Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #381
i havent noticed drone with mine on the highway, but if i had stock motor mounts and exhaust i bet i would. i mainly hear them while decelerating. thats when theyre the most noticable. these tires are just as good or come close to the best out there in terms of grip, but at their price point, i will only be buying these from now on. even in winter. they heat up very fast. check your pressure before a drive and just drive a few miles normal and check them again. i had one with an nail in it and my tire light came on. i checked the other tires while i was putting air in the low one. after about 3 miles i went from 39 psi to 47 psi. this was around dawn when it was around 70 outside before the sun was shining on the road.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Will do. Thanks. Dealer set mine at 32 all around and tpms triggered a warning light. Haven't driven much though since I got it back.

What psi do you run and does it keep the low tire pressure light off? I'm setting them at 34 tomorrow.

Will do. Thanks. Dealer set mine at 32 all around and tpms triggered a warning light. Haven't driven much though since I got it back.

What psi do you run and does it keep the low tire pressure light off? I'm setting them at 34 tomorrow.
i put them on the factory specs. 39 front 36 rear, but that is pretty agressive already. im not sure when the light comes on. around 29 or 30 psi i think. if the dealer put them when it was hottest in the day that could be why. theyre very sensative tires to temp. if you can get nitrogen it might work better, but i havent tried....didnt want to pay $20 for the most common element in the atmosphere lol

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #383
i put them on the factory specs. 39 front 36 rear, but that is pretty agressive already. im not sure when the light comes on. around 29 or 30 psi i think. if the dealer put them when it was hottest in the day that could be why. theyre very sensative tires to temp. if you can get nitrogen it might work better, but i havent tried....didnt want to pay $20 for the most common element in the atmosphere lol

Cool thx. I need to drive them some, just drove straight home from the install in the rain. Often some driving lets it recalibrate and the light should go off. I'm thinking of keeping them a bit underinflated than the 39f36r to get a bit better traction.

Thanks again for the recommendation, I love these tires and look forward to getting some driving in.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #384
This week I gassed up and loaded my e30 tune, haven't done that in a couple years because the car is fast enough on 93. Forgot how much quicker 25 more whp is. Dang. Mostly useless before 40mph but still even under 40mph the power comes on much quicker.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #388
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #390
SOLD!

Goodbye post/video in another thread!

CRX FTW! I had an 87 and a 89 Si once upon a time. Probably the closest thing I've to the FiST that isn't the FiST. Great little cars but both met untimely, early deaths. Best of luck to you Jeff!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I can't believe she's gone. Idk why I'm so sad. It's not even my car.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #394
Aww thanks guys. New owner is enjoying it and I have zero regrets, don't think about it much actually. So many cars to drive and enjoy, so little time. Life is short....do what you love and be thankful for each day, nothing is guaranteed and life is precious.