Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Suspension settings

Ok so I want to do some road course track days and need help getting a starting point on the suspension settings I'm currently using st xta coil overs and st sway bars what is everyone running in caster camber and toe front/back. Also what about a shock setting to get me started? Prably to much in one post any help is appreciated

Have you done any track days or autox before?

Drive the car as it is, do a few laps, see how the car handles and what you don't like about it, pull into the hotpits, adjust dampers, go out again. Useful understeer/oversteer charts:
http://www.spda-online.ca/content.php?98-Understeer-Oversteer-Flowchart

If possible, I'd avoid running those RE71R. Too much grip, you'd need to push really hard on your first day to figure out how the car actually handles.

If possible, I'd avoid running those RE71R. Too much grip, you'd need to push really hard on your first day to figure out how the car actually handles.
I went to RE71R after my first couple autocross events, and I'm very happy I did. Huge difference. Yes, probably needs a could laps to warm them up properly, but once done it's amazing. Really lets you push the car to the limit and still gives you very confident grip. My stage 3 Fiesta was posting better times than stage 3 Focus and Porsche Boxter/Cayman. With the stock Potenzas I was sliding around too much, and would lose traction in second gear wot coming out of a turn into a straight.

OP
15pbfist
Thread Starter #4
Have you done any track days or autox before?

Drive the car as it is, do a few laps, see how the car handles and what you don't like about it, pull into the hotpits, adjust dampers, go out again. Useful understeer/oversteer charts:
http://www.spda-online.ca/content.php?98-Understeer-Oversteer-Flowchart

Thankyou for the flow chart will use this
No I have done no track days or autox I did a couple laps at gingerman but that's about it so I can put the stock tires back on and start to figure out the characteristics of the car

OP
15pbfist
Thread Starter #5
I went to RE71R after my first couple autocross events, and I'm very happy I did. Huge difference. Yes, probably needs a could laps to warm them up properly, but once done it's amazing. Really lets you push the car to the limit and still gives you very confident grip. My stage 3 Fiesta was posting better times than stage 3 Focus and Porsche Boxter/Cayman. With the stock Potenzas I was sliding around too much, and would lose traction in second gear wot coming out of a turn into a straight.

Are you running stock toe and camber?