Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

7.1 Quake just now!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I was in the big San Francisco earthquake in '89. We were eating at a restaurant out on Pier 39, when the quake hit a big picture window started shaking, then bottles started falling off of the wall at the bar, and when we got up to try to run out the shaking knocked us to the ground. When we got off the pier to "solid" ground, there were cracks in the asphalt and steam was coming out of them. There was no power in Central San Francisco for days, I remember walking by high-rise hotels and seeing them grilling out hot dogs for the guests.
Being in an earthquake is definitely something that will get your attention. I wish the best of luck to all of you in California.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You can pop into a bunker for a tornado and you can drive away from a hurricane. Living in a subduction zone is just a matter of time. Good luck out there
Have fun with living on the frozen Tundra in Winter as well. Sorry but you ca stay right where you are thank you hunkering down in your bunker. LOL drive away from a Hurricane sure and come back to nothing left same with a Tornado lol. Oh and if you really want to get into a geology argument the New Madrid fault runs straight through the center of the U.S. and changed the course of the Mississippi in the 1840’s or roughly around that time. Go look it up.
Take a subduction zone that happens once every 20-100 years over Tornados and Hurricanes on a yearly basis thank you.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I was in the big San Francisco earthquake in '89. We were eating at a restaurant out on Pier 39, when the quake hit a big picture window started shaking, then bottles started falling off of the wall at the bar, and when we got up to try to run out the shaking knocked us to the ground. When we got off the pier to "solid" ground, there were cracks in the asphalt and steam was coming out of them. There was no power in Central San Francisco for days, I remember walking by high-rise hotels and seeing them grilling out hot dogs for the guests.
Being in an earthquake is definitely something that will get your attention. I wish you all the best of luck to all of you in California.
I was in Berkeley in Loma Prieta ( the Quake in 89) watched the roadway in front of the warehouse I was working in do 4 ft breakers. We just watched with our jaws hanging open. Shaking stopped and we got in our cars to go home. I lived in San Francisco. Got on the 880 to go to the bay bridge . Half the radio stations were off the off the air, finally got one and found out the bay bridge had a section collapse. Then found out a section of the cypress interchange had come down as well. Got off in Emeryville, went and called my mom she suggested I call my sister who lived in Berkeley . Wound up spending the night in Berkeley.
Next day after work drove home across the Richmond San Rafael Bridge and the Golden Gate.
The scene was post apocalyptic. Financial district had no power, So it was black the Marina had fires going on and the only lights were in the Sunset. Got back to our place in the Western addition ( by Haight and Golden Gate Park) and everything was fine, roommates were talking about it power was on.

Have fun with living on the frozen Tundra in Winter as well. Sorry but you ca stay right where you are thank you hunkering down in your bunker. LOL drive away from a Hurricane sure and come back to nothing left same with a Tornado lol. Oh and if you really want to get into a geology argument the New Madrid fault runs straight through the center of the U.S. and changed the course of the Mississippi in the 1840’s or roughly around that time. Go look it up.
Take a subduction zone that happens once every 20-100 years over Tornados and Hurricanes on a yearly basis thank you.
To each his own

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The scene was post apocalyptic. Financial district had no power, So it was black the Marina had fires going on and the only lights were in the Sunset.
I remember those fires in the Marina District. We had taken a cable car from Union Square where we were staying down to the pier before the quake. After the earthquake, the cable cars quit running so we walked back all the way across the city. That was one of the wilder walks of my life just seeing the impact it had on the city. That quake, the Loma Prieta Quake, I believe was reported as a 7.2 earthquake at the time.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Fires are worse than the earthquakes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
danbfree Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Troubleshooting 2