Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

7.5" Tread Width on Stock Rims

Anyone have experience running a little wide on stock wheels? Seems fine on paper but curious if anyone has first-hand accounts.
In particular interested in trying out the Yokohama ADVAN Fleva V701 215/40/17 for an application that sees 90% daily driving, 10% autocross / canyon carving.
Also thinking if I do pick up a new set of 7.5" or 8" wide wheels I can just swap these tires over without worrying about stretching.

No first hand experience, but I can't see it mattering. You're talking about a quarter inch less clearance on the inside.

On other rims they should work too. Tire rack lists the wheel width range as 7-8.5". I'm honestly surprised a 8.5" is acceptable, normally that would be considered a slight stretch.

OP
ToastAutoX
Thread Starter #3
No first hand experience, but I can't see it mattering. You're talking about a quarter inch less clearance on the inside.

On other rims they should work too. Tire rack lists the wheel width range as 7-8.5". I'm honestly surprised a 8.5" is acceptable, normally that would be considered a slight stretch.
Yeah I figured it'd just be a meaty sidewall but that's it. I'm on stock suspension w/ no spacers so I'm not worried at all about rubbing.

Thanks for weighing in!

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The FACTORY installed, 205/40-17 Pilot Sport All Season 3s are wider than that in tread width on the factory 7" wide Rados, (albeit slightly shorter in overall diameter than those Flevas). [wink]