Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CMbuildz pacman brake duct shrouds

Ok guys I have 10 sets ready going to start shipping out next week. I'm including just the front right and front left duct as a DIY kit. You would have to source your own fire retardant hose and be creative on running the tubes.

$115 shipped

Key features:
-.090 T6 6061 aluminum
-utilizes all 3 factory mounting bolts
-takes place of factory dust shield
-can still be used and functional with larger rotors
-2" hole to accept 2" flame retardant cooling hose
-tig welded to assure strength
-corrosion resistant
-perfect fit every time

View attachment 7968
View attachment 7969
View attachment 7970
View attachment 7971

no-pistons

Since you asked, I could water jet these out and probably sell them for half of your original asking price and still make a good profit.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #3
Since you asked, I could water jet these out and probably sell them for half of your original asking price and still make a good profit.
Noted but $90 shipped would be nice but isn't realistic. How much does it cost in electricity to run a water jet? Pay a Programmer? Pay a Welder ?

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
At $90-100 I would be game but $150-200 bucks is way to much for that product sorry. If it was a complete kit maybe you could charge that price, but for a total diy set up its just not worth that price point. I understand as a small guy your overhead and manufacturing costs are high but this product just isn't worth that much money.At least, in its current form.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #5
At $90-100 I would be game but $150-200 bucks is way to much for that product sorry. If it was a complete kit maybe you could charge that price, but for a total diy set up its just not worth that price point. I understand as a small guy your overhead and manufacturing costs are high but this product just isn't worth that much money.At least, in its current form.
Price of brake shrouds is set. As for a DIY kit the only thing is to purchase tubing and being creative on running them. Not very hard. Thanks for the responses

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #7
Installed on my car... For any DIY guys this should be a no brainier. I'm still having fun with ducting ideas. Currently running them on the sides of the j line with fit great and seems to be the most high pressure area at the moment. In one pic you notice I have a awesome idea of putting them on the driver and passenger side air duct but unfortunately my duct hose was to short. I think that would be a great spot if I could make some kinda divider to both inlets. Thanks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450244161.048231.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450244182.433895.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450244195.900861.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450244208.552340.jpg

This is what I will eventually do
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450244241.923688.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450244265.760191.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450244311.866937.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450244337.370064.jpg

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #8
CMbuildz brake duct shroud for the win
Open duct holes 174 degree
Closed duct holes 234 degrees
60 degree difference

Camarillo autocross event

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450551777.514085.jpg

I can't agree with you. The quality that I can see in the pictures is on par with the pricing.

This link is a mustang brake duct shroud for 40 bucks more. The pricing is great!

http://www.jegs.com/i/Kenny+Brown+P...1&cadevice=t&gclid=CNHiwZeE68kCFZOBfgodhQMM0w

JPGC

2000 Post Club
CMbuildz brake duct shroud for the win
Open duct holes 174 degree
Closed duct holes 234 degrees
60 degree difference

Camarillo autocross event

View attachment 8068
Have you tested these on a car with the Willwood BBK on the fronts. Might be a good deal for us with that kit as it also adds a dust shield on top of the cooling.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #11
Have you tested these on a car with the Willwood BBK on the fronts. Might be a good deal for us with that kit as it also adds a dust shield on top of the cooling.
They were design for stock caliper but of course can be modified with ease to accept the larger caliper that wilwood provides. I'm attaching a picture to see what would need to be modified.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450644593.955418.jpg

Chuckable

I think that SiestaRider tested these out and had some recommendations on moving the inlet. Do you have any plans to revise the design and re-test?

Siestarider

My testing proved to me that these shields/ducts cool brake rotor and caliper measurably better than stock. Suggestions for improvement were just that.

I may try heat forming some ABS to graft onto the inside of duct, open a hole in side and try to direct more air to optimum location inside rotor hub, and test again, but have more undertray testing and total cooling issues for track testing also going on, so cannot promise results immediately.

Plus Cyborg waiting patiently on the shelf. New Rivals on track wheels ready to go late March. Life is good.

Chuckable

I may try heat forming some ABS to graft onto the inside of duct, open a hole in side and try to direct more air to optimum location inside rotor hub, and test again, but have more undertray testing and total cooling issues for track testing also going on, so cannot promise results immediately.
My apologies for mis-stating. Based on your quote above, though, I thought that you'd suggested moving the inlet closer to the center of the hub.

Will be testing my set on May 10th on a brand new track. I am routing my tubing through a 3inch to 2inch reducer and removing my fog lights. Will post pictures when I get a free weekend to install.

Siestarider

I finally have both sides mounted. The pic below shows where I cut a notch out of the plate and 1/4" of the round duct.

I mounted a thin aluminum deflector with a pop rivet to the inlet duct and cut the piece to fit tight to hub so hopefully more air gets directed into center opening of rotor. I also finished up proper fiberglass air boxes from fog light vents to CMB brake ducts 2" all the way.

We already know these ducts cool brakes. Now we can see if tweaking the design makes any difference. Sebring in two weeks.