Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Turbo Results Thread

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I thought it would be cool for everyone to post their big turbo results. Dyno, V-dyno, track times.

Manifold
Turbo
Fuel used
Turbocharger ( try to be specific, comp wheel, turbine wheel, A/R turbine housing etc )
Boost ran
Tuner used
Intercooler used

Feel free to add other details :) ( like timing advance and AFR's )

Lets TRY and keep this a factual post of results, not comparison of setups or people cars vs other peoples.

So lets see those GT(x), EFR results guys !!!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Subbed? You have the best results on a fist I've seen so far, lol. I know you've
Posted results on the forum, but I figured we could have all the results from different people in one place.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Big Turbo Results thread !!

Subbed? You have the best results on a fist I've seen so far, lol. I know you've
Posted results on the forum, but I figured we could have all the results from different people in one place.
Best spool, maybe. Don't forget about Russ, Rod and Fearthesnail. In that order. Rick is up soon, too. Perfblue, Wspec. I want to see Dustys numbers soon. Also, I'm about 700 miles from my computer.

Here is mine, Cobb Turbo Back exhaust, Cobb Intercooler, Cobb modified intake, ATP GT2554 Turbo, E-30 Fuel.

This run was aborted a little early and there is a pretty good right hand curve where the power drops off. It will usually pull to 6300 in 3rd gear before flattening out or dropping off.

Thanks for posting the 2554 curves! I'm thinking about one of those, since my FIST is primarily my daily driver. I'd like a little more top end without sacrificing mid range. You happy so far? Anything you would do differently, like supporting mods or anything?

Thanks for posting the 2554 curves! I'm thinking about one of those, since my FIST is primarily my daily driver. I'd like a little more top end without sacrificing mid range. You happy so far? Anything you would do differently, like supporting mods or anything?
Honestly for the money I am very happy with it, some will say it still builds boost too slow compared to other systems that cost well over twice the money, but it is kind of like traction control.

With the stage 3 on E-30 it had so much low end torque that it made it difficult to find traction through corners in the canyons. This turbo will still spin the tires through first and midrange up in second but it's much easier to modulate in the canyons. You can also hold a gear much longer in the straightaways compared to the stock turbo.
I really don't see how the guys with the bigger turbos get any traction when the power comes on, unless you are only drag racing on slicks or driving on a very open track where 3rd gear and up are used most often.

Best spool, maybe. Don't forget about Russ, Rod and Fearthesnail. In that order. Rick is up soon, too. Perfblue, Wspec. I want to see Dustys numbers soon. Also, I'm about 700 miles from my computer.
And I don't know what state everybody's is in but mine is not done yet either, hate to mis-represent. We haven't even tuned the bottom end yet, and holding off for just a bit because I decided to add the aux fuel system. I will love to post numbers up soon as its 'done' (if that is ever the case).

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Tell me how to post my Vdyno results and I will edit and add it to this post, 319 WHP, 297 FT LBS, EFR, 91 octane, tuned at 5,200 ft, this run was at 4,200 ft.

I had the car in Sacramento a couple of months or so ago when it was not to hot out but warm enough for the sticky tires to hook up well in second gear, the car was significantly quicker there but I did not make a log run.

There may of been a bit more in the tune but we stopped working on it as switching to a GTX2860R which I hope is not to big but the GT25 series seemed a bit small for my "needs" though it looks like it might not be from RobK's results so far though the peak torque is very high in the RMP band. If the GTX2860R ends up a bit to laggy yet I will drop down to the GT25....

DHM EFR 6258 turbo kit
DHM big IC

-------------

GTX2860R and 5th injector, not yet installed.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I'll play with some low boost numbers from my Ghetto ATP 2560kit with my heavy inefficient J-line intercooler.

We are still adding boost and working on the tube but I figured I would add there to the thread

I'll play with some low boost numbers from my Ghetto ATP 2560kit with my heavy inefficient J-line intercooler.
We are still adding boost and working on the tube but I figured I would add there to the thread
How are you liking it so far? You are looking pretty close to were I left off with my stock fitting 2560R before the changes. I hope you can squeeze some more out of it, but we were only able to another couple psi earlier than what you have there in 70 deg weather, it really just refused to work any sooner than that.
It felt like to me (and probably to you as well looking at your curve) like just a good NA engine power band.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
How are you liking it so far? You are looking pretty close to were I left off with my stock fitting 2560R before the changes. I hope you can squeeze some more out of it, but we were only able to another couple psi earlier than what you have there in 70 deg weather, it really just refused to work any sooner than that.
It felt like to me (and probably to you as well looking at your curve) like just a good NA engine power band.
Honestly I'm very happy with it. It does pull like an N/A engine all the way to red line. I will bounce off the Rev limiter because it keeps pulling so hard lol. My power goal was 300wheel which we are danm close to. Yes it is a little laggy but I just drive the car like an N/A small engine import car. I do miss the stump pulling torque of the stock turbo, but I really would not trade being able to hold 20psi to redline for it.

[MENTION=2063]Dustys318[/MENTION] asked me to share this for him here is his Vdyno with the EWG cyborg
Thanks, bro!

I don't know why I was having so much trouble but thanks again for hooking me up.

Adam thinks the slight power dip from 4500 to 5500 is the long, factory intake pipe. I'll see what happens when I get the 2JR cowl intake in...

That sharp drop at the end was me getting off the throttle because of the slight popping that was going on before 6000rpms..

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Holy cow !! Smoothing on "1", lol. Dusty, if you wanna email the raw file, I'll post it up for you, prob on smoothing "2" though,'lol.
Hijinx and I also ran into that issue around 6200rpm. I think its combustion instability due to the injectors being over burdened. One of the main reason I think that is because fogging in Meth cleared it up 100%. I think the lowered injector duty cycle on the DFI injectors stabilized combustion. I'll bet you $1.25 for your aux fuel system makes it completely go away.

Holy cow !! Smoothing on "1", lol. Dusty, if you wanna email the raw file, I'll post it up for you, prob on smoothing "2" though,'lol.
Hijinx and I also ran into that issue around 6200rpm. I think its combustion instability due to the injectors being over burdened. One of the main reason I think that is because fogging in Meth cleared it up 100%. I think the lowered injector duty cycle on the DFI injectors stabilized combustion. I'll bet you $1.25 for your aux fuel system makes it completely go away.
Ha! I just wanted to post it as it showed, I didn't want anyone to think I was manipulating anything. I know the V-dyno isn't accurate but I've embarrassed two tuned STIs with this set up so it can't be too far off...