Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #301
Can these be changed out without removing the whole bumper?
Yeah like I said in the video, install is simple:

1. Jack car for more room in wheel well (as wheels droop)
2. Turn wheel away for more room on respective side
3. Remove x2 T25 screws
4. Remove x2 plastic retainers
5. Bend back liner
6. Unplug light
7. Remove x2 T25 screws
8. Light out
9. Install new light in reverse order

PRO TIP: Test LED after plugging in before re-installing screws.

Only takes a few minutes.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah like I said in the video, install is simple:

1. Jack car for more room in wheel well (as wheels droop)
2. Turn wheel away for more room on respective side
3. Remove x2 T25 screws
4. Remove x2 plastic retainers
5. Bend back liner
6. Unplug light
7. Remove x2 T25 screws
8. Light out
9. Install new light in reverse order

PRO TIP: Test LED after plugging in before re-installing screws.

Only takes a few minutes.
I do believe you can also remove the headlights and get to them if my memory serves me correctly...but then again.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

CSM

1000 Post Club
Hey Jeff, I'm in Atlanta,

I was wondering if you might be going to JST's Open House and Dyno day this weekend? I was thinking about going Saturday morning. Recently installed a Cobb AP, Intercooler and Dizzy Stage 2 tune and would like to see what she is putting down now

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #304
Hey Jeff, I'm in Atlanta,

I was wondering if you might be going to JST's Open House and Dyno day this weekend? I was thinking about going Saturday morning. Recently installed a Cobb AP, Intercooler and Dizzy Stage 2 tune and would like to see what she is putting down now
I heard about the event but I'm busy doing family stuff this weekend. My buddy Daniel who lives right down the road who has the 408hp FiST said he planned to go though, look for a black 2015.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #305
I found a used No Pistons 3/8" pedal spacer and thought why not. Installed in 10 minutes and I've gotta say wow I was sure the rave reviews of these were placebo but it really makes a nice noticeable difference in daily driving not to mention the heel toe possibilities. Go read the reviews of these on Amazon, this is a worthy mod, super easy to install and a difference you can feel every day.

Bonus Halloween picture of my daughter aka Rey...yes that is a genuine working lightsaber:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I found a used No Pistons 3/8" pedal spacer and thought why not. Installed in 10 minutes and I've gotta say wow I was sure the rave reviews of these were placebo but it really makes a nice noticeable difference in daily driving not to mention the heel toe possibilities. Go read the reviews of these on Amazon, this is a worthy mod, super easy to install and a difference you can feel every day.

Bonus Halloween picture of my daughter aka Rey...yes that is a genuine working lightsaber:

I have a dead pedal lighted up for deadly I have to install....thanks for the Reminder Jeff! I was a Turkey for Halloween!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #308
Well the time has come for an ethanol tune for this car. Previously I wasn't interested in this because we have no ethanol nearby but it seems there actually is a station just 20 minutes from me. So I got all my supplies ready and my base tune and hope to put some e30 in the car in the next few days when I can get over there, and then start datalogging and tune revisions. Adam my tuner said that the results would be about the same as my race gas concentrate tune, it will be cheaper but also lower mpgs. I'm also hearing less HP and more TQ than the RG tune. We shall see. Half the fun for me is doing this and then datalogging and comparing the 93 with the RG with the e30 tune. So I'll hope to get all that done and post some thoughts on the results.

I got x2 3 gallon (actually about 3.5) tanks which means I can fill the car and both tanks and that will get me 3 fill-ups before needing more ethanol.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Well the time has come for an ethanol tune for this car. Previously I wasn't interested in this because we have no ethanol nearby but it seems there actually is a station just 20 minutes from me. So I got all my supplies ready and my base tune and hope to put some e30 in the car in the next few days when I can get over there, and then start datalogging and tune revisions. Adam my tuner said that the results would be about the same as my race gas concentrate tune, it will be cheaper but also lower mpgs. I'm also hearing less HP and more TQ than the RG tune. We shall see. Half the fun for me is doing this and then datalogging and comparing the 93 with the RG with the e30 tune. So I'll hope to get all that done and post some thoughts on the results.

I got x2 3 gallon (actually about 3.5) tanks which means I can fill the car and both tanks and that will get me 3 fill-ups before needing more ethanol.

Excited to see how this goes!

I'm new to E85 in GA. I've got a station about 2 miles from my house that I've tested the content a few times now....it's consistently 83% EtOH, hopefully you find the same in your neck of the woods

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It will be nice to see the difference between the three. My bet is the race gas especially since you're on the stock fuel system and it has more energy in it. I think a E mix overall of some type can make more power but would need additional fueling to make up for the lower energy content.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #311
It will be nice to see the difference between the three. My bet is the race gas especially since you're on the stock fuel system and it has more energy in it. I think a E mix overall of some type can make more power but would need additional fueling to make up for the lower energy content.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing, back in the day when I was first researching fuel mix options I came to the same conclusion. Even if the ethanol tune is less power it's actually cheaper than a tank of 93 and will make a good bit more power though less miles per tank so it probably about evens out in the end. Still the RG concentrate tune is bonkers and pretty useless on the street in the winter so the ethanol might be a more balanced "high power" tune for the car as opposed to the RG tune. The car is my daily so I'm not trying to kill it just wanting something that will keep up with a V6 Camry...

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Just 30% is not going to make a huge difference in mpg. I ha heard ppl getting 10% less using 100% e85. So it cant be that bad. Plz correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Just 30% is not going to make a huge difference in mpg. I ha heard ppl getting 10% less using 100% e85. So it cant be that bad. Plz correct me if I am wrong.

I never saw much difference in mpg running E30 with the stock turbo.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #315
No auxiliary fuel needed?
It's not necessary, my car will not go much past 300whp if I don't get aux fuel though but I'm not interested in that expense/upgrade.

I never saw much difference in mpg running E30 with the stock turbo.
My car went from a consistent 30 mpg (370 miles/tank) to 26 (310 miles/tank) so I've lost about 17% mpg.

I left detailed thoughts of the e30 tune on my review thread if anyone is interested in my ramblings:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...n-hybrid-X47-info-review-documentation-thread

Got a few new things in the mail for my car recently...

- some swag
- some hybrid wax..."Car Guys" brand...splurged on this because I had some birthday money to waste...meh...
- a replacement blend door actuator...mine was replaced under warranty but that was about 3 years ago and it's about time for it to break so I figured I'd get one on my shelf...
- a Pumaspeed lightweight drive pulley...this is a cheap upgrade and if it performs like the same part did on my Acura years ago it will be well worth the expense. Install shouldn't be bad, my friend Daniel aka [MENTION=4142]SwAp GaS[/MENTION] graciously offered to help install, as I'm not very familiar with pulleys, so once we get the part on provided the car doesn't blow up I'll post a review.
- also got a magnetic sump plug which I don't think I'll use, I prefer my Fumoto but I grabbed it since it was cheap, I'll probably sell or give it away

I'll update in a while once installed, I'm busy all the next week but we will see when I can get this done.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
If by sump plug you mean magnetic drain plug I'm down for a free or cheap one. Been planning on getting one it just keeps slipping my mind.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I too saw consistent 30+mpg on my 93 tune, and when I went to E30 it dropped to about 24-26mpg.

Curious to see how the pully upgrade goes

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I had heard it was a 10% drop in mpg. So both of your results are close.