Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Keep radio on after shutting off car

How do I keep the radio on after I've turned the car off? For example at the Drive-In? It stays on for about 10 minutes if you don't open a door, but shuts off as soon as you open a door.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I dont think you can but if someone knows a secret, let us know cause enquiring minds wanna know!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
No Nav and I get the 10 minute shut down like all my past cars all i do is cycle the on off switch or push button depending on car If i recall correctly

TheStig

don't press the clutch, press the start button once or twice and it will go to accessory? I mean your lights and stuff will be on.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
With the key fob within range, like inside the vehicle, push the radio power button. Radio comes on without the ignition. To switch the radio off, push the button again. Do your NA vehicles have a power, on/off button?.

Perry

Don't depress the clutch; push Start button and hold for a couple seconds. Electrical systems come on; remain on for 30 minutes, I believe, or until someone opens door or turns things off by pressing the Start button.

Perry

I would like for only the radio to stay on tho
Ah. I've not had a car that would do only that since probably 1983. Turning to the "Accessory" position I think always allowed for whatever electrical items to run, etc. With the audio wrapped up in the Sync/My Ford Touch device, I don't think it's possible to have just the radio on, though I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
All my previous hondas had the option to keep just the radio on. Never had to go to ignition on position.

Perry

Huh. I didn't know my Hondas would do that. At any rate, sorry I can't be of more help. I'm tapped out on this one.

My Yukon stays on till a door opens...actually, everything works till the door opens...windows, wipers..etc...

With the key fob within range, like inside the vehicle, push the radio power button. Radio comes on without the ignition. To switch the radio off, push the button again. Do your NA vehicles have a power, on/off button?.
This worked for me...door opened and everything...I've been trying to figure this out since I got the FiST in July lol...thanks Sekred

Just a update...it still shut off on its own after a bit

haste

1000 Post Club
My '02 Focus SVT radio works for an hour until automatically shutting off if turned on without the key in the ignition. I imagine Ford has implemented something similar into their newer vehicles...

If you want the radio to be on while the car is technically not.. all you have to do is push the power button on your dashboard to turn on your ford my touch screen. It should stay on for an hour or so

I am trying to find out how to set the radio off when I shut off the car. With push button starts, I always have to remind to look at dash if the car has been shut off or not because the radio is on even when I shut the car off.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
So the problem is, the radio doesn't shut off when you open the door with the ignition off?
If the radio doesn't automatically shutoff after ten minutes or so, that would make for two different problems.

Does the vehicle recognize when the driver door is opened/closed?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I am trying to find out how to set the radio off when I shut off the car. With push button starts, I always have to remind to look at dash if the car has been shut off or not because the radio is on even when I shut the car off.
I find it super obvious when I turn off the car and the radio stayed on, but I added the Climate screen with Forscan and now can't get it to stay on for 10 minutes like I want, it's now is stuck turning off with the engine.... SOOOO, I think it's easy to say that it's very easy to change a bit in Forscan and disable that completely if you want, hehe... I joke but seriously, it's pretty easy to do with a OBDII adapter and a Windows PC, you literally just change a 9 to a 0 and hit flash and it's done.