Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

jeff

2000 Post Club
UPDATED 06/22/21 - current mod list:

2015 Fiesta ST
Tux black/Recaros/roof/NAV/grey wheels/red calipers

BOOMBA quick adapter - short throw - base bushings - bracket bushings - wing risers
CFM baffled billet valve cover breather kit
COBB AP/mount - FMIC - hangers - downpipe
DARK ICE DESIGNS double hood gas struts
DIODE DYNAMICS LED fogs
FEDERAL 595 RS-PRO 215/40/17 tires
FORD all-weather ST mats - ST shift knob - Focus adjustable leather headrests
GO FAST BITS DV+
HOTCHKIS Rear sway bar
ME symposer delete - front plate delete - tint 35% - red "Ford" overlays - e-brake cover - Homelink - vinyl signals 38% - graphite @ lower dams & "Fiesta" - lip - ECOBEAST badge - X47 badge - pulse 3rd brake light - grey vinyl swoosh decals - build number plaque - custom ported manifold - LEDs interior - shifter bezel - underhood bling - interior trim bling - start button trim - red grill trim - spline drive lug nuts - hub centric rings - LEDs reverse - LEDs low beams - sticker mod rear shelf insert - IAT spacer mod - sequential LED mirror blinkers - steering wheel trim cap + cupholder bling - sequential LED mirror signals
MOTUL 300 Gear lube
MOUNTUNE CBE - springs - hybrid RMM
NGK 6510 Iridium plugs
NOPISTONS dead pedal
PENNZOIL Platinum full synthetic 5w-20 oil
PIERCE MOTORSPORTS rear torsion bar - 6pt chassis brace - trunk brace
POWERFLEX passenger side engine mount insert - driver side transmission mount insert
PUMASPEED X47 - uprated pulley - gel badges
RALLY ARMOR universal mudflaps
RAMAIR crossover pipe - induction pipe - panel filter
RLG padded armrest - shift boot
ROTA Grids 17x8 hyperblack
TUNE + tune - WGA
VELOSSATECH emblems - BIG MOUTH
WHOOSH J-pipe - silicone charge pipe kit

********************************************************************************
Final dyno graphs, 93 octane and e30 tunes:

********************************************************************************

Hello Fiesta people! I joined up yesterday and here we have my build thread. Thanks for looking.

On my last few builds ('05 STi 4 years, '04 TSX 3 years) I've been the guy who posted thousands of times and experimented and put on a bigger turbo and did every conceivable thing aside from an engine build to his car.

But I'm gonna lay lower here, I'm in a different place in life right now so just a few mods maybe until a few years down the road.

Car is 2015 ST with Recaros, sunroof, NAV, grey wheels/red calipers. Bought last week with 4,601 miles for $19,500. Found the perfect deal 30 minutes away on the exact color and options I wanted. Thanks to God for the little things in life.

So far I've:
...added all-weather floor mats
...added a dead pedal
...removed front plate bracket/plugged holes
...removed rear ST badge
...painted Fiesta badge graphite
...tint (previous owner)

Planned mods:
...Cobb stage 1/panel filter
...RMM
...Short throw, not sure which brand
...Ford emblem overlays throughout

There may be a few other smaller things but I don't have big plans now, just want to enjoy the car in its newness. After an insane STi build I've gotten straight line I-can-take-an-M3 speed out of my system - for me the pleasure of this car is its uniqueness and well-rounded nature. I've done a tone of wrenching myself but I'm tired of taking my car apart for a season, so I'm only planning a few mods. I'll spend the next few weeks reading all the other build threads and gets some more ideas I am sure.

Thanks for looking and for all other build thread inspiration.

Last edited:
Would be nice to see your previous cars if you don't mind posting some pics of your builds! The fiesta is definitely off to a good start! And I think everyone who's bought this car said the same thing about modding it... And then went all out.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Would be nice to see your previous cars if you don't mind posting some pics of your builds! The fiesta is definitely off to a good start! And I think everyone who's bought this car said the same thing about modding it... And then went all out.
Yes I know the mod bug well and it carried me forward about +125 horsepower on my Subaru. I've done turbo upgrades, full exhaust, custom tune, insanely thick sway bars, a zillion appearance mods....but as I said I'm in a different place now and don't think I'll go crazy with this car. I'm content and don't have to be the fastest guy out there anymore. I think that's true anyway I guess we will see. But if I change my mind beyond the minor mods I mentioned earlier I have a great car to mod that's for sure.

Previous builds....let me dig up some old pictures....here are the last 4 or 5 of my cars, this goes back about 9 years...

Edit: Photobucket struck, lost all my pictures. Sorry.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the 6th gear issue only occurred on some of the early models of the Mountune QuickShift, and they adjusted the design ever so slightly to compensate and remediate the issue.

I've had mine on for quite a bit, no issues so far. Nice thread! TB is definitely the best.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I've spent the last week reading through a bunch of you guys' build threads and it's been inspiring. I didn't realize how cheaply power could be added to this car - initially I was only considering intake and stage 1 flash, which are coming in the next few months once I sell off a few things to pay for them....but for only ~$1000 more a larger FMIC and DP can be had. Dang! Fiestas are cheap to mod! So I'm working up a list that might get purchased earlier than I'd planned. All the installs look simple enough and with a new car bolts aren't as tight and things aren't dirty or rusty, making it easier.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
After reading Jeffs build thread I think this forum may need a Modders Anonymous. This thread clearly shows the progression of addiction.
Hahaha yes. Well I've been doing serious mods for about 10 years and really my plans aren't nearly as all-encompassing as in past cars. The initial $1000 or so investment (stage 1.5) was a no-brainer, but then seeing what a second $1000 can do convinced me. Around 300 tq is where I'm happy. Beyond there in my estimation you've hit the law of diminishing returns unless you spend thousands and thousands more. So I've played this game enough to know where the stopping point is, and I think a simple stage 3 setup will be enough for me, and since I'm installing everything myself I should be able to get there for around $2000 start to finish. I'm not interested in any suspension mods, the car rides just fine for me. I like the OEM wheels so they'll stay.

We'll see.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
OK last night I scored a used-only-3-months (seller a member here? I wonder) Cobb stage 1 kit (RMM, panel filter, AP3, etc.) for $403 shipped....not bad compared to $650 new. It's on the way along with some overlays and my Boomba shift adapter so I should see my first mod goals reached in a week or so.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Overlays arrived and installed. I also plasti-dipped the chrome ring surrounding them. The rear turned out well but the front not-so well - I was trying to clean my front porch at the same time, got impatient, and didn't let the PD set long enough so it came out looking bad. I'll redo it in a few days and post pics. For now:

Edit: Pics removed due to Photobucket debacle. [:(!]

I did the steering wheel too but no pic. That huge metal looking piece on the wheel is bothering me, I think eventually I'll cover it with a piece of flat black vinyl.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Just after that last post I had a eureka moment and somehow remembered I had a bunch of flat black vinyl sitting around leftover from my Acura days. That stuff is so easy to work with and is forgiving - the perfect thing to finish this emblem project. 10 minute later I had the front finished and it looks great...sorry for poor quality pic, dark and cell phone:

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Nice thread so far. Which rear cargo mat did you go with?
Thanks. I ordered the one that fits the ST, but they sent me one that said "Fiesta" and was way too big. Called them, 4 days later a second "Fiesta" mat showed up. Called them, finally the right one showed up, it has the ST logo and fits perfectly.

your overlay project turned out really well. where did u pick up those overlays?
Thanks, I'm really happy with it. The overlays are here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171841706874

Arrived in just a few days from Canada. Great quality and look. We'll see how they hold up in the weather. $28 shipped for all three. I PD'd the rear and vinyl'd the front. I'll get some better pictures with Canon soon, the ones I posted aren't too great, just iPhone pics. Been so busy lately but hope to get some decent pictures.

I appreciate you guys stopping in. Seems most of the traffic on this forum is for the super modders! I'm still working my way through the build threads, I'll be sure to check yours out.

In other news, my Boomba adapter arrived yesterday, hope to install this afternoon as time allows. I sold another guitar and some parts I'd taken off my Corolla (which sold last week) so I've got the cash for an intake, I'm in the process of researching to see which one to go with. Looking to be CP-E or Cobb from what I've read so far.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
So today I installed the Boomba adapter. I forgot what it was like to work on a Ford; other than my Ranger a few years ago, it's been imports only for the last 20 years. Things make sense in a different kind of way. Using the tools below I had it installed in a mere 10 minutes:

This is a decent mod, I'd rate it a 2 out of 5. There is no dramatic change, just a slight one. But it reminded me of how good the Fiesta's shifter already is - easy, smooth, natural. This only enhanced that and it was $80 well spent. Now I just need them to send me that beanie and I will be very happy.

When driving around the block for a quick test drive I realized how obnoxious the seat belt reminder can become - I didn't strap mine and after about 60 seconds that thing goes into Defcon 5.

[cool]

Here's a better pic of my overlay/vinyl job....still haven't gotten my Canon out but these are better than the earlier iPhone pics I took:

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
So today I ordered some ST overlays along with my CP-E intake.

Also I made some black vinyl overlays for my wheel caps:

However, I peeled them off after a few hours because the car is starting to look evil.

Then, the mailwoman showed up with my (eBay used $403 shipped) Cobb stage 1 package which contains the RMM, panel filter, and AP. All was in perfect or near perfect condition, I was happy. I was surprised to see that the filter is actually a Green filter; I called Cobb and they verified that this is true. However it took me 2 hours to get the AP working on my car because the previous owner apparently bought it right when the AP came out and never updated it once. It was not able to update because of this backlog but after 4 calls to Cobb and them walking me through the 'Cobb list of fancy tricks to make an AP work' we finally got it updated.

It's late so I was only able to take a very quick drive, only a couple of miles in the dark. But first impressions are that the car is indeed a different sort of party now. With the panel filter I can hear some intake and spool noise which is nice. I look forward to driving tomorrow to see what happens.

The notes said max pressure was 20.5 on my OTS stage 1 93 octane tune so this number is a little higher, not sure why that is.

[wrenchin]

A good day for my car. A bit frustrating with all the calls to Cobb but they were swell folks and all seems to be as it should now.

EDIT: I was just updating my sig with a mod list and realized that it's only been 19 days of ownership and I've already achieved every one of my goals for my first year of ownership, with more parts on the way. Certainly did not plan on that!!

Last edited:

C. love

Get used to progressing quicker in mods than planned. These cars respond so well to mods that you cant help but mess with them on a regular basis. I like the overlays BTW look real good. when is the Catless DP coming ? LMAO!! [strongman] just playin. And i agree with the seat belt dinger being a giant ninny but hey reminds you to but that belt on though lol

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Get used to progressing quicker in mods than planned. These cars respond so well to mods that you cant help but mess with them on a regular basis. I like the overlays BTW look real good. when is the Catless DP coming ? LMAO!! [strongman] just playin. And i agree with the seat belt dinger being a giant ninny but hey reminds you to but that belt on though lol
Hey thanks for the kudos. I didn't realize how cheap it is to mod this car compared to my prior Subaru build. For a mere $2000 start to finish, a serious bump in power can be had. So.....

Yeah the overlays are nice, I'm happy with them.

Catless DP was my first plan but then I thought more about it and decided to just disconnect the entire turboback and run it without exhaust, that should provide the most power and sound.

[poke]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
This just showed up:

My CP-E intake.

Also found a used Cobb DP for a decent price and snagged it for the future, it's on the way.

Last edited:
OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
Love that intake. Keep the mods rollin'!
Thank you sir!

Today I installed my Cobb RMM. It took exactly 45 minutes, 30 minutes of which was trying to align one of the 4 bolts upon reinstallation. I did it on 2 front ramps and I'm not sure if it was that or some other reason but it was difficult to get both mount bolts (the long ones) engaged at once. I jacked the engine ever so slightly and they went right in.

Took a quick drive around the neighborhood - tends to be my norm as it's always after work or getting dark when I finish an install - only drove 30 mpg/1 mile but I can feel a nice difference especially when releasing the clutch, not dramatic but noticeable. Car feels a tad more solid and a tad faster without that slop. I've done mounts many times and they sure can make a difference in the way the car seems to accelerate - without all the slop of the worn or rubbery OEM mounts there is better power transfer....but you all knew that. Talking to myself here.

Good mod. I look forward to tomorrow when I'll be able to experience the difference much more.

FINAL THOUGHT - this is amazing - this car is so small that it fits in my garage with the garage door closed, and then can be driven on and off ramps with the door still closed...with several feet still to spare. Insane.

Last edited: