Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What size winter tires?

All of us on here in North America only have Mk7s, as they were the only Fiesta STs ever sold here.
We don't know if the Mk8s have more, less, or an equal amount of room in their wheel wells, and to all of the suspension bits, etc.

Do the Mk8s come from the factory with 205/40-18s or 205/35-18s??
My winter tires are 205/45 17"

Mk8's factory are 205/40 18s, rim width 7.5, et 42.5

With alternatives:
6jx15 et45 ___ tires 195/60
7jx17 et42.5 ___ tires 205/45
For emergency spares:
5.5jx14 et37.5 ___ tires 175/65
6tx15 et42.0 ___ tires 125/80

The space there is quite narrow, deffinetly don't want to go to extremes where the tires will rub to something.

What about standard (non-ST) Fiesta wheels from a junk yard?
All used wheels I could get were damaged. Eventually I have ordered Autec Clubracing in silver. They are super light (7.7kg) and made with flow forming so should be a bit more sturdier and are TÜV certified. The dealer even rewarded me with safety bolts. I am looking forward to them, I will post a picture when they arrive.

All used wheels I could get were damaged. Eventually I have ordered Autec Clubracing in silver. They are super light (7.7kg) and made with flow forming so should be a bit more sturdier and are TÜV certified. The dealer even rewarded me with safety bolts. I am looking forward to them, I will post a picture when they arrive.
As promised, attaching a picture with the new wheels. To be honest I was expecting them to look better on the car xD But the more I look at it the better they look.
Autec Clubracing Silver 17x7,5 ET38

20201211_153816.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Those would actually look really good in white (and more 'rally-like' as well), despite being a major b**** to keep clean.

Anthracite/charcoal would also look good on that color Mk8. [wink]

Hey forum,

What's the tallest tire I can fit on stock rims, stock suspension, but with RallyArmors installed. It's time to switch from my winters and I need a tire that's good for Vancouver's mild rain but can still handle the mountain turns!

Thanks!!

Hey forum,

What's the tallest tire I can fit on stock rims, stock suspension, but with RallyArmors installed. It's time to switch from my winters and I need a tire that's good for Vancouver's mild rain but can still handle the mountain turns!

Thanks!!
Don't have experience with flaps, but off the top of my head, common summer tire choices w decent rain traction are continental extremecontact sport (popular with autocross crowd for rain/winter) and firehawk indy 500 (non-wide oval). I have personal experience with indy 500s. They're grippy and handle Vancouver rain well, but I find their contact patch runs pretty narrow so the car doesn't feel quite as on rails as on the stock tires (I'm on 205/45r16 tho, so may be different for the stock r17)

dejn

Hi guys, I might need to bump this up, Im in Europe and in possession of some semislicks for my old Ford Puma, which are on the factory puma fan blades, 195/50 r15 et34.
I would like to use these on the ST for track days as well, but of course its metal to metal on the fronts. The rears spin with no issue but the fronts wouldnt move at all.

Is there an easy solution (ie spacers without the need for longer bolts) to this? I have found here that from et35 it should be fine, where this would mean just getting 5mm pass through spacers should be fine?

Local spacer seller has discouraged me from buying 10mm ones without replacing the bolts for longer ones, though that would ruin the usage of my daily wheels I assume, plus it would be quite expensive as well.

Many thanks for whatever response, Ive googled everywhere.