Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

7.1 Quake just now!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Yow... this one at 20:19 was brief in Hollywood, but more jolting than yesterdays for me in Marina Del Rey.
Rattled some nerves with no where to run :eek:

Yesterday's lasted like 40-50 seconds, this one was sharp and forceful where I am at.
The FiST is okay (y)

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It was a fun ride.
Now I don't need to go on a spirited drive.

Spork1569

Felt that all the way in Ventura too, was lying down and momentarily thought I owned a waterbed by how much it was jiggling side to side.

brbauer2

Wife's cousin just moved it to Vegas. He's paying that he's feeling these.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
several more came through, subtle but I feel for those near Ridgecrest where they've been getting continuous movement since yesterday.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Tonights was stronger feeling. Yesterdays was officially the pre cursor to todays,. Now all the freaked out people who moved here from out of state can leave. Lol scare your asses away. This is the second 7.1 I have been through and the other one I was 60 miles from the epi center so it did more damage.
Not afraid of Earthquakes they happen once in awhile and only big ones due damage in population areas . Rather be here than in Tornado alley or Hurricane central. Lol
I do hope the people around Ridgecrest are fairing ok. They must be quite rattled by now.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
watching the news and got to witness the ShakeAlert system work. The alert counted down 26 seconds to a quake that would roll through the LA basin and it was accurate. When the clock hit zero the quake could be felt, pretty neat.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
watching the news and got to witness the ShakeAlert system work. The alert counted down 26 seconds to a quake that would roll through the LA basin and it was accurate. When the clock hit zero the quake could be felt, pretty neat.
Cool stuff, ya I went for walk so did not feel any of the aftershocks.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The Sylmar quake in 1971 was only 6.6
The Northridge quake in 1994 was 6.7
Both of those felt stronger.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The Sylmar quake in 1971 was only 6.6
The Northridge quake in 1994 was 6.7
Both of those felt stronger.
Thats because you were right over the epi centers lol. IF you were in Ridgecrest you would probably be singing a different tune.
Plus Northridge was an upwards thrust fault while this was on a strike slip fault that moves side to side.
Northridge was the first upwards thrust quake felt in recorded history. The buildings were not even designed for that kind of shaking . Its like throwing a building up in air and then pulling it back down again.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
1971 and 1994? I wasn’t born yet [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonights was stronger feeling. Yesterdays was officially the pre cursor to todays,. Now all the freaked out people who moved here from out of state can leave. Lol scare your asses away. This is the second 7.1 I have been through and the other one I was 60 miles from the epi center so it did more damage.
Not afraid of Earthquakes they happen once in awhile and only big ones due damage in population areas . Rather be here than in Tornado alley or Hurricane central. Lol
I do hope the people around Ridgecrest are fairing ok. They must be quite rattled by now.
You can pop into a bunker for a tornado and you can drive away from a hurricane. Living in a subduction zone is just a matter of time. Good luck out there

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
That last one from yesterday had me feeling kinda woozy... Not unlike getting off an amusement park ride. I was feeling off for a good 30 minutes after it happened.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I was laying on the floor with my puppy, felt the ripples in Vegas for over 30 seconds

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I was laying on the floor with my puppy, felt the ripples in Vegas for over 30 seconds
You're in Vegas Ron? I need to spend my money at your shop instead of the tables when I'm in town.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
danbfree Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Troubleshooting 2