.6 KB 
ID:	19755

Name:	IMG_20190212_172428 copy.jpg 
Size:	654.3 KB 
ID:	19754
    Dare I say Ghetto Fab! Lol you cannot expect to post something like this and not elicit comments.
    2018 Orange Spice,Smoke Storm Recaro’s,Ebony wheels( for now) Thermal RD Exhaust
    , Cobb AP( tune by Randy af Mountune, more customs to come,)ST200 airbox with cold air intake,Revo foam filter, Whoosh/Ramair crossover pipe ,Whoosh Intake Tube,Turbosmart EV blowoff valve, Whoosh motorsports Symposer delete

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arkon seat mount. Their suction cup mounts are the best, have them for the AP and my V1. I used a couple of Garmin mounts w/ 3M double side tape and small zip ties to hold the stalk.

# 169 2014 Race Red, Recaros, Nav, the whole enchilada.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport, AWR rmm, Ramair filter & intake pipe, Whoosh symposer delete, Motul 300, Cobb AP & knob. Tint.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    Dare I say Ghetto Fab! Lol you cannot expect to post something like this and not elicit comments.
    I'll take ownership of the ghetto fab- did the best I could with what little I had on hand! It was only meant as a temporary stopgap

Senior Member 404 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ball-mount here can be attached to a phone cradle...
    https://www.fiestastforum.com/thread...l=1#post217473
    <<
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrod1980 View Post
    I have a 2016 with Nav. To date, I've not seen any updates to the maps portion of Sync3 and I'm still on v2.2. While I appreciate the update and Apple CarPlay, it pisses me off that Nav is such an expensive option, yet we have no avenue to receive updated maps. Mine says map version is from 2014. Literally half of the area I love in now was built after 2014, which is frustrating.

The Garmin I bought not only accepts voice commands but has regular map updates.
    I have it mounted in front of the shifter.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AYLYWA/
    Two minutes to put it on.
    That came with it's own quality black double-sided tape.
    There are other mounting options for that part, such as screws, but with a little rubbing alcohol (90%) to clean the surfaces, double-sided tape has held over the life of a few devices (about eight years) and really had to work to get the old mounting plate out of the old vehicle. This might hold up similarly but if not, will simply use the same tape I had before.

Glad I didn't spend $800 on the nav option.

Photos of the mount...
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhsZJDCN8kMMi1C-MP4bTL8rGY_r
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhsZJDCN8kMMi1G-MP4bTL8rGY_r

You can still reach behind it and access the buttons for traction control, heated seats, accent lighting, etc. The GPS is on it's OEM cradle and can be snapped off as normal.

The Garmin is also, surprisingly good at voice interpretation. It manages to pickup many street names that a phone won't because it has a very specific choice of names/vocabulary to interpret from. Apps on phones rely on the phone's built-in voice to text translation which by nature, has to be more generic. Therefore phones regularly mangle street names on voice to text translation.

If you have Shaq-knuckles or a forward-grasp of the shift knob, you may have to adjust your grip to keep from accidently touching the display.>>

Note that a phone will be constantly re-removed so double-sided tape alone is *NOT* an option here. The tape I used for the Garmin, (removed roughly weekly,) eventually did fail. The failed tape still on, applied just a tiny dab of cyanoacrylate glue on the console side, liberal amount on the mount side and reattached. Seems solid. The tape insures that it is at least, removable. Otherwise it would be permanent.

This is obviously not for people that like to stare at screens. There may be readability issues with smaller phones as well. The (sadly discontinued) Nokia Windows 10 Mobile Phone itself, offers to read back text messages, as well as offer voice-to-text replies via Sync.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

New Member 11 Rep Points STeezy's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use popsockets and the car mount. I notched the USB in the center console, and ran it to the front pocket. I hate wires flopping around.

Name:	image000001.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	19775

Name:	image000004.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	19776

Name:	image000000.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	19777

Senior Member 404 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

@STeezy -
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

New Member 11 Rep Points STeezy's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    @STeezy -
    Yeah lol. If you do the same, notch the USB in the back right not the front left. I had to shave a little off the actual console to run the wire.

Also, here's my bass knob.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234