Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When are you attending ST Octane Academy?

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
he legit has the part he is just slow - I installed it on his car lol so I know its there. I will probably end up helping him pull it lol

he works graveyard and then goes to school in the evening so he's often a little out of it

I don't think I was normal the whole two years I worked graveyard as a teen

C. love

So got done with this thing overall not bad. One instructor is a cocky shit, the rest are cool. I did come to realize that the cocky instructor and I have similar personalities, so thats probably why I thought he was a douche lol. The class was big so it was a bit hectic also way more Focus owners. There was myself and 1 other guy that had fiestas. I decided not to get the insurance and went a bit soft so I didnt break/dent anything. Second time in 10 years Ive autocrossed and second time in 10 years I got the second best time, maybe I should start autocrossing. Also got second best time in karts against some dude who said he is some really good auto-x guy(he was a guest of a Focus owner). I also learned the "drift" brake works only 1/2 like a real drift break(I say this is why my autox time was lackluster). I also need to keep my eyes up.

All in all I was pretty tired all day and acted like I coulda cared less but after the karts (the best and last part of the day) I was amp'd.

I also managed to find out my fiestas top speed on this trip, shower via gallon water jugs twice, and only spend 285 dollars total (200 in gas and the remaing on coffee, redbull, and garbage food).

C. Love, you run today?

Which kart group you run in? I ran in group 2. I started in last and was in first by the second lap. I lapped the back markers 3 times. I had the Cosworth shirt on. Didnt think there was another Fiesta owner there w/ the amount of shit talking the Focus owners kept talking.

C. love

nope this last saturday, June 6. We only had 1 kart group. I am pretty sure Im the only one that chose the fiesta to run my laps in, I found it funny. I wish I coulda lapped more and passed people as I am sure I would have lapped some focus owners in the lowly fiesta. I would have liked more track time too, would have been fun to find the limits of the car

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
hope you didn't buy her admission because the wifey that got brought along w/our group didn't get to do hardly anything we did and didn't seem to have a good time
just a headsup...

Does anyone know how long they are going to offer the Octane Academy? I just bought my FiST this weekend so I know I have *some* time but as I work college admissions we are getting into our busy "you can't take time off unless you are dead" season and the soonest I'd be able to go would be maybe October, which is almost when weather starts being a factor...

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Does anyone know how long they are going to offer the Octane Academy? I just bought my FiST this weekend so I know I have *some* time but as I work college admissions we are getting into our busy "you can't take time off unless you are dead" season and the soonest I'd be able to go would be maybe October, which is almost when weather starts being a factor...
I think its open ended. Each new owner gets 1 year to sign up.

Yeah 1 year after purchase or lease. They said they had a contract at Miller for at least 2 years and maybe more depending on attendance. They really want it to spread word of mouth since there doesn't seem to be much advertising

Hello Guys,

I am new here. Got the Fiesta for 3 weeks now... and love it. I had many Swift GT in the past and for me, this car is the grand son of the GT... with more torque!

Do you know if this offer is also good for Canadian buyers? My salesman did not know about this offer... Is there documentation that comes with the new car in the US?

Thanks!

Hello Guys,

I am new here. Got the Fiesta for 3 weeks now... and love it. I had many Swift GT in the past and for me, this car is the grand son of the GT... with more torque!

Do you know if this offer is also good for Canadian buyers? My salesman did not know about this offer... Is there documentation that comes with the new car in the US?

Thanks!
The only other Fiesta owner there when I went was from Calgary.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Hello Guys,

Thanks!
Canadians can attend. I think they stopped taking registration for the year, might want to call them.

meFiSTo

Just signed up for April 19/20. Hah. Car was purchase April 30, 2014. So it got to a use it or lose it situation. Not a cheap trip (live in Seattle area), even with a "free"event, but should be a fun day. Might get a track day in on my own car ahead of that. TBD. Quaife, BC coilovers, oil cooler, PCV blowoff oil catch, teflon brake lines, brake cooling, fire extinguisher, and other stuff still to go on the car before it gets out there for a lapping day. Plus, track wheels don't have rubber yet. In any event, I'm signed up and look forward to getting to know the car with some instruction. I had an SVT Focus with FI before, so I have an idea of how the car will behave on track, but always nice to get practical instruction/experience with a new car.