Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2123242526272829303132 LastLast
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thanks for the answer. I've been considering several different tire sizes for my summer setup, and have been worried about rubbing with larger diameters. I want taller sidewalls (because of Michigan "roads" lol) but no rubbing, so I've been trying to figure out the best compromise between handling performance/feedback, ride quality, cost, etc, and I'm thinking that 205/50R16 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 on 16x7 wheels will be my best bet since they will be just slightly shorter than yours which may avoid rubbing entirely. I have no plans to lower my vehicle at all, it would be suicidal with the roads around here.

Senior Member 323 Rep Points danbfree's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    Originally, Tire Rack wouldn't send the tires. They have service reps that analyse what car you have and if the tires you ordered will fit. Didn't know that until after they sent me an email about 3 days after the order. I had to send one back saying what wheels I did have on the car. The order was shipped the same day.

So, apparently they wouldn't fit the OEM wheels. Double check the fit with 215/40's at a local tire shop before you buy (if you purchase them online).
    Huh, this size is done all the time on stock wheels, in fact, they help the tire not be as stretched... I'm not ordering from Tire Rack, they don't carry 215/40/17 in what I want anyway, likely Nitto Neo Gen for about $375/set on SimpleTire...

Name:  Nitto.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  23.4 KB
    '17 Magnetic - black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.
    To Do: Intercooler, Eibach springs, tint. Really, not much else :)

Senior Member 1255 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    Originally, Tire Rack wouldn't send the tires. They have service reps that analyse what car you have and if the tires you ordered will fit. Didn't know that until after they sent me an email about 3 days after the order. I had to send one back saying what wheels I did have on the car. The order was shipped the same day.

So, apparently they wouldn't fit the OEM wheels. Double check the fit with 215/40's at a local tire shop before you buy (if you purchase them online).
    Most of the available 215/40-17s list a 7" wide wheel as the lowest width possible to use for that size.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    Most of the available 215/40-17s list a 7" wide wheel as the lowest width possible to use for that size.
    Yep, I would be going 7.5" if/when I buy new wheels, but think I'll be fine with my black OEM ones for a while as long as I stay at that tire size...
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just picked up some BFG Sport Comp IIs in 215/45/17 on stock wheels with Bilstein PSS 14s all the way up. Seem to be doing quite well. A little nicer on bumpy roads. Pics to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.mcniven View Post
    Just picked up some BFG Sport Comp IIs in 215/45/17 on stock wheels with Bilstein PSS 14s all the way up. Seem to be doing quite well. A little nicer on bumpy roads. Pics to follow.
    No rubbing on stock height? I was planning on the 215 part at least, that will give you a touch more sidewall too, but I'm gonna do some Eibach springs so I don't think I could push to 45 series too...

Member 158 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for opinions.

I'm getting tires in about a month. I dont drive very much anymore and rarely in the rain. Witch one of these would yall chose?

I know they are different but looking for some cheap grip. Other recommendations will be researched.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From all that I've read, the Firestones are the way to go.

My used '14 had a set on it when I bought it. They are rebranded Bridgestones.

However, I'm swapping them out for a set of General G-MAX AS-05s for the winter. I've already experienced first-hand how poorly the Firestones grip when the temps drop.
    Last edited by DARKseid; 01-12-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    2014 Fiesta ST - Ingot Silver - Recaros are nice
    2015 F150 Lariat FX4 - Magnetic - 501A (sold)
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT - Black Mica- All the bolt-ons except a big turbo - 311hp / 345 tq on 93 pump SKITTLES tune - 12.94@109mph on Hoosier QTPs (sold)

New Member 10 Rep Points FistToFast's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    No rubbing on stock height? I was planning on the 215 part at least, that will give you a touch more sidewall too, but I'm gonna do some Eibach springs so I don't think I could push to 45 series too...
    I have 17x8 wheels with 215/40/17 and I'm lowered on MeisterR coilovers, probably a 1-2 in drop front and back and don't rub. So I can't speak for the Eibach springs, but if it's close to mine you can definitely fit 40 series, but 45 will likely rub.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by FistToFast View Post
    I have 17x8 wheels with 215/40/17 and I'm lowered on MeisterR coilovers, probably a 1-2 in drop front and back and don't rub. So I can't speak for the Eibach springs, but if it's close to mine you can definitely fit 40 series, but 45 will likely rub.
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, the Eibach are only a 0.8" drop and most coilovers are usually a minimum drop of 1.2", so indeed I shouldn't have any problems going either 215 or 45 but doing both would probably be pushing it even with more mild drop springs.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2123242526272829303132 LastLast