Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Turbo Results Thread

I thought there were a lot more FiSTs out there with BTs? I know my cyborg acts/feels like the GT2554r but I'd like to see others posted on here...

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I thought there were a lot more FiSTs out there with BTs? I know my cyborg acts/feels like the GT2554r but I'd like to see others posted on here...
[MENTION=2687]RobK[/MENTION] has the 2554 his graphs look like mine with a bit less top end. Nothing will spool like the stock baby turbo/cyborg. They are just incredibly small hence insta spool.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
[MENTION=1568]wspec[/MENTION] posted these results (below) earlier today on another thread...I believe this was an ATP 2560 he had modified...very impressive!

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...R-Expectations?p=126771&viewfull=1#post126771

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...R-Expectations?p=126778&viewfull=1#post126778

Russ (DHM).
This is the kit that I originally bought from ATP, added a new billet compressor wheel, added pumpaspeed header, then sent it to DHM and kept my cartridge and compressor side and tossed out everything else for another set of headers with external gate and another intercooler.

I have been through 2 turbo kits (sorta), 2 headers, 3 new downpipes, 2 new intercoolers, 3 charge pipes, etc ... After a lot of work and a lot of money I am pretty confident this is a pretty good setup for the car. I don't think I would trade it in for a bigger turbo.
Done with the 93 tuning.
Blue = 3rd
Green = 4th

sample_for_forum.jpg

My car will be going on a mustang chassis dyno tomorrow. Not gonna post up any vdyno's. Lets just put, it feels stout. [dunno]

What's new, parts/tuning/etc?
The last time it was on a dyno it was showing 300whp and I was running 12.8-12.9 at the track. Have hit the 11's since then.

Added the following:
Exhaust
Aux Fuel
Different intake
Ethanol tune making use of aux fuel

My car will be going on a mustang chassis dyno tomorrow. Not gonna post up any vdyno's. Lets just put, it feels stout. [dunno]
I would be interested in seeing a vdyno done the same day as your mustang dyno.
I am planning on putting on rollers soon as well but I think for most people the vdyno actually provide better context, while physical dyno gives more hard numbers most people on the forum actually only have vydno and it makes a great tool to show the difference between their setup and another. If we all had real dynos that would be ideal but alas...

The last time it was on a dyno it was showing 300whp and I was running 12.8-12.9 at the track. Have hit the 11's since then.

Added the following:
Exhaust
Aux Fuel
Different intake
Ethanol tune making use of aux fuel
Since the 11.97 @117, I mean.

MBRP vs DHM dump and DHM stock location intake vs 2JR cowl intake? E30?

Since the 11.97 @117, I mean.

MBRP vs DHM dump and DHM stock location intake vs 2JR cowl intake? E30?
For the 11.97@117 I was running 110 octane race gas and the prototype aux fuel system that Russ had on his car for awhile.

But you hit the nail right on the head, MBRP Exhaust, DHM Intake, Permanent Aux Fuel System, and Ethanol tune.

RobK

Just an update on the ATP 2554, still really happy with this setup. I feel like it has a good hp to torque curve for the cost. Here is a 3rd gear pull but 4th gear usually nets a higher number on V-dyno.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Very nice power curve and numbers which makes for a very quick FiST, more so than some may realize, big turbos are great for drag racing but a power curve like this makes the car easier to drive and faster in the real world where you spend more time at lower RPM's, why I am stepping down to a smaller turbo, GT2560R in my case.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Is the J-line that bad? that's what I was gonna go with...
Honestly if you go big turbo it's junk. I see 20-25 degree temp increases on 4th gear/5th gear pulls. I will be going either map or DHM factory fitment intercooler soon.

twolf

Honestly if you go big turbo it's junk. I see 20-25 degree temp increases on 4th gear/5th gear pulls. I will be going either map or DHM factory fitment intercooler soon.
Interesting, several of my FoST friends use it on their Stage 3 cars so I figured it would do just fine.

Seeing your Dyno results is interesting! It makes me question whether or not I should go for 2560 or 2554. :)

I cannot vouch for any other intercooler than DHM. I have the factor fitment one, and holy shit is there a huge difference in size over the factory. It is an amazing intercooler for sure. I do not have a big turbo yet, but I have hopes to go early this year. But well see how things go. But if you were to go with any intercooler, I am just saying DHM factory fitment is the way to go 100%