Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When are you attending ST Octane Academy?

I'll be there for the Sep 12-13th session. Let me know if anyone here will be there, so we can meet.

Oyster! How was it?

I just barely snuck in on the last day... October 31st. I thought I had missed my chance until they added Halloween! Weather could be anything, and I'll be driving 10 hours to get there from New Mexico, hopefully stopping in Moab for some sight seeing. Looking forward to it!

I'll be there for the Sep 12-13th session. Let me know if anyone here will be there, so we can meet.

Oyster! How was it?
Fantastic! Totally worth it. I don't think i would drive as far as i did. Started my st in kc, mo with 1,500 miles on her and arrived back home with about 4,000. I'm still recovering.... :) Salt lake area is beautiful!

Oyster! How was it?
I'll be there. Hope I learn a few tips and tricks for spirited driving. Never been to the track and this is my first fwd performance car.

I'll be there Oct 17. I can't wait!

I did buy the insurance. I'm hoping not to slam it into a wall and still have to pay for the damage since it wouldn't be totaled.

I wouldn't worry about insurance. I was worried but the instructors are great and they don't put you in any dangerous situations a decent driver can't handle. It is an amazing learning experience you won't forget! I recommend going to anyone that loves to drive. [raceflag]

Anyone hear if they are going to offer any classes next yr at a new location? I have owned my fist for around 3 months now and was really looking forward to signing up for this. Even if there were slots open this yr I wouldnt be able to make it. Figured the yr to get signed up would mean I wouldnt have a problem signing up when I actually have vacation time left to burn.

For people that have attended.. Did you buy the insurance?
I didn't and although its possible someone else that attended that day did, I don't recall anyone having used it.

The reception the evening before is worth it to meet some of the folks attending and of course to check out the Hoonigan's hang-out.

The course is worth every penny it will take you to get there. My understanding is that the Academy is still planned to happen next year. The track closes down for the winter anyway after October, at least that is what one of the instructors told us, so its not like the October shutdown meant 'adios track'. I think its in Ford's interest to continue running the racing academy and the ST variant. Maybe someda they'll have the RS Octane Academy :p

My recommendations:
- go into the course with no particular expectations and simply get the most out of each activity
- I wanted max time in the FiST, so in the 2 follow the leader sessions I first grabbed Focus car #3 and was then able to drive the #1 FiST right behind the instructor
- ask the instructors all the questions you have. They are really into sharing their knowledge and its free!
- just have fun! Its what the FiST was designed for :)

Big shoutout to the forum members I got to meet there.

I went this past monday and tuesday for mine.

Reception:

Not all that great. You give your name, meet some people, and having an ok dinner then pretty much rushed out and you get a poster. Yes, it's cool to see the Hoonigan Headquarters but when I was there there was the one Focus ST in the main area then in the back garage area there was one rally/ GRC car and his Raptor on tracks. Otherwise not much to check out. Depending on where you're staying the drive to the reception and back is just as long as the reception itself. I would have much rather spent the time in Salt Lake checking out the area because it seems like a cool place.

Academy:

Can't say enough great things about it. I had a blast doing all the activities. The instructors are all really cool and very knowledgeable. The biggest thing I can say is don't be afraid to use the car. Everyone seemed a little timid at first but once you get into the swing of things it's a lot of fun. You learn some good techniques for sure. The hand brake turns and 180s were fun. The Cornering exercise was fun too. The Urban X was quite an experience too putting everything you learned together for a run. I saw a ton of 3-wheeling. Then comes the Track Time. This was an awesome experience. I went out in a fiesta first for the follow the leader/ instructor then hopped into a focus after (mine didnt have the recaros so stay away from the white one). After that It was the instructor riding with you in your choice of car which I picked the fiesta. I did two laps then dropped the instructor off and I was on my own after that. It was a blast and you think you do pretty good winding out 3rd gear and shifting into 4th on some of the straights. Ton of fun. Then the last thing with the instructors is riding with them. All I can say is hold on. It was an insane ride and I had no idea the fiesta was even capable of that especially pretty much stock except a roll cage, harness, and hand brake. I would say its best to hold on to the shoulder harnesses for the least amount of movement.

Afterwards you get back to the classroom and get your "trophies", certificate, tshirt, etc.

Most of the guys in this class owned a Focus with maybe like 3 guys other than myself owning a Fiesta. I had a great time and the drive up and back wasnt bad at all.

I wet back in May, but figured I'd chime in. It was really worth the experience. I highly recommend it, I learned that I'm too aggressive and need to back down. I brought my autocross tendencies to the track. I went to the SRT8 challenge with a friend who is an owner and the Octane Academy was way more fun! Definitely sucked to be faster in a focus on the urban cross, but still had more fun in the Fiesta. Also, did not buy the insurance. I highly doubt your going to manage to do more than 5k$ worth of damage at this event.

Booked the July 27th and 28th, also doing the second driving day with the 5.0's (29th). Just a heads up they increased the second day from last years half to a full day, so the price took a pretty big hike also. Its $1588 this year. I was told its a full day of track time with no classroom.

I've been waiting for the dates to come up for awhile now...and when they finally do it goes down again. I like how it says check back at noon today and it's past 4:00pm.